• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please rework the calculation for ranking

Yugi the 7empest

get a pc then
I only play on PC. Plus, Inno failed to mention in the TOS accompanying the app platform that all aspects of the game would not be available to app players. Now app players far outnumber the PC players so the uptick in complaints about ranking is not only warranted, but expected. To maintain the current system is just ignorant and shows poor planning. Sure, Inno can do whatever they want. It's their game and their rules. But don't clutch your pearls when the community points points out an obvious imbalance.

The impotant observation here is that you agree with my point as evidenced in your inability to dispute the content by instead providing a ridiculous and unrealistic solution. I have succeeded in convincing one of the White Knight Inno defenders that Inno is not perfect. My life has reached a new level of fulfillment. Hopefully this will not ruin your dream of becoming a forum mod.

Last edited:

icarusethan

The impotant observation here is that you agree with my point as evidenced in your inability to dispute the content by instead providing a ridiculous and unrealistic solution.
i guess I cant relate to poor people is a huge issue somehow.
Hopefully this will not ruin your dream of becoming a forum mod.
i will never try to be a mod in this forum, a waste of my time. so have fun with your delusion

Ebeondi Asi

Someone isnt going to spend ~2000$ so their guild can gain a few ranks.
Your 'someone' is not everyone. fer' sure/ LOL
Agree with later post being poor is a non-issue.
Just because some think because they would not spend $2K for a trivial Foe advantage, no one else should either? Sorry wrong brain fart.

Sheldor the Destroyer

Your 'someone' is not everyone. fer' sure/ LOL
Agree with later post being poor is a non-issue.
Just because some think because they would not spend $2K for a trivial Foe advantage, no one else should either? Sorry wrong brain fart.
That’s just my opinion. I don’t remember saying you couldn’t, I just said it was insane.

Johnny B. Goode

get a pc then
Here's a better idea: You want a PC-only feature to be the determining factor in rankings, play a PC-only game. We get that you don't care about fairness, so you can quit repeating the same tired fallacy. Find a new talking point or your relevance here will continue its freefall.

Johnny B. Goode

so you saying 90% of the people are banned for life from getting a pc, okay.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. :rolleyes:
Why don't you buy them PCs? And then force them to use them instead of the mobile app? Or better yet, design your own game that isn't available except on PC! That way, you can be a big fish in a tiny little pond. Because without mobile, FoE would have an extremely small player base and there would only be very few worlds, and they couldn't pay enough programmers for all the features you like to crow about. Top age would probably still be FE and GvG would be all there was. And many of the rest of us PC players would have been long gone. So take your entitled mindset and stuff it.

icarusethan

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. :rolleyes:
Why don't you buy them PCs? And then force them to use them instead of the mobile app? Or better yet, design your own game that isn't available except on PC! That way, you can be a big fish in a tiny little pond. Because without mobile, FoE would have an extremely small player base and there would only be very few worlds, and they couldn't pay enough programmers for all the features you like to crow about. Top age would probably still be FE and GvG would be all there was. And many of the rest of us PC players would have been long gone. So take your entitled mindset and stuff it.
says from a guy claiming " I don't care about guild rank at all, they are just meaningless numbers to give people brag right" yet spent tons of time jumping into this thread. makes a lot of sense.

Johnny B. Goode

says from a guy claiming " I don't care about guild rank at all, they are just meaningless numbers to give people brag right" yet spent tons of time jumping into this thread. makes a lot of sense.
Still no actual argument for your position, I see. "I care about guild rank because I'm one of the few that plays GvG." That's you in a nutshell. The thing you can't argue away is that there are two valid platforms for this game, and the main feature influencing guild rank is not available at all on the most used platform. Whether I care about guild rank or not doesn't change the facts of the situation. And it's the facts of the situation that you have no answer to, except the pathetic "buy a PC" nonsense.

Johnny B. Goode

Until it is fixed, guild ranking will join GVG in the "hardly anyone cares" category. If it never gets fixed, no big deal, hardly anyone cares.
That is exactly right. It would be nice if the rankings actually reflected the whole game, but they don't. So they don't matter to 95% of players. And they will continue to not matter until GvG's influence on them is lessened to reflect its minor role in the game.

I remember when GE was introduced. I had a guild that took first place 99 times out of 100. Every member participated and most weeks everyone finished all 4 levels. And it made no impact on the guild's ranking. But a guild with just a few members participating in GvG can be in the top 10 in rankings. Explain why my highly motivated and very active, not to mention successful, guild should care about those rankings. The obvious answer is that they didn't. And neither do successful GBG guilds. They're in it for the rewards. Because the rankings are irrelevant.

Ebeondi Asi

One way the Rankings could be made entirely obsolete is to have a list of results of each Guild in GbG rank (and maybe GE rank) for the past five seasons one could see as a Pop up? perhaps? next to each Guild as players browse the Guilds. that would be awsome. And tell you far far more about a Guild than the current system.

Aonply

Here's a better idea: You want a PC-only feature to be the determining factor in rankings, play a PC-only game. We get that you don't care about fairness, so you can quit repeating the same tired fallacy. Find a new talking point or your relevance here will continue its freefall.
There is no way to satisfy these arguments against gvg having the impact it does on guild rankings other than removing it or diminishing it's value to the point of it being absurd to invest time or anything else into it. I guarantee if people were making fp's along with a bunch of other rewards when they hammered away at gvg sectors for their team like they get in GBG/GE there would be a sudden miraculous explosion of pc's overnight in all of these oppressed guilds and the fighting would be glorious on the gvg maps. :cool:

Johnny...The PC only feature is not a disadvantage. You prefer a phone only platform which is fine and you can go find a game that is phone only if you wish. PC's are cheaper than most of these phones now and anyone pretending that there is some underprivileged mass of phone users is just being silly. Just quit acting like you do not have a pc and help your team in gvg man. :D

What would happen if they opened gvg up to the phones? Would that satisfy you even though the best gvg teams have plenty of these "phone" players too and would likely get way better participation and still be ranked at the top. ;)

Johnny B. Goode

Johnny...The PC only feature is not a disadvantage. You prefer a phone only platform which is fine and you can go find a game that is phone only if you wish. PC's are cheaper than most of these phones now and anyone pretending that there is some underprivileged mass of phone users is just being silly. Just quit acting like you do not have a pc and help your team in gvg man. :D
You should not assume. I play almost exclusively on PC. I pretty much completely ignore GvG for the most part and have since my second year playing this game. I'm into year 7 now and I only play GvG when I'm extremely bored...or if a quest calls for fighting in my Iron Age cities on a Monday. Also if someone in a GvG guild annoys me and I want to mess with them. :D

EDIT: I was very disappointed when I saw that on the one world where we both have a city, your guild (19th in global) had only one GvG tile and it was in Industrial Age. It looked lonely all by itself, so I took it off your hands. You can have it back whenever you want, won't matter to me. Thanks for the battle points, though, it'll help me win some relatively useless medals and improve my irrelevant global ranking points.

Last edited:

Aonply

You should not assume. I play almost exclusively on PC. I pretty much completely ignore GvG for the most part and have since my second year playing this game. I'm into year 7 now and I only play GvG when I'm extremely bored...or if a quest calls for fighting in my Iron Age cities on a Monday. Also if someone in a GvG guild annoys me and I want to mess with them. :D

EDIT: I was very disappointed when I saw that on the one world where we both have a city, your guild (19th in global) had only one GvG tile and it was in Industrial Age. It looked lonely all by itself, so I took it off your hands. You can have it back whenever you want, won't matter to me. Thanks for the battle points, though, it'll help me win some relatively useless medals and improve my irrelevant global ranking points.

Well sorry about that V world city...it's been on my deletion list several times for a few years now but I just keep collecting it for some reason. Yeah...no gvg and still 19th globally...right where the guild belongs with that level of activity. Or should the guild be ranked higher than those gvg teams over there just because they do ge and gbg as some suggest should be the case in this thread? I think not. ;) Grab a city in R or H. It's fun to smack little ghosters around that think they are tough sometimes. :rolleyes: If you want I will make a guild in V like your 1 man guild so we can scrap 1 vs 1 on the FE map for braggin rights. :p It can be checkmate when someone gets removed unless helped by others.

Update: After looking at your relatively useless stats on your 9 worlds I decided engaging you in GVG would be no contest in my favor because they indicate you have not done much in that area and the best you could muster is a ghost style attack on some sector waiting there for you to attack without anyone defending or preparing for battle. I kindly recommend you stick with GE and GBG where your game ego is safe bud. :D

Johnny B. Goode

After looking at your relatively useless stats on your 9 worlds
Well, on the one world where we both have a city, I'm ranked ahead of you despite your "expertise" and my extremely casual current play style, so...
I decided engaging you in GVG would be no contest in my favor because they indicate you have not done much in that area and the best you could muster is a ghost style attack on some sector waiting there for you to attack without anyone defending or preparing for battle.
Partly right. It would be in your favor because I don't give a crap about GvG and wouldn't waste that much effort on such a useless endeavor.
I kindly recommend you stick with GE and GBG where your game ego is safe bud.
My ego (game or otherwise) is perfectly safe already, but thanks for your concern, bud. If you need GvG to assuage your game ego, by all means play it to your heart's content, bud.