• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Player Booted

DeletedUser14433

I was shocked this week to find that a close friend; actually the person that introduced me to FOE, was booted from the game. Apparently after playing for 9 months he was informed that if he didn't change his profile name and the name of his city he would no longer be allowed to play FOE. His guild believes he went inactive but the system will not let him log in anymore. His game name is "Fucherr" his city "Mother Fucherr". This player is ranked #707 with 147,704 points, a very active player, he believes in fair trade and M/P'ed his guild, friends and neighbors daily.
While I understand the games views on profanity, personally I don't see any problem with his choice of names. I've noticed many name that are "plays" on words that the game doesn't seem to have a problem with.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I would like to know how others feel about this and I believe this is something the powers that be should correct. If his names were considered to profane for the game they should have notified him when he first began playing not 9 months later!

DeletedUser6163

I agree that his name should be changed, I wouldn't want to see a friend/neighbor/guildmate with that name on my social bar.

A moderator like Maestro can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not think someone goes through the new users as they are created. However if someone sent in a ticket complaining about a user name that breaches the rules (such as using an alternate spelling of what is obvious profanity), that is why he is being asked to change it now.

DeletedUser8861

All the player needs to do is appeal his ban...they will explain what needs to happen in order to be allowed back...most bans are appealable and can be removed if the player complies with the terms to be allowed to return.

DeletedUser18225

So how do you change your profile name? I don't like mine but can't find a way to change it. I made something stupid up when I just wanted to try out FOE and now it's not the name I would prefer. Slightly off topic but maybe a mod will answer me.

DeletedUser13866

So how do you change your profile name? I don't like mine but can't find a way to change it. I made something stupid up when I just wanted to try out FOE and now it's not the name I would prefer. Slightly off topic but maybe a mod will answer me.
only way i know of is to send in a support ticket with the request

DeletedUser13452

I was shocked this week to find that a close friend; actually the person that introduced me to FOE, was booted from the game. Apparently after playing for 9 months he was informed that if he didn't change his profile name and the name of his city he would no longer be allowed to play FOE. His guild believes he went inactive but the system will not let him log in anymore. His game name is "Fucherr" his city "Mother Fucherr". This player is ranked #707 with 147,704 points, a very active player, he believes in fair trade and M/P'ed his guild, friends and neighbors daily.
While I understand the games views on profanity, personally I don't see any problem with his choice of names. I've noticed many name that are "plays" on words that the game doesn't seem to have a problem with.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I would like to know how others feel about this and I believe this is something the powers that be should correct. If his names were considered to profane for the game they should have notified him when he first began playing not 9 months later!
hehe, I remember seeing that name somewhere and wondered how long he would get away with it. He should have changed his username when asked to. At least they notified him about the breach, many sites would just put a ban on a player for that.

DeletedUser10517

Makes a change to see someone asked to change their name.........I see so many disgustingly perverted or rude names.

DeletedUser3679

Makes a change to see someone asked to change their name.........I see so many disgustingly perverted or rude names.

As KoKo said (above), a 'forced' name change is usually a result of a ticket complaining about an inappropriate name. So if you see something that offends you.............

DeletedUser13430

The last time I looked FUCH is not a profane word. replace the h with a k and it is.
But hey what do I know. Life's a beach then you marry one.

DeletedUser15042

I don't care about the wording. If people are really that offended about a word, I would hate to see how they go about life each and every day. They must be furiour with society and the way humans behave, if a word gets them riled up.

BUT, he should be kicked. This is not a democracy, this is a game with rules set by the owners. If they say change it, you change it. And I would not call that player very active. Playing for 9 months and being at 174K points is not exactly impressive.