• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser30312

So I had this neighbor this morning shooting off his mouth this morning about how he was going to bury me on the PE tower tomorrow by doing all 64 levels of GE at once.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

So I did a bit of GvG, and my DC was to take 5 sectors on the continent map, where I'm currently in PME. I also hit a few neighbors. This is where things were about 10 minutes ago on the tower:

tower.jpg

Can he do enough GE to stay the champion of the PE tower? We'll find out! Let him boast all he wants, I'm the current champion up on ME.

DeletedUser36624

So today was a very lazy day, I decided to take it easy, probably not plunder the hood tonight, recharge after Forge Bowl and get ready for GE tomorrow.

Then up pops a notification on my phone. "Xyr: You have a new message."

Okay. Interesting. Maybe it's a guildie frantically trying to get ahold of me because they don't have a green dot to tell them I'm not online (even though the tab is open on my browser).

But it's this:
Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 8.27.07 PM.png

Oh, no! I'm quaking in my boots now. Check out the city. In LMA all right... but no... LMA military buildings. Just 3 HMA ones. Oh, and there's a monastery. Let's check the plunder data. Scroll down, scroll down, okay, not one of the high ranked guys I popped for FP. Scroll down, scroll down, did I pass it already? Oh, no, here it is. Defense: 2 SP 0/0.

Well, as Orius said: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

No longer feeling lazy, I decide to do the whole hood. Work my way down to this guy. I do not want to have to retreat on this one, so I bring out the big guns, trebuchet and 7 rogues (I swear guys, it's magic, just like alabaster). My heart is pounding, wondering what "strong soldiers" I will be facing.

2 spearfighters. I had to wait awhile to recover from the laughter so I could post this. My notes now dutifully record: 2 SP 0/20.

The hoodies can blame this guy for getting plundered today.

Super Catanian

Three love notes from one neighbor in the same day.

View attachment 11835
OMG!!!
I remember receiving hate mail twice now. One was a peaceful guy who just said "can we have peace". After accepting some trade offers that were in my favor, we became friends.
Another person flipped me off, and didn't want to accept my treaty requirements. I never saw her again, so...

- KQ -

OMG!!!
I remember receiving hate mail twice now. One was a peaceful guy who just said "can we have peace". After accepting some trade offers that were in my favor, we became friends.
Another person flipped me off, and didn't want to accept my treaty requirements. I never saw her again, so...

When they come out cursing and name calling, it just encourages me. I set an alarm and hit this guy as soon as 24 hours were up. It was a few minutes later that I got the third message. I wonder if I can get him tomorrow before he collects.

If people are civil, I'm willing to work with them. I always aid the first couple of days in a new hood and then aid everyone that's aided me before I go to battle with the rest.

DeletedUser30312

Then up pops a notification on my phone. "Xyr: You have a new message."

Okay. Interesting. Maybe it's a guildie frantically trying to get ahold of me because they don't have a green dot to tell them I'm not online (even though the tab is open on my browser).

But it's this:
View attachment 11808

Oh, no! I'm quaking in my boots now. Check out the city. In LMA all right... but no... LMA military buildings. Just 3 HMA ones. Oh, and there's a monastery. Let's check the plunder data. Scroll down, scroll down, okay, not one of the high ranked guys I popped for FP. Scroll down, scroll down, did I pass it already? Oh, no, here it is. Defense: 2 SP 0/0.

Well, as Orius said: CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

No longer feeling lazy, I decide to do the whole hood. Work my way down to this guy. I do not want to have to retreat on this one, so I bring out the big guns, trebuchet and 7 rogues (I swear guys, it's magic, just like alabaster). My heart is pounding, wondering what "strong soldiers" I will be facing.

2 spearfighters. I had to wait awhile to recover from the laughter so I could post this. My notes now dutifully record: 2 SP 0/20.

LOL. So funny when the people who act tough have no defense.

Super Catanian

I am taking it easy today to..event recharge ya know?also a heavy and 7 rogues works better then treb 7 rogues trust me:)
It depends on what you're fighting. Trebs have good attack and defense for their age, and a huge attack range. The HMA is truly one of the best ages to be in the game.

DeletedUser36624

Treb+7 is super effective against any 2/2/2/2 (or other minor variations of) defense that involves other trebs or other unit that can do damage on the first round (such as Mounted Archers in EMA). It neatly solves the problem of having artillery pounding you from the get go, but also units that will be arriving to tear you up on the second round. I have also used this with ballistae and catapults (hadn't yet come up with it with stone throwers in BA). I have had people use it against my defense and fail miserably because they tried to advance with the rogues ("well what good are they if they're just sitting here doing nothing!"). Done right, it is an elegant dance, but you have to be Ginger Rogers (backwards and in heels) rather than Fred Astaire.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, rogues are a terrible combination with artillery units because of their poor defenses, usually with ranged as well, but that's more age dependent. Usually my attack armies have 1 or 2 units with all rogues for long fights, but for faster fights, I prefer massed artillery or a combination of ranged and artillery when the artillery/ranged units can kill the other units quickly.

DeletedUser30312

Results on my little hood competition this week:

tower.jpg

My final score was about 3.229 million at the end of the evening. I won by nearly 800k points, probably the biggest score I've had on the towers yet. And I didn't just park on the PE tower either:

week.jpg

Those towers were uncontested from CA or LMA down. Today, I'm the current champion in all those towers except IA and PME.

In my other cities, this guy tried to attack my city on Parkog and backed off and then I quickly and successfully retaliated:

falcon.jpg

Then there was this bit of eloquence in my hood thread over on Greifental:

wellsaid.jpg

Not really sure what that's about.

DeletedUser36624

I always visit everybody first day of a new hood, because sometimes those guys at the top of the list get... lazy about defense. #3 in today's hood, 118 defense, and a decent spread of troops, but... all one age down. Full 2nd level Cherry Blossom set... yum! #4, full current age troops, but only 30 defense. 4 TFs, 7 sleigh builders, and 4 goods buildings as backup. That one isn't plunderable yet, but I'm salivating.