• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser30312

Been a while since I got some high-octane hate mail, but this is a sweet one. Especially the political conspiracy theory gives it something extra for me.

View attachment 13758 View attachment 13759
View attachment 13760
View attachment 13761

Well, that was literate. If he wanted to show his Catholic pride with a GB he could have gone with a CoA...or a SMB...or even the FoD. Notre Dame, lol. If he's talking about the recent fire, that was a renovation accident.

On my diamond farm world (IA), these two neighbors have been trying to breach my defenses daily. They start the battle, take some damage and retreat. I have two EMA Heavy Infantry in my defense and only a couple of Watchfires that I use for space fillers, but the two neighbors have no attack boosts.

I don't attack here unless a quest requires me to as it's too time consuming, but I hit these two back each time just for fun. One has a mix of BA and IA units and the other the default two Spearfighter defense, my level 11 Zeus makes short work of it. They don't seem to learn, though. It's a fun little game we're playing and I'll miss them after the neighborhood shuffles.

So typical. The noobs that repeatedly fight and lose, and a Spearfighter defense on top of it. I've lost count of the neighbors like that I get.

DeletedUser32328

Well, that was literate. If he wanted to show his Catholic pride with a GB he could have gone with a CoA...or a SMB...or even the FoD. Notre Dame, lol. If he's talking about the recent fire, that was a renovation accident.
To be pedantic: FoD is Lutheran ;)

Jern2017

To be pedantic, since he's Serbian, he's probably Orthodox. The SBC would be the best GB to show his pride, not to mention it would help him with city defense, heh.

Edit: just noticed he said he's Catholic. But his English seems poor, so maybe he just meant he's Christian.

RazorbackPirate

I am sure he's Catholic. I agree with @Algona, he probably knows which Christian tribe he belongs to. I also appears he doesn't believe the ND fire was a 'renovation accident', especially in light of the high number of church torchings throughout France. So, instead of coming here to ask Inno for an empty gesture to 'honor' ND like give us stuff, he just quietly built ND in his city. Having settled that bit,

His reaction and rant was funny. I bet he talks that way when he's just hanging out with his friends. You think such and such football team is good and he doesn't, just reread his post, edit to fit. Lol.

Jern2017

Did you really just say that the person describing their pwn religion got it wrong instead of just admitting your mistake? Or just deleting your post?

Isn't that trying too hard to win t3h intarw3b?

Why would I delete it? I did say I was mistaken.

I live in Slovenia, it's a five hour drive to Serbia from where I live. Most of the Serbians I know are Orthodox. It's not the first time I've heard someone refer to the Christian religion simply as Catholicism in English. I got some half-hate mail from a Greek player a while ago, we started talking and he said he was Catholic, but when I told him that's interesting as most Greeks I know are Orthodox, he corrected himself, saying that he was trying to tell me he's Christian. I didn't try to "win" anything, I corrected myself and at the same time, though of another explanation based on some of my previous experience.

ODragon

Had a fun interaction with one of my neighbors. They are as much fun to post here as the ranters...

I plundered her TF for 5 FP (actually 10 thanks to Atlantis).
P1.jpg

She came back at me the next night and plundered a FP from my Rosarium. So I sent her a message back and we chatted.

P2.jpg

Very nice person who I will still plunder and she will still plunder me and we're both having fun doing it!

Algona

I live in Slovenia, it's a five hour drive to Serbia from where I live. Most of the Serbians I know are Orthodox. It's not the first time I've heard someone refer to the Christian religion simply as Catholicism in English. I got some half-hate mail from a Greek player a while ago, we started talking and he said he was Catholic, but when I told him that's interesting as most Greeks I know are Orthodox, he corrected himself, saying that he was trying to tell me he's Christian. I didn't try to "win" anything, I corrected myself and at the same time, though of another explanation based on some of my previous experience.

You're right. An arrogant faux pas of such magnitude should be preserved for the ages.

Justifying assuming others make mistakes because a third party made a mistake? Yeah. You should save that, too.

Super Catanian

Had a fun interaction with one of my neighbors. They are as much fun to post here as the ranters...

View attachment 13769

She came back at me the next night and plundered a FP from my Rosarium. So I sent her a message back and we chatted.

View attachment 13770

Very nice person who I will still plunder and she will still plunder me and we're both having fun doing it!
Maybe I should start doing that. Usually, if I get plundered (rarely), I remain silent. There was one particularily fun interaction once.

Jern2017

You're right. An arrogant faux pas of such magnitude should be preserved for the ages.

Justifying assuming others make mistakes because a third party made a mistake? Yeah. You should save that, too.

I'm never in the mood to argue. You're a very knowledgeable player and I usually enjoy reading your advice or insight. Keep it up and happy forging!

- KQ -

Religion and Politics are the two things I like least to discuss on the internet, but....

The Eastern Orthodox Church and the rest of the Orthodox Churches, as well as the Anglican Churches are Catholic. They broke away from the Church of Rome, so they're no longer "Catholic" in the sense that most of the world thinks of Catholic, which to be more accurate would be "Roman Catholic".

Via Wikipedia, this covers which churches consider themselves to be "Catholic" and why. As an aside, if you belong to any of these denominations you'll feel right at home with the services in another of them. They use a lot of the same liturgy.

"The term has been incorporated into the name of the largest Christian communion, the Catholic Church (also called the Roman Catholic Church). All of the three main branches of Christianity in the East (Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodox Church and Church of the East) had always identified themselves as Catholic in accordance with Apostolic traditions and the Nicene Creed. Anglicans, Lutherans, and some Methodists also believe that their churches are "Catholic" in the sense that they too are in continuity with the original universal church founded by the Apostles. However, each church defines the scope of the "Catholic Church" differently. For instance, the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox churches, and Church of the East, each maintain that their own denomination is identical with the original universal church, from which all other denominations broke away.

Distinguishing beliefs of Catholicity, the beliefs of most Christians who call themselves "Catholic", include the episcopal polity, that bishops are considered the highest order of ministers within the Christian religion,[10] as well as the Nicene Creed of AD 381. In particular, along with unity, sanctity, and apostolicity, catholicity is considered one of Four Marks of the Church,[11] found the line of the Nicene Creed: "I believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church.""

Emberguard

On my diamond farm world (IA), these two neighbors have been trying to breach my defenses daily. They start the battle, take some damage and retreat. I have two EMA Heavy Infantry in my defense and only a couple of Watchfires that I use for space fillers, but the two neighbors have no attack boosts.

I don't attack here unless a quest requires me to as it's too time consuming, but I hit these two back each time just for fun. One has a mix of BA and IA units and the other the default two Spearfighter defense, my level 11 Zeus makes short work of it. They don't seem to learn, though. It's a fun little game we're playing and I'll miss them after the neighborhood shuffles.
When I was brand new in Bronze Age there was only one player I couldn’t breach the defence of and I made it a personal goal to keep trying until I could beat it :D hood changed just as I was getting closer to my goal :( I was having such fun losing too. It was the only challenge in the hood

Emberguard

View attachment 13769

View attachment 13770

!

I wish all players were that gracious about losing. If they were they’d not only enjoy it a lot more, but they’d actually give themselves a chance to learn the game instead of blocking themselves with crying about it