• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

pleasantville ....an introduction

DeletedUser40061

my city's name is pleasantville. it s a non violent city that focuses on good times and comraderie rather than attacking and plundering neighbors sending widespread chaos and butthurt feelings. the city has many things to offer, catering from the weary traveller passing through the city to get to another, and because its designated as a sanctuary city, we welcome refugees from war torn regions. we offer many things..for example, we offer adult entertainment for the adults. the playboy and hustler clubs..located behind the town hall. ..as well as cooking classes and rock climbing activities even sky diving and cave exploration for you adrenaline junkies. we also have many facilities catering to kids. they can have all their favorite snacks and foods..example.. jelly beans and burgers for lunch! or pizza and s'mores for dinner. we also have a bouncy castle that can accomendate over 30.000 hyper kids. in the near future, i want pleasantville to be a hub of production. i will add lots of bldgs producing goods..2-3 maybe up to 4 goods bldgs! i want to maximize goods, coins and supplies production 250%. the city has no known military support, hence my inability to unlock military tactics. it is a non progressive city meaning that i have no plans in progressing into the next age. to the dismay of neighbors itching to get their attacks on.

Vger

"You don't have a right to do this. I mean, I know you want it to stay pleasant around here, but — there are so many things ... that are so much better. Like silly, or sexy, or dangerous ... or brief. And every one of those things is in you all the time, if you just have the guts to look for them." David Wagner/Bud Parker

What's outside of Pleasantville?

DeletedUser40061

Hi! Theres nothing wrong in creating a city without that "aggressive" atmosphere. Because of this, my coin and supply count is overwhelmingly high..besides, there is no stress in thinking of being attacked. Iam already in plans to add multiple goods bldgs to max out supplies and tradable goods...it will be my only city that solely relies on production. Of course i added some military bldgs so i could do encounters in GE and sometimes in c map...whats on the outside is an unpredictable and sometimes unforgiving landscape. Full of danger and great expectations.

Vger

Hi! Theres nothing wrong in creating a city without that "aggressive" atmosphere. Because of this, my coin and supply count is overwhelmingly high..besides, there is no stress in thinking of being attacked. Iam already in plans to add multiple goods bldgs to max out supplies and tradable goods...it will be my only city that solely relies on production. Of course i added some military bldgs so i could do encounters in GE and sometimes in c map...whats on the outside is an unpredictable and sometimes unforgiving landscape. Full of danger and great expectations.
I used to have a city on the EN server that was 100% pacifist. I did the 5 battles you have to do to get past the tutorial, and never fought again. (I've been told you only need to do 4 for the tutorial, so maybe I did 1 more than needed, doesn't matter).
I went as far as industrial age, then deleted the city for reasons (that didn't have anything to do with the pacifist approach).

Not building barracks or any of the attack GBs saves a lot of real estate, and FPs. It does limit the number of DCs you can do, since some require fighting. I did build up my city defense: lots of ritual flames, watchtowers, and other buildings, and next age troops when I could get them. Had St. Basils as well.

I finished GE4 every week (except at the beginning, of course). Goods buildings + event buildings + goods producing GBs + most important - CF & lots of recurring quests every day (and yes, that got old :eek: ).

I almost never got plundered. My defense was good enough to keep the kiddies out. The campers, of course, could walk all over me, but I was reasonably good about collecting on time. Even when I did get hit, it was such an insignificant % of my daily production that is was just...Maw...oh well.

Freshmeboy

I had a Pleasantville once...it was an idyllic place to buy a home, raise the kids, establish a fruitful career and lay down roots...but then came the problems of a large city: light pollution, congestion of the downtown area which led to urban sprawl. A local government that saw dollar signs for the city rather than limited growth in a pattern to benefit the populace. More citizens meant more garbage, firefighters and police. A fair wage was dictated so civil service workers could live in my Pleasantville rather than commute, and the pensions and disability claims along with civil suits cost the taxpayers even more.
Disgruntled citizens reacted and demanded more from me than bloated government spending and the red tape grew longer and longer as micro management policies wreaked havoc with old fashioned common sense and created an even larger vortex of debt.
I wrestled with the realities of empire building and the demands of the people...at every turn I was criticized for my decisions..my nights grew long with little sleep and my empire struggled.
Then I tore that sucker down and moved to another world.....nothing like empire gaming, huh...?

DeletedUser40061

thx for the replies. stats for coinage and supplies are at an all time high. all because i dont subject my armies in unnessesary fighting, only occassional encounters in GE. on the other worlds, resources for units are always an issue because i have MT unlocked. one part of me wants to move forward, but is holding me back because of MT. -why is MT such a big deal with me is a good question.