• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser3789

Zues, CoA, and CdM are all over 10 and currently all on their way to 20. Once all there, I'll build and level HC and TA. Having not yet needed Traz, I figure HC's occasional Rogue payouts should help me push off Traz until later. I'll just keep leveling HS as needed for more happy and extra FPs.
HC is a god-sent

RazorbackPirate

Bah, I forgot to mention the Traz. Traz is also in the second tier of combat buildings after building the basics. Pretty much necessary for GvG, very useful for PvP. It may be overkill for GE depending on how many losses a player takes from fighting.
Once I had my goods production high enough to ensure GE 4 weekly, I was able to scoot by with 4 Rogue Hideouts with a diamond slot open in each. I've now built up a decent supply of unattached Rogues mostly from DC. As I've built and leveled the fight GBs, I've worked to become better at fighting, fighting my way up GE levels to continually increase my fight skills. I also work to limit Rogue losses to attached Rogues and eschew auto-battle for just this reason. The AI is too stupid, and I get better results fighting manually. Plus, fighting manually is more fun than pressing a button.

I now negotiate the easy encounters that offer less than 5 goods to choose from. They're super cheap on goods, 1 or 2 goods each, and I can solve them without a Tavern boost. This keeps my Rogues from getting dinged up to fight the harder encounters as I move up levels. I typically fight all but the last few encounters of level 4, at that point, I start losing unattached Rogues and stop fighting to preserve my supply. I've got tons of goods, negotiating the whole thing would still add thousands of goods per week to my inventory. Which I sometimes do when I'm pinched for time and can't fight manually.

HC and TA will ensure I can fight all of GE with minimal Rogue loss and even net a gain with Rogue winnings from HC. The extra supplies from HC means even more goods, just spin RQs, as needed. The time for Traz will come, but if I can hold off building that beast for a bit longer, I won't be mad.

DeletedUser40317

I had a few people change from two spearfighters to one horse. There must be a reason as a few of them have done it. If they are aware of how to set up a defensive army why just one horse?! I also have someone in the hood with one rogue o_O

Jern2017

I had a few people change from two spearfighters to one horse. There must be a reason as a few of them have done it. If they are aware of how to set up a defensive army why just one horse?! I also have someone in the hood with one rogue o_O

Some players do this to deny the attacker battle points. The Bronze Age Horseman will give the least amount of points.

Not a good idea in my opinion. Without a real defense, even the weakest of your neighbors can attack and defeat you, while having eight of your current age units in your defensive army, even without any defensive boosts, will act as a deterrent against players that are less developed, military wise.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, if you want to stiff someone on tower points, one single Horseman is the absolute worst you can do to them.

Just be warned, it's a terrible strategy to use against me. I'd ruthlessly pound a city that does that just for insulting me like that.

DeletedUser40317

Seels
Yeah, if you want to stiff someone on tower points, one single Horseman is the absolute worst you can do to them.

Just be warned, it's a terrible strategy to use against me. I'd ruthlessly pound a city that does that just for insulting me like that.
super stupid! So you leave your city more vulnerable just to mess with someone. Funny thing is I’ve never even looked st the towers to see where I place. Lol. I’m getting thousands of medals from taking rank on higher level arcs. Why would I care about the 25 medals or whatever. It would take forever and a day for those medals to add up to an expansion! Lmao

DeletedUser40317

It is amusing how bent out of shape some people apparently get. I’m like hit me back! Let’s have some fun with it. Guess not

DeletedUser

I'll just set out some plunder bait for you (gotta love it when some mocho jackarse takes a 5 minute TF production ;-)
Yeah, this just makes me laugh. How long do you leave that "plunder bait" sitting there? All that time that big hole in your city is unproductive for you. And the plunderer still gets battle points and the fruits of that 5 minute production. That 5 minute production, by the way, is more than he would get by aiding you. 30 tiles wasted for however long it takes. Good plan.