• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Player rank & happiness

• Thread starter DeletedUser41141
  • Start date

DeletedUser41141

Does player rank affect anything?

This question came out of a question about happiness. Happiness boost affects supplies and coins but a person may have plenty of these without the boost. My understanding is that happiness also affects points received from winning battles and these points affect player rank. Does the rank affect anything? So the real question is: If a person has plenty of coins and supplies coming in, is happiness important?

DeletedUser

The short answer is that player rank only affects where you stand in global/guild/friend/neighborhood standings. However, where you rank in your neighborhood will very likely affect whether/how often you are attacked/plundered. Players tend to leave those at the top of the neighborhood rankings alone and attack/plunder those at the bottom.

Also, if you utilize recurring quests, the extra boost from Happiness can mean more quests per day. Which would mean more FP/medals/goods/etc.

I do know players that ignore Happiness after a certain point, but they are in the minority. And if you build the right combination of GBs, an Enthusiastic city is easily attained/maintained without having buildings that only provide Happiness, such as cultural buildings and decorations.

DeletedUser40527

The short answer is that player rank only affects where you stand in global/guild/friend/neighborhood standings. However, where you rank in your neighborhood will very likely affect whether/how often you are attacked/plundered. Players tend to leave those at the top of the neighborhood rankings alone and attack/plunder those at the bottom.

Also, if you utilize recurring quests, the extra boost from Happiness can mean more quests per day. Which would mean more FP/medals/goods/etc.

I do know players that ignore Happiness after a certain point, but they are in the minority. And if you build the right combination of GBs, an Enthusiastic city is easily attained/maintained without having buildings that only provide Happiness, such as cultural buildings and decorations.
I will second this.

I don't generally plunder the neighborhood. But I will if my daily or an event quest says to "win x battles", or "defeat x units", or "plunder x times". I basically start at the bottom of the hood ranks, and work my way up until the quest is done.

And GB's are better than other buildings for happiness imo. I only have Hagia Sophia to meet all my happiness needs right now (in HMA). No cultural buildings, no decorations. So all my aids from friends go to production buildings and event buildings. At some point later on, I will build Alcatraz for additional happiness if needed.

DeletedUser41141

Does happiness affect contribution points in the Guild Expedition if you fight it?

DeletedUser37581

Does happiness affect contribution points in the Guild Expedition if you fight it?
If you mean the Expedition Points that are awarded after winning an encounter, then no, it is not affected by happiness.

DeletedUser

Happiness does affect battle points won in successful battles, and I'm not sure if anyone knows precisely what the relationship between battle points and Expedition points is. There has been much discussion since GE opened about points from battles vs negotiations and whether troop losses or damage affect Expedition points for an encounter and whether the number of tries/goods used affects the Expedition points for successful negotiations. If there is an exact formula for any or all of this, I've never seen it.