• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pls Disallow Neighbor BULLY GB Contribution

MarktheMagnificent

Came here for advice and little direction and I get talked down?
SHAME on all of you who don't know how to respond respectfully!! It only reflects your own character. Shame on you!!

Thank you to those who stopped by to give advice. It's much appreciated.

BTW I'm a long-time online gamer - not on browser games. - Lima Oscar Lima!!
I am sorry that you feel that way. However, you did bring it on yourself to some extend by making unfounded accusations of being bullied. If you behave like the snowflake generation then that's how you'll be treated.

If I may presume to give you some advice? Don't go on a forum and accuse people of things and, for goodness sake, don't be so thin-skinned.

You seemed very happy to call out another player on the forum behind his back, "PPE1234 is one such player", but don't like it yourself.

DeletedUser29460

Good thing my main city is in Mount Killmore, so I can see your entire guild and all the GB contribution history.

Who are "Machan The Joker", "Machan The Great", "Machan the Wise"? Why all 3 cities look so similar to each other? Aren't they your push accounts?
View attachment 16261

No, they are my family. We are a family guild.

DeletedUser29460

I am sorry that you feel that way. However, you did bring it on yourself to some extend by making unfounded accusations of being bullied. If you behave like the snowflake generation then that's how you'll be treated.

If I may presume to give you some advice? Don't go on a forum and accuse people of things and, for goodness sake, don't be so thin-skinned.

You seemed very happy to call out another player on the forum behind his back, "PPE1234 is one such player", but don't like it yourself.

you're right I shouldn't have mentioned names. I've removed that part from the OP

planetofthehumans2

Is that your last name??

Clearly people in this thread regard sniping as an act of taking advantage of another user even if they support it, I'd say that's bullying. Sniping can cost the user and other people on the GB hundreds of FP. It's never an act of "giving". It's like if I punched people in the face and said that I was giving them my fist, it hurts and costs the victim. It's really sick that this forum encourages and praises people for this act of sabotage and desecration, along with plundering.

MarktheMagnificent

Is that your last name??

Clearly people in this thread regard sniping as an act of taking advantage of another user even if they support it, I'd say that's bullying. Sniping can cost the user and other people on the GB hundreds of FP. It's never an act of "giving". It's like if I punched people in the face and said that I was giving them my fist, it hurts and costs the victim. It's really sick that this forum encourages and praises people for this act of sabotage and desecration, along with plundering.

Oh, please! I get sniped all the time, even plundered on occasion. Guess what? I don't feel bullied at all, or hurt, or offended, or whatever. It is simply a part of the game that I've signed up to play.

If I'm playing a tank game am I being bullied because another player attacked me? No, it is part of the game.

And as for the analogy of the punch in the face, I don't know where to begin. Suffice to say that punching you will get me arrested whilst sniping your GB on FoE most definitely will not. No comparison really, is there?

I must say, however, that the art of hyperbole is certainly not lost on you.

It is truly too bad that you feel as though you are being bullied. This, however, is a game situation that you are complaining about and not real life. Most of the advise given thus far has been sound, whether you decide to use it will remain a choice for you.
Being an experienced gamer as you reported, I would think you would understand that there always lies the possibility that you will encounter game elements with which you will not agree. Playing this game for even a short period of time will reveal that sniping is as much a part of this game as most other elements. Whether you decide to take part in it is similar to the decisions you make throughout the game like deciding which of the housing units you want to build for each age/era, or whether you will fight or negotiate through GE. Beyond that it isnt a problem because the developers allow it now as it is.

Jern2017

SHAME on all of you who don't know how to respond respectfully!! It only reflects your own character. Shame on you!!

Nowhere in your first post did you ask for advice or direction.

Shame on you for warping the word "bully" completely out of context, just because something doesn't suit you.

Graviton

Many new players, including some of those replying in this thread, felt the same way when we first started. But you come to realize that just like being plundered, getting your GB sniped or losing out on a double-dip sometimes is just part of the game, and there some ways to mitigate it. In short: you'll learn to live with it and may even start doing it yourself. I snipe neighbors like crazy, although I don't level another player's GB for them as I still view that as bad form.

None of this is violence. Not even fighting in this game is real violence. Calling it such diminishes real violence and insults real victims. If you can't handle the game without completely losing all perspective you shouldn't be playing.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Inno FoE politics which strongly favor the bad guys, that's all I can say. I've asked for the different type of new worlds where players cannot plunder each other and [...]
Great news. Inno has that already. It's a entirely separate game called Elvenar ;D

On a more serious note though, Forge of Empires doesn't favour the "bad guys" as much as it favours the city owner already. You control everything about your city and can if you want leave absolutely nothing to plunder. You have a city shield. You have motivation options. You have no-motivation plunderproof options. You even have a period of time where you can't be plundered at all. You're put in same age neighbourhoods. Everything is in the hands of the plundered except for the army attacking their city and that can be rendered a moot point by how you manage the rest of your city.

Just a observation. Your first post doesn't look at all like it's asking for advice or direction. It looks like you know exactly what you want already. If you came here saying "here's my problem, can you please give me advice on how to counter it / fix it / whatever" then it'd be clear you're open to a discussion. If you come here saying "everyone who wins is a bully, please implement X solution" then it looks like you've already made up your mind on what you're willing to listen to.

Farfle the smelly

Is that your last name??

What about GIVING a black eye? I’m very generous sometimes. ;)

No, I agree with your point....to a point. There’s a larger etiquette game that newbs are taught one of two ways: through forums and playbacks/youtube, or through rough and tumble karma. I think folks might be more inclined to help the OP if didn’t immediately call into question a valid playing style. Bullying usually involves some sort of personal attachment, when really snipers are just opportunists.

Meat Butcher

To me when I first started playing the game, I always thought it was cool that the risk was if you did not collect on time you could be plundered.
I do not want a game where everything is all nicey nice, I want a game where there is some kind of a risk involved.

For example: when I see medals go into my inventory on the upper right, or my inventory blinky light is going off, I rush to my town hall to see what GB went off and get my FP's in there before the next player does.

I still like that rush to this day and I have been playing since 2013.

Agent327

To me when I first started playing the game, I always thought it was cool that the risk was if you did not collect on time you could be plundered.
I do not want a game where everything is all nicey nice, I want a game where there is some kind of a risk involved.

When I started playing the game, if you did not collect on time you got a fish symbol above your building and you lost your production. Game has already been made a lot easier.

Emberguard

When I started playing the game, if you did not collect on time you got a fish symbol above your building and you lost your production. Game has already been made a lot easier.
I remember seeing that in the FAQ =,D question, how much time did you have to collect a finished production before it expired?

Nicholas002

how long did it take for the coins to corrode? must've been at least several hundred years. (weeks FoE time)
and what about diamonds from wishing wells? I'm guessing those never expire...

Agent327

I remember seeing that in the FAQ =,D question, how much time did you have to collect a finished production before it expired?

Only supplies could spoil.

5 min --> 1hr after production ended
15 min --> 1hr
1u --> 2hr
4u --> 8hr.
8u --> 16hr.

Got removed with gameversion 1.21 in March 2014

Last edited: