• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Super Catanian

I think that this is not a lady. Its just some guy pretending to be one. Because a lady would not be putting her gender as the main reason to stop plundering
Have you seen the subreddit r/choosingbeggars? Loads of stories with people pulling off the gender card.

Jern2017

Bat S- Crazy... Almost want to ignore her cause her rants are so weird.

View attachment 12057

It is comforting that she used the lady card instead of cancer/sick/etc. It is a new one for me. I've not had the gender card pulled.

Another came in while making this post.
View attachment 12058 '

Oddly, she doesn't play on any other world, has like 30 HoFs and no good GBs.

Victorian Gothic poetry.

DeletedUser29404

I'm a prolific plunderer. I've had my Blue Badge for what seems like forever, in 2 worlds. I've 23K wins in K world; so let's guesstimate some 18K-20K plunders there; and in T I'm 10K wins, for approximately 7K-9K plunders.
I warn people both directly, and in my city description, that I will plunder them. I'm relentless. However, as I Age up, and the hoods are filled w players who have made bad decisions (tech tree racing, off cycle collections, etc.) I'm starting to feel differently about taking their stuff. Granted, if they leave fps laying around, those are mine. But if it's just some regular stuff, I'm tending now to just leave them be. Their entire value to me now, asides from tower points, is their GBs. I'm more concerned/vigilant about sniping the hoodies, or, just locking spots on their stuff, as my K world Arc is 85 now. So even 1.9 donations are productive, tho the fps are a wash on anything under 1000 invested.
When this discussion was raised in Big Bang, some guildies called it "stealing" which I resented. The mechanism is there for a reason, and I always play within the rules (unlike Septic in T world) and felt that my guildies were being to harsh. But since that discussion, I tend to see some of their point.
Which leads me to think that, perhaps, plundering of some low end hoodies city is effectively harming the future of FoE, as I see a number of mid level players abandoning their cities.

UBERhelp1

Guess you could call it a form of Social Darwinism. The stronger get stronger, the weak drop out and leave the game. This is actually a major problem in the game. In older worlds, there are much fewer active low-age players, so it can be hard to start a new world there and thus, players who start on those worlds are more likely to leave the game. It's probably the main reason new worlds are created every-so-often, to draw in new players and make them want to stay in the game.
That almost happened to me. Even most of the high-age players were rarely online, maybe once a week. That's why I only play on the most recent worlds.

But back to plundering, I have seen cities of 7 rogues and 1 other unit. Free points. And today I got a 30-good plunder, so not all is bad.

Jern2017

Got my level one Outlaw achievement in my diamond farm world.

I'm camped in the Iron Age, not working too hard on my offensive boost and rarely attack my neighbors unless it's required by a Daily Challenge or they send annoying messages with trades etc. It's certainly fun, though. Seeing so many neighbors with only two spearfighters or a one Rogue/Champion defense brings back some memories.

Attachments

• _20190318_004530.JPG
    _20190318_004530.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 25

Volodya

I...
When this discussion was raised in Big Bang, some guildies called it "stealing" which I resented. The mechanism is there for a reason, and I always play within the rules (unlike Septic in T world) and felt that my guildies were being to harsh. But since that discussion, I tend to see some of their point.
Which leads me to think that, perhaps, plundering of some low end hoodies city is effectively harming the future of FoE, as I see a number of mid level players abandoning their cities.
Just for the record, Inno themselves explicitly call plundering stealing in some of their welcome screen blurbs. They should know. Your change of heart is spot-on though.

Emberguard

Debateable. It only harms the game if those players weren't already looking to quit the game from simply struggling in general or lack of interest. Which if they can't afford to lose one thing every 24 hrs, either they were struggling to work out the game or they're way too attached to their stuff. Looking at other games that allow you to plunder and destroy entire cities this has never been a problem for those playerbases. The complaints are usually centred more along being beaten by those who spend money with no way to counter that with free play, not that they were beaten. Forge of empires on the other hand has collection times and building types as the main line of defence and this doesn't require money - just invested time into events and a understanding of the game.

Jern2017

Debateable. It only harms the game if those players weren't already looking to quit the game from simply struggling in general or lack of interest. Which if they can't afford to lose one thing every 24 hrs, either they were struggling to work out the game or they're way too attached to their stuff. Looking at other games that allow you to plunder and destroy entire cities this has never been a problem for those playerbases. The complaints are usually centred more along being beaten by those who spend money with no way to counter that with free play, not that they were beaten. Forge of empires on the other hand has collection times and building types as the main line of defence and this doesn't require money - just invested time into events and a understanding of the game.

There are other reasons why someone would quit the game, being plundered is just one reason among many. People who quit because they were being plundered usually have less developed cities with low FP/goods production, low level GBs... and they complain about the game and how unfair everything is because they find it harder and harder to play the game as they progress through the ages.

Super Catanian

There are other reasons why someone would quit the game, being plundered is just one reason among many. People who quit because they were being plundered usually have less developed cities with low FP/goods production, low level GBs... and they complain about the game and how unfair everything is because they find it harder and harder to play the game as they progress through the ages.
Or because they never collect on time, don’t bother to set up even a decent defense army, or rush through the ages, thus not taking the chance of savoring each age and being left with lower-age buildings.

Or maybe they hadn’t acquired the Raw Alabaster deposit in the C-Map. Can’t blame them then.

DeletedUser30312

Third week of the same neighborhood. My neighbors probably can't wait for the shuffle.

I can't wait for the shuffle. One thing I really hate about Inno's neighborhood based events is that they start the even a week after a shuffle, run it for about a month, and then end it more than a week before a shuffle. So freezing the hoods for a roughly 4 week event usually ends up with a hood that lasts 6 weeks. That's not good for players on either end of the plunder and I have experienced both ends. The guys getting hit will be mercilessly plundered by the same people for a month and a half which can get frustrating, while the plunderer gets bored with the current hood. Also, players go inactive and without a refresh the number of potential targets goes down.

A Maharaja Palace is the best plunder, of all, in my opinion. #FatAndJuicy

That's not an opinion, that's a well-known fact. ;)

DeletedUser37617

I love to plunder and do so almost daily, though right now I am looking forward to a change. It is interesting to me to see different reactions: some players actually put up a defense after being attacked daily for over a week and therefore get left alone by me; a few send me a friend request after a while which spares them as well (though one time I a player I was not plundering because they had a good defense sent me a friend request, and I thought that was interesting); by far the most people do absolutely nothing about me plundering them; but the last, (and the funniest to me!) is those who send me messages asking or ordering me to stop plundering them when they refuse to either friend me or to build up their defense! lol, I fail to see the logic there since I have it on my profile that if my neighbors don't want to be attacked they should friend me. Just this morning I got my third (or was it fourth?) message from someone I have been plundering (still me friend request or defense) saying the following:

'Please GO AWAY AND GET SOMETHING BETTER TO DO WITH YOURSELF'

(The all caps was exactly the way they sent it) lol, should I tell them that plundering is a great source of income and is therefore something very good to do with myself? LOL.

Super Catanian

should I tell them that plundering is a great source of income and is therefore something very good to do with myself?
You should tell them, "Alright, I'll steal from a different building next", or, a more helpful option, "Have you tried building a better defensive army?".

DeletedUser38090

Man, plundering has been fun, but I'm going to quit the habit by next hood rotation. I've changed my city to pump out all the IA goods I need, and I'm better off peddling those goods in exchange for FPs on my GBs for hoodies who need goods for building a lighthouse.

My city does look like I'm the most ravenous plunderer in the hood though:

KPgtLOw.png