• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Salsuero

The more you play this game, the greater is your responsibility towards new players.

While I appreciate your satirical approach... my responsibility is to no one but myself and to a secondary extent, my guild. We don't invite new players to join us. I therefore reject this sentence solely on principle out of context, but not in terms of the subsequent satire of the full context.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I never seem to get plunder complaints, but I just got my second one in a couple of weeks where the person is complaining that I'm "hogging the medals" in the PvP tower! This is in my Iron Age city where I'm currently sitting at 500k tower points, and second is sitting at 15k. Like I even normally check that tower, little alone care about medals. :rolleyes:

The Lady Redneck

While I appreciate your satirical approach... my responsibility is to no one but myself and to a secondary extent, my guild. We don't invite new players to join us. I therefore reject this sentence solely on principle out of context, but not in terms of the subsequent satire of the full context.

Yes my last post was satirical. But underneath it there is {from my outlook on the game} a deal of truth. This is a social game. How social is up to the individual. You say your responsibility is to no one but yourself and your guild 2nd. That is fine, I have no quarrel with how you view and play the game. But I LIKE helping noobs find their feet. It is part of the fun for me. If a noob in BA or IA sends me a FR. I will look at their tavern and send a message telling them to first get a tablecloth and why. Almost every time they will come back with a thank you saying they did not know. So I tell them to go check out everything else they can do with their Tavern. And also have a look round the other game features. That starts more questions when they realise just how much there is to the game. How to get friends? how to find a good guild? How do I get a GB? When should I move up an age? I do not do this out of the good of my heart. but because I know that the ones who do get into the game are likely to remain friends and will in time donate to my GBs, Take my trades and be regular polivaters. Some climb fast enough to pass me and then become a good source of goods, BPs etc.. And I have made friends plundering also. As they want to know how the heck I managed to beat their DA. Have also made enemies as well LOL. To me that kind of "responsibility" is all part of the game.

Salsuero

I LIKE helping noobs find their feet.

Totally fine. But you suggested that this was our job... as a collective... not just yours. ;) That's where I disagree. If you like doing so, that's entirely up to you... but when you say "it's your responsibility" -- that implies you're talking to me, among the rest, and that's where I felt like jumping in to speak for myself instead of having you speak for me. :) That's not to say I'm not going to answer questions or toss a few bytes of knowledge at them if someone asks or somehow it makes sense to offer it unsolicited. But I've also had noobs complain that they're not asking for help, advice, etc. That does happen. However, I'm not their mentor. If they want to learn how to play the game, that's their responsibility. And if they don't interrogate me to the point of irritation, I'll usually answer to the best of my ability. The only point I was making was that it's not my responsibility to do so. It's simply my prerogative, as it is yours.

I do not do this out of the good of my heart. but because I know that the ones who do get into the game are likely to...

Fair enough and not a bad reason to do so. Your game is yours to play. I think you're probably right. Although, a lot of my effort has been wasted on giving knowledge and advice to folks who just can't figure it out as well as folks who quickly get bored and quit. So... it's still kind of a guessing game.

Have also made enemies as well

Yup. Have even trained future enemies. That's even more ugh.

To me that kind of "responsibility" is all part of the game.

That's cool. But that's really a personal choice, and not one that should be implied as part of everyone's game. That's all I was saying. As long as you're having fun!

DeletedUser30312

I never seem to get plunder complaints, but I just got my second one in a couple of weeks where the person is complaining that I'm "hogging the medals" in the PvP tower! This is in my Iron Age city where I'm currently sitting at 500k tower points, and second is sitting at 15k. Like I even normally check that tower, little alone care about medals. :rolleyes:

Wow, if the person sending you that complaint is the #2, he's losing 10 medals a week!!!!!! Unbelievable! A significant loss that will never be made up elsewhere in the game due to your avaricious desire for medals! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Algona

What a surreal experience today.

I don't normally plunder anymore but after the last hood change some yutz sent out a trade spam to Friends and Hood. I asked nicely in PM for them to leave me off the list. No bueno. Next day another trade spam, attack, 2 spear defence, plunder. The next day another spam and another person (another lousy defence) added more trades. Attack and plunder both,

More days more trade spams, more plunders, start leaving messages in the trade spams that the three people (did I mention a third joined the spamfest?) had crappy defences.

Today some fourth person berates me for saying the spammers had crappy defences and were easy plunders.. Sweet innocent me? Y'all know what a nice guy I am, so of course I PM him and tell him why I don't like trade spammers.

Guy gets all up in my grill and then puts me on ignore. Sp I message again (there are ways). All pretty mundane so far, just two middle aged adolescents exchanging pleasantries. Then it gets so flipping weird.

Guy says 'any time u want it do come' and gives me a name and home town. Who does that?

Gotta be pulling my leg, right? I look him up and whaddya know, there is such a person in that town. I make a snide comment about his somewhat unkempt appearance and his response confirms its the person I looked up.

Jeez, I used to think you had to be somewhat intelligent to play this game, but this guy sets a new low bar for that...

Anyway the plundering will continue until the hood rotates, and now I got a new bestest penpal buddy.

Plundering. The gift that keeps on giving.

DeletedUser31397

What a surreal experience today.

I don't normally plunder anymore but after the last hood change some yutz sent out a trade spam to Friends and Hood. I asked nicely in PM for them to leave me off the list. No bueno. Next day another trade spam, attack, 2 spear defence, plunder. The next day another spam and another person (another lousy defence) added more trades. Attack and plunder both,

Plundering. The gift that keeps on giving.

This is easily the best plunder story I have ever heard!

DeletedUser

Usually when someone from the hood spams a GB to the entire hood, I drop all my GBs in the message then leave.
I like the idea, might try it. Although in some recent hoods I'd probably need to add: get the point? Of course, in those hoods I might get a lot of donations, so all good :D
Inspirational! I just went to one of my cities where I had just gotten a spam message for someone's Arc. Attached all my GBs to it and then posted this: "I don't send spam messages, but I'm happy to hijack yours."
:cool:

Algona

Usually when someone from the hood spams a GB to the entire hood, I drop all my GBs in the message then leave.
Inspirational! I just went to one of my cities where I had just gotten a spam message for someone's Arc. Attached all my GBs to it and then posted this: "I don't send spam messages, but I'm happy to hijack yours."
:cool:

fJawesome. A new weapon against spammers. Many thanks to you both!

Spammers. Not just a source of plunder targets... :D