Plunder progress

Discussion in 'Forge Hall' started by snake11s, May 8, 2017.

1. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

I think I've seen it described as stealing by Inno in various places

Plunder defined typically has the element of stealing or robbing in it but usually combined with war.

Can't say they didn't warn people though;
    did you know 1 - Copy.PNG

edit: Ah yes, here we go, I knew I've seen it refereed to as stealing but since I never attack I forgot where I saw it;

stealing.PNG

edit: and I have gotten the tip now as well;

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Inno does call it stealing. One of the startup game tips, and some other obscure places that don;t vome to mind.

EDIT: Sarnathed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    Volodya likes this.
  3. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

Sloppyjoeslayer beat you to it. Nice of all my friends to jump on the one time that I'm wrong. :D

sloppyjoeslayer likes this.
  4. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

If you are wrong about being wrong only one time should I point it out?

5. Volodya

Volodya Member

I actually do know the English language and I can distinguish between the words "plundering": and "stealing." I absolutely guarantee you that on one of their "Did you know" welcome screens, Inno describes the act in question as stealing.

Edit: Thanks to those who pointed this out more quickly than I could.

6. Volodya

Volodya Member

How exactly am I stopping you from plundering in peace? It's part of the game, albeit not a part I personally indulge in. Have at it. I just think it's amusing that thieves get all offended when the word "stealing" is used. Poor misunderstood thieves. It's true, I don't much like plundering myself. It happened to me once, about a year and a half ago, so I took steps to prevent a recurrence. If you're ever in East-Nagach, do drop by and give my +636 defense a whirl.

Lauramiller likes this.
  7. sloppyjoeslayer

Someone's gotta but yes think I say one of those "Did you know" tips say "steal" as well, I'll be sure to update if I come across with it and a nice big screenshot with you next to it lol.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  8. Stephen Longshanks

Now I know how the running back feels at the bottom of one of those piles. :eek:

Algona, Volodya and sloppyjoeslayer like this.
  9. sloppyjoeslayer

Good for building humility as a virtue. You will survive this a better man for it!:)

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  10. ardak kumerin

ardak kumerin Well-Known Member

It's Stealing Guys.
    Stealing.
    Robbing.
    Being a Thief.

161dbefffcaa76f4616addc6d1744ac9.png

If you Plunder.

68d7c754c04810291ad6540c476574b7.png

You are a thief and you steal from other players to survive.

11. Stephen Longshanks

Not at all. I do it for fun. Mainly because so many victims cry rather than try to do something constructive about it. In my new city on Noarsil, I have plundered the entire neighborhood daily for at least a week, and only 2 out of 85 players have switched from the 2 Spear defense. It's like they want to be plundered. :D

snake11s, Orius Maximus and alkayman like this.
  12. Lord Muggle

Lord Muggle Active Member

The above texts are courtesty of Aardark and have been edited by Lord Muggle to emphesive points.
    I'm highly offended, Monsieur Aardark. Plundering is for gentleman. I seem to remember a certain Aardak person saying something like "off-premise production facilities. Which is what it is. Plundering is collection of your off-premise production facilities and many fine plunderers practice this fine art. I'd hardly say it's stealing!
    In fact, I call plundering "off-premises production facilities collection.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  13. ardak kumerin

Power like this can not be trusted.

Evil Plunderers dream come true.png

In the hands of an Evil Plunderer.

14. icarusethan

icarusethan New Member

Why would anyone care about these ‘justice representatives' bs... i just keep plundering no matter how ;)[​IMG][​IMG]

15. ardak kumerin

i-love-being-neutral-evil_o_4121111.jpg

Orius Maximus likes this.
  16. Lord Muggle

Lord Muggle Active Member

Why don't you plunder Ardak? WIth so much power.... But you are the Great Paladin Aardark. Still.... what does "honest" mean? In a predominantly war game?

snake11s and ardak kumerin like this.
  17. ardak kumerin

172aeca5c6c3e773b5242f47bb8df1e6.png

You answered your own question.

18. ardak kumerin

hoenst.png

Lord Muggle likes this.
  19. Stephen Longshanks

I just realized that in the thread, "Evil Plunderers Repent Here", I actually referred to it as theft. LOL

20. alkayman

alkayman Active Member

Call it what you wish: I call it collecting my hood tax. See, as far as I am concerned, anyone in my hood is my "enemy". Not all are the same, because some have earned my respect. I even advise them on how to better defend themselves. But I belong to a specific Guild: and unless a Guild member, Ally or friend is in my hood I am at war with them. In war, to the victor goes the spoils. And as far as I am concerned, the spoils is the tax I collect every time I kick someones troops in the teeth, leave them bleeding on the "field of battle", and take the tribute that is due me. Now you may not do this, Volodya: it is your preference. Just like there are some others here who will not. And I look at it this way: if you don't tax your hood, then I will do it for you. And get even better things because your not doing it. And this, in turm has helped my Guild more then if I cluttered my town with goods and supply buildings. My town is cluttered with GB's for war. And I love it that way.

I say thank you as well, High Lord Paladin Ardak: in the form of a funny icon hanging over the taxed building.

When I used to play D&D (back when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) my characters were always Chaotic Neutral. I think in this game it still fits me well:

Screenshot (225).png