• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please explain - FP's to GB's

DeletedUser28145

OK - I see how I can give someone FP's but it has been mentioned how this is a good deal for me - that I get things back.

Have no problem helping others out but what is this getting stuff back? Is it automatic? What?

DeletedUser27889

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 9.12.45 PM.png Here is an example of contribution awards. The awards will depend on the age of the building, the level of the building and your position. This link shows all the great buildings:http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Great_Buildings on each great building page you will see contribution awards available for each level.

You will receive this awards, should you still be in a winning spot, when the building levels. The FPs will be put into packs in your inventory. You will get a popup telling you soandso's building has leveled and what you get.

DeletedUser28145

OK - I see a problem with my trying to use just the few FP's I have and expect to get some back. Only the top 5 get something back and all the ones I have looked at the top people are giving sometime over 100FP's. I would never get anything back.

So I either lose FP's or keep spending them new techs which push me higher in the age, which I don't want.

DeletedUser27889

You can contribute to the GBs of your friends your neighbors and your guildmates. For your situation, I'm assuming you're Bronze/Iron age (?) and you don't have any GBs yet yourself for which to trade. I would focus on buildings you are looking for BPs for, though you get most of the ones you will need from mo/po drops that last BP for a building can take many, many tries. Look for buildings of a lower level which require less fps but be careful to see the position youre trying for includes BP. Also look for anyone leveling their own, you can get the best rewards for the littlest investment. Similarly if the person one has a single trade partner contributing.

You can follow all the GBs you contribute to in your town hall. If you keep an eye on it you will be able to know if someone knocks you off the top spot and so long as there is room left you will be able to reclaim it.

Be aware to leave the last FP for the owner of the building to put on so they can double dip their buildings and get twice the rewards by leveling it according to their schedule. (Not important for ToR and Zeus or any building that doesn't give a collectable reward)

DeletedUser8152

You can trade FPs for goods, that is what you want to do here. Go on chat and say you're looking for a swap partner, your fps for their goods. Then you agree on a rate: say each fp you donate, they "give" you 5 HMA goods. You send them a friend invite. Then after you give them 20 FP, you set up a trade 50 dye (or something) for 100 glass (or whatever they have). They take the trade, then you start putting more FPs on.

DeletedUser28145

Tks, guys - appreciate it. If someone trades you FP's, where do those show up? Do they go into inventory like the FP packets you win?

And Manda, I am trying to trade 10 or less FP's - I am never going to be in the top spot?

DeletedUser8152

Tks, guys - appreciate it. If someone trades you FP's, where do those show up? Do they go into inventory like the FP packets you win?
No they only way to give someone FPs is to put them on a great building.

DeletedUser28145

OK - I assume one can put their own on their own GB's, right? But that can be a very long time coming. In my new city I of course have no BP's and in my main city I have bits and pieces of 6! Since some of these are ones that I understand most don't want, trading for the BP's at my level isn't really that practical.

DeletedUser8152

OK - I assume one can put their own on their own GB's, right? But that can be a very long time coming. In my new city I of course have no BP's and in my main city I have bits and pieces of 6! Since some of these are ones that I understand most don't want, trading for the BP's at my level isn't really that practical.
Right, so what you do is trade for goods. The goods of some future age will certainly be useful later on when you get to that age.

In that trade, you donate forge points to someone's GB. Probably a lot of FP, because you'll trade for a lot of goods. That will earn you a prize position on their GB when it levels. And from that, you get a blueprint or two.

DeletedUser28145

Trying to get my head around this - one thing I was thinking about my few FP's on a one time donation but since I don't want to move up in age I would be doing this on a daily basis. This could add up but still competing against those 100FP's+ that most of the GB seem to have on top.

DeletedUser28145

Yup - but in reality would be less that 24/day but would add up over time.

Algona

Yup - but in reality would be less that 24/day but would add up over time.

I earmark at least hald my daily FPs for use in swaps or BP hunting, I encourage you to slow down tech advance and work on GBs, If you want I'll go into fetail how I do it, then others can critique and amplify.

DeletedUser28145

Tks, Algona - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Starting to work HQ in both of my cities knowing that it is going to be a long haul for my EMA.

Algona

Everyone feel free to jump in and say what is good, bad, odd, wrong, missed in the following.

NOTE WELL! Although it can be said for most aspects of this game, chasing BPs is an exercises in patience.

Select and focus on one target GB you want to acquire. Ask guildies, especially leadership, for advice and help acquiring target GB BPs.

I'm going to discuss two of the possible ways to get BPs. Aid and contributing to other player's GBs.

Aid: Expand your friends list with players of the age of the target GB preferably who already have the target GB. Check your guildies and hoodies for those with the GB. Instead of Aid, manually mo/po buildings of the Era of the target GB.

Contributing to other player's GBs: Remember that the goal is to acquire BPs! Getting FP and medal awards are nice, but not important at this point. Therefore aim for the lowest reward position that gives a Bp. (Exception, when you are chasing the last BP try for rewards that give multiple BPs, the chance of filling the last slot foes way up.)

Highlt recommended! Hold onto your Inventory FPs: there is no better general use for them then GB contributions, especially sniping.

Find those in Guild, Friend, Hood (in that order) who have the target GB. You will use two different methods, sniping and dominating.

Sniping: Every day review the target GBs in the Guild, Friends, Hood. Take any easy to acquire BP slots.

Dominating: Regularly contribute FPs to one target GB.

If you have at least one GB, the best way is to arrange a daily FP swap with the owner of the target GB. You will donate X FP to their GB, they will donate X FPs per day to your GB. Continue the daily swap until you have assured the reward you want, then stop contributing until the target GB levels.

if you do not yet have a GB, or the owner is not interested in sa swap, make regular FP contributions until you have assured the reward you want, then stop contributing until the target GB levels.

In either case, after you have assured the rewards you want, look for another player with a target GB to dominate.

Note well that dominating can turn to sniping!

Questions?

----------

Sniping Example. I am hunting Traz BPs. A guildie is in a dominating swap with another player. Because of the contributions from other players, the fifth reward slot costs 5 FP. I donate the 5 FP and wait for the GB to level and continue looking for other GBs to snipe.

Dominating Example: Same situation, but to grab 5th slot I need to donate 50 FP. My daily budget for BP acquisition is 10 FP. The owner doesn;t want to do a swap, so for the next 5 days I'll donate 10 FP per day to the Traz.

Mustapha00

To Algona's highly informative (as always!) list, please allow me to add a couple more ways to obtain BPs:

Participate in the Guild Expedition: if you are in a Guild of more than three members (think that's the threshold), you can participate in the Guild Expedition in which you fight AI-controlled enemies to obtain various rewards. These rewards can be anything from coin and supplies to- yes- blueprints (and much more). If you build the Temple of Relics Great Building, you have a chance to spawn a Relic on the GE map after you beat an encounter, and the common relic can give blueprints.

Complete the "Produce XXXX Coins" or "Product XXXX Supplies" Repeatable Quest: your buddy Rinbin will offer you such a quest, asking you to produce a certain number of coins or supplies (and occasionally both in separate quests), and a Blueprint can be one of the rewards. The best thing is that these quests can be repeated as often as you can complete them (players often complete these three or more times per day!).

Like others have said, obtaining BPs is an exercise in patience (as well as in self-discipline to keep you from buying Diamonds in order to buy BPs!). You'll get there.

DeletedUser25273

You only need to be in a guild to play the Guild Expeditions, the 3 person lower limit is for the inter-guild Guild Championship, which doesn't affect BPs, only a possible bonus on Guild power earned at the end of the week (and Bragging rights for winning trophies).

Also, ALL the recurring quests (and any quest with a 'Random Reward') has a chance of giving a BP as the prize, that BP being of your Era or less.

DeletedUser27096

I earmark at least hald my daily FPs for use in swaps or BP hunting, I encourage you to slow down tech advance and work on GBs, If you want I'll go into fetail how I do it, then others can critique and amplify.
I agree. I am in Late Middle Ages and have dramatically slowed my progress on the tech tree so that I can donate more FPs to my friends and guildmates so I can get more FP packages, medals and BPs.