• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please Post How Many Goods It Takes You To Negotiate GE

DeletedUser26965

The post is for data gathering purposes to get an idea of how many goods it takes to negotiate GE especially for newer players getting into the game and wanting to know. If you have an encounter by encounter tally of how many goods for each that would be even better. Please post data below.

Edit: For those newer players looking to negotiate GE levels 1-3 I believe a good measure is 75 goods for GE 1, 150 goods for GE 2 and 300 goods for GE 3. I believe if you have two goods building from your current Age and two from the previous and collect a 24 hour collection from them everyday you should be covered for GE negotiations for the week.

Here is one weeks worth of data from me, 550 goods for levels 1-3, some weeks are less.

Level 1 70 Goods
1-0
2-0
3-2
4-1
5-1
6-0
7-2
8-4
9-2
10-3
11-6
12-14
13-8
14-9
15-7
16-11

Level 2 168 Goods
1-0
2-3
3-2
4-11
5-3
6-2
7-4
8-20
9-6
10-9
11-14
12-24
13-8
14-22
15-16
16-24

Level 3 312 Goods
1-7
2-16
3-16
4-16
5-8
6-16
7-30
8-18
9-8
10-22
11-22
12-30
13-10
14-32
15-28
16-33

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

Is this utilizing the extra turn from the tavern?
This is just showing how many goods spent negotiating GE, I always use the tavern boost. Of course the assumption here is you minimize loss of goods negotiated as much as possible by utilizing the tavern boost, using diamonds for an extra guess if needed and know what you're doing. This way we can at least get an average of how many goods it takes so folks can prepare better.

DeletedUser26965

This was to finish GE4.... I combined all 4 levels.

FWIW,
1 - 38
2 - 99
3 - 412
4 - 1,318

I could have probably knocked off 10% wasted early on when I didn't use boost(s)

Excellent ODragon, thank you for providing some goods data.

DeletedUser28021

This is just showing how many goods spent negotiating GE, I always use the tavern boost. Of course the assumption here is you minimize loss of goods negotiated as much as possible by utilizing the tavern boost, using diamonds for an extra guess if needed and know what you're doing. This way we can at least get an average of how many goods it takes so folks can prepare better.

I'd be very interested to know how many diamonds were used. I imagine different people are more-or-less willing to resort to diamonds.

DeletedUser26965

I'd be very interested to know how many diamonds were used. I imagine different people are more-or-less willing to resort to diamonds.
Yes I'm quite certain I used diamonds in some of those and it's fine if folks wish to include that data but what I'm most interested in here is how many goods it takes to negotiate all encounters for levels 1-3. I want to get a general estimate for a baseline of goods so players, mainly newer players, will at least have some idea of how many goods they will need to gather for GE to play these levels. I've negotiated GE 4 a couple times and have seen other data that seems to show an estimate of 1,000 goods just for that one level but the majority of newer players won't be doing level 4 and if they do they most likely already understand they need a ton of goods to negotiate it. I'll include diamond costs next time I do this.

DeletedUser28021

Yes I'm quite certain I used diamonds in some of those and it's fine if folks wish to include that data but what I'm most interested in here is how many goods it takes to negotiate all encounters for levels 1-3. I want to get a general estimate for a baseline of goods so players, mainly newer players, will at least have some idea of how many goods they will need to gather for GE to play these levels. I've negotiated GE 4 a couple times and have seen other data that seems to show an estimate of 1,000 goods just for that one level but the majority of newer players won't be doing level 4 and if they do they most likely already understand they need a ton of goods to negotiate it. I'll include diamond costs next time I do this.

Thanks. I don't have detailed data, but my rule of thumb is:
- for levels 1-3, 4-5 goods buildings, collecting at least 25 goods each per day. You can do it with 4, but you won't manage to save many goods for other purposes.
- for levels 1-4, 6 goods buldings, collecting at least 25 goods each per day. This might not be quite enough - the guild where I did this only opens level IV when they have serious competition.

This may be totally wrong. It doesn't pay attention to goods from quest loops, or from great buildings. But the experience is of HMA and below; mostly below. So not too many quest loops, and only lowish LoA and ToB.

DeletedUser26965

Thanks. I don't have detailed data, but my rule of thumb is:
- for levels 1-3, 4-5 goods buildings, collecting at least 25 goods each per day. You can do it with 4, but you won't manage to save many goods for other purposes.
- for levels 1-4, 6 goods buldings, collecting at least 25 goods each per day. This might not be quite enough - the guild where I did this only opens level IV when they have serious competition.

This may be totally wrong. It doesn't pay attention to goods from quest loops, or from great buildings. But the experience is of HMA and below; mostly below. So not too many quest loops, and only lowish LoA and ToB.
If we say maybe 4 buildings a day @20 a day that's 80 goods a day*7=560 which seems good to me if we say to negotiate all encounters levels 1-3 costs an average of 500 goods. Gets ya in the ballpark anyway.

ODragon

Excellent ODragon, thank you for providing some goods data.
This was the first time I've gotten to do GE4. My guess is that based on the participation, we won't be doing it again for a while. It is just too much of a resource drain (both personal goods but also guild goods to open it) to justify when only 50/59 participate in GE. Of that 50, only 15 participated in GE4 and of that 15, only 8 did all 64 parts of GE.

ODragon

Not doing GE4 again for a while. I did include more details. I have the data if you have any questions about it.

2017-06-15-GE.jpg

DeletedUser26965

This is what GE3 cost me in goods this week. 290 Goods used total, diamonds used once for extra turn. Think I won some goods so that got back about 40 or so. Got about 40fp's and a Sacred Sky Watch as well so that took some of the sting off. Here's a breakdown of each encounter by goods spent each turn.

3 1 - 4
6 2 4 - 12
6 4 2 4 - 16
6 10 6 4 - 26
3 4 1 2 - 10
6 8 4 - 18
6 6 6 - 18
6 2 2 4 2 - 18
3 1 4 2 - 10
6 4 6 4 - 20
6 8 8 2 - 24
6 8 8 - 22
3 3 2 1 - 9
6 8 6 4 - 24
6 10 4 - 20
9 12 9 9 - 39

DeletedUser26120

for levels 1-4, 6 goods buldings, collecting at least 25 goods each per day. This might not be quite enough
Can confirm this is not enough. If you have zero goods stockpiled and only 6 goods buildings then you won't make enough for Lv4.

I have 3 previous era goods and 3 current era goods production, and still have to plunder to make enough to play GE4.

That's a nice table/spreadsheet, not hard to duplicate in google docs. I'll start recording mine.

DeletedUser26120

Meant to have this done sooner but got caught up with work. I decided to make a spreadsheet and share it so we can all use the same template, and to save others time.

You can view (if no account just signup, its quick and easy) and from there go to File > Make a Copy then follow the rest of prompts. That'll give you your own editable copy.

Don't forget to update the date in the upper left column. If there are any needed changes to the format, you can either make it yourself and share the new version or tell me what they are and I'll do it.

This is a very interesting project and I'm excited to see what comes out of it. Without further ado:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16N0ZKdSra0w79HZPB5dTsafghiIOLAIfmM1WBHhhrr0/edit?usp=sharing

DeletedUser26120

I'm also writing down my prizes, as what's spent on GE isn't the only consideration: it's what you get out of it too.

O5xdwnm.jpg

Not done with level 1 yet, I just went ahead and put 16 for attack because I battle all.

DeletedUser

Thanks to Dursland's spreadsheet, I can state that it cost me 76 previous era goods to negotiate all 16 encounters on level 1 this week. It also cost me 20 Diamonds, partly because I foolishly used the 15 minute boost, forgetting that gathering data would slow me down.

DeletedUser26965

Thanks to Dursland's spreadsheet, I can state that it cost me 76 previous era goods to negotiate all 16 encounters on level 1 this week. It also cost me 20 Diamonds, partly because I foolishly used the 15 minute boost, forgetting that gathering data would slow me down.
All in the name of science, thank you for your contribution to data gathering. Yes, it seems to be like 75-150-300 goods to negotiate the first three levels. Of course it could be less depending on luck and skill but good to overstate rather than understate I say for this case. I think if they open another GE level they should reduce the cost and difficulty of GE 4, that seems to be a rather big jump in goods cost to negotiate at like 800-1000 goods from the apx 300 for level 3.

DeletedUser26120

Almost done with lv3, my analysis so far is that it's worth playing 1-3 if you can battle 90%+ of it. The troop rewards + some goods you get from chests will pay for GE on its own. You will also walk away with extra gold, supplies, fp and possibly rewards (like I got tribal square for finishing lv2).

GE4 is where you have to pay to play and is not worth doing unless you are chasing fountains, skywatches, or terrace farm. I haven't won a farm yet myself, so I've been playing it every week. Once I get the terrace farm I will likely quit GE4 until I'm ready for another one in my city.

Anyway should have spreadsheet done by Saturday or Sunday.

DeletedUser26120

Here are the results. Overall not too bad as I was able to fight the first 9 levels. Cost 27 troops but that was mostly attached rogues. Got back more diamonds and medals than I spent, and gained 42 fp I wouldn't have if I hadn't played. Last reward blows but can't win 'em all. Not to mention the tribal square relic - I marked lvl 4 relics specifically. Goods cost is brutal I agree but that's why I plunder lol.

j7bhEJm.jpg