• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser36624

They are plunder magnets though. Since I put my sleigh builders down, I've had a lot more attacks.

DeletedUser32328

That's not been my experience. Every SB I've hit was producing something other than goods. I've given up on plundering them completely.
I find it quite ironic that a lot of the Sunken Treasures I've hit were set up for 24 hour production (1 FP) whereas everybody on the forum was seeing it as a goods building.
Imagine the complaints from those who'd miss out on Runestone fragments because of it. Thinking how much fun that would be, I'm sad now.:(
Was thinking the same earlier. Would be absolutely brutal. On the other hand, I don't know if much of the hood cattle will actually do the settlements. And if they will have the brain power to get to some good production, especially the more interesting goods unlocked later down the development tree.
I got crymail! "Life is short and sad and made infinitely worse by bullies like you."

I dignified it with an answer: "Life is a journey. There is good and bad. This isn't life, this is a game. You get out of it what you put into it."
Congrats. Some nice philosophical cry-mail there.

DeletedUser36624

I wonder why? I don't look for specific buildings in a city before I attack. There are buildings that are more lucrative.
It might have something to do with the fact that there are 14 of them, and the goods buildings are all gone, so it's obvious that I'm using them for goods production.

If someone is running a defense that is likely to cause casualties, I do weigh whether the payoff is likely to be worth the potential losses. Anything I can roll with no risk, I don't bother taking the time to look, they just get rolled.

- KQ -

I got crymail! "Life is short and sad and made infinitely worse by bullies like you."

I dignified it with an answer: "Life is a journey. There is good and bad. This isn't life, this is a game. You get out of it what you put into it."

Well she showed me! She disconnected her city. That was after I told her that if she didn't want to be attacked, that she only had to hit the aid button because I don't attack neighbors that aid me.

DeletedUser36624

IME, the crymail types have multiple equally mediocre cities and they don't want to take the time to do anything like aid, or time collections, or manage a defensive army. A snotty note is about the most they will extend themselves to, incorporating as much emotional violence in the words as possible without risking discipline from Inno. Definitely the "I want to speak to your manager!" types IRL.

- KQ -

IME, the crymail types have multiple equally mediocre cities and they don't want to take the time to do anything like aid, or time collections, or manage a defensive army. A snotty note is about the most they will extend themselves to, incorporating as much emotional violence in the words as possible without risking discipline from Inno. Definitely the "I want to speak to your manager!" types IRL.

Well stated. That's been my experience as well.

DeletedUser30312

I really don't get that. Every time I plunder a Sleigh Builder or Santa's Workshop and get medals, all I can think is, "What are you thinking?" Why would you waste such a good building to generate a few medals? I certainly don't waste mine on anything so mundane that the game gives out left and right.

Probably because they're noobs who don't realize what a waste of time the medal production is.

Or they're trying to complete a DC or event quest.

Jern2017

Or they want a plunderer think they're getting goods or FPs and intentionally producing something worthless to try and make them stop plundering.

Bruadhin

well, that will never work, I don't care if you set a trap and let me plunder 310 coins or some supply. I'm still gonna plunder you next day and the day after...

Exactly, I keep coming back. If I remember, I might try a different building, but that is about it.

Bruadhin

There must be less of them on some worlds. I get them fairly frequently on Korch.

Well, in my case I never get to plundering the top portion of the hood. My bonuses just aren't high enough. Plus I generally won't even attempt a half decent defense.

So I suspect there are more Palace's out there, I'm just not having the opportunity. Although I have gotten a few more since I posted that. My hood is pretty rich with light security.

DreadfulCadillac

Well, in my case I never get to plundering the top portion of the hood. My bonuses just aren't high enough. Plus I generally won't even attempt a half decent defense.

So I suspect there are more Palace's out there, I'm just not having the opportunity. Although I have gotten a few more since I posted that. My hood is pretty rich with light security.
arnt rih people supposed to know to have bodyguards>?????????????????:p