• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser

A tip to irritate potential plunderers:

One Bronze age Horseman in defense gives even lower points (96) than two Spearfighters (216). I believe a one Horseman defense is the lowest possible score they could get.
That will only irritate some PvP attackers. Plunderers will laugh at it. It will not irritate all PvP attackers, because it makes it possible for players like me to get free medals from lower era towers. :cool:

Algona

Another tip to irritate potential plunderers:

Make available only a 4 hour production of a Bronze age good that you don't have a boost for. So they would potentially get only a quantity of 1 of Marble, Dye, etc.

The good could never be motivated either, so it will always be available to plunder.

PvPers who enjoy attacking will attack you no matter what because we're attacking everyone. Why waste time tracking who has what defense or are plunderabe? Except the guys who are giving away stuff by running crappy defenses They get noted for return visits until the city is shuffled away.

Plunderers who understand their own motivations realize they are plundering for some combination of the fun of fighting, getting loot, advancing their game state while slowing yours, and the sadistic infliction of emotional pain.

You're two suggestions combined reward a plunderer in every way possible. I fought your cruddy defense; I scored easy lower Era tower points and picked up something; I've advanced my game state and you've done more damage to yourself though the fear of being plundered then I ever could to slow your advancement; and I get the perverse joy of knowing that you're bothered so much by being attacked and plundered that you waste city prodcution and as an added bonus that you'll see that it didn't do you a bit of good because I'm coming back again tomorrow.

Although it does bring up the sadist's dilemna, encountering a masochist.

Anyway, you don't irritate plunderers, but you do give us satisfaction and a good laugh.

You know why we laugh? These forums are strewn with posts by plunderers telling players how to avoid being plundered and so many ignore that advice.

DeletedUser26120

Dursland...
What do you think about a city that bristles with watch fires and big defense?
I won't lie, anything over 180% in same age army gives me problems. I have a limited number of attached rogues and need them for GE3/GE4 as well, so I can only go after those types of cities a few times a week as opposed to daily.

The highest I've seen was around 266% and I can beat it with loss of 1 or 2 attached rogues.

Once my unattched rogue count gets to 300+ it won't matter though. I'll be able to afford the losses on a daily basis. Around 130 atm.

I'm not sure what it would take to completely stop me altogether, I even go after higher age armies and win. Probably at least 500% for same age and 250% for higher age.

DeletedUser26965

I won't lie, anything over 180% in same age army gives me problems. I have a limited number of attached rogues and need them for GE3/GE4 as well, so I can only go after those types of cities a few times a week as opposed to daily.

The highest I've seen was around 266% and I can beat it with loss of 1 or 2 attached rogues.

Once my unattched rogue count gets to 300+ it won't matter though. I'll be able to afford the losses on a daily basis. Around 130 atm.

I'm not sure what it would take to completely stop me altogether, I even go after higher age armies and win. Probably at least 500% for same age and 250% for higher age.
Just illustrates the absurdity of the Rouge attack/City Defense AI problem.

Gratz all you plunderers, you beat a stupid AI:rolleyes:

DeletedUser24787

Just illustrates the absurdity of the Rouge attack/City Defense AI problem.

Gratz all you plunderers, you beat a stupid AI:rolleyes:
Stupid ai yes but some players take the time to increase the bite of their defending dogs or add more shell to their turtle defenders ardak has shown he has put effort in defending his city pretty sure he is left alone or maybe its just his good nature that has ppl avoid attacking him not the constant blaze of fire in his city .With a good city defense boost both on attack and defense some ppl avoid a tough opponent to simply speed thru the rest of those in the hood with a auto attack to loot them manual fighting is a bit more time consuming but a active plunderer wont mind it would be a challenge.I have noticed those more established tend to fight back and not whine this makes it entertaining to have a back and forth battle with them while they remain in the hood. The ones not set up are usually the whinny ones.

DeletedUser26965

Stupid ai yes but some players take the time to increase the bite of their defending dogs or add more shell to their turtle defenders ardak has shown he has put effort in defending his city pretty sure he is left alone or maybe its just his good nature that has ppl avoid attacking him not the constant blaze of fire in his city .With a good city defense boost both on attack and defense some ppl avoid a tough opponent to simply speed thru the rest of those in the hood with a auto attack to loot them manual fighting is a bit more time consuming but a active plunderer wont mind it would be a challenge.I have noticed those more established tend to fight back and not whine this makes it entertaining to have a back and forth battle with them while they remain in the hood. The ones not set up are usually the whinny ones.
It's not just the stupid AI, it's the stupid AI relative to Rogues, that's why everyone uses them to fight PvP, it's a well known problem that if you need 100 Watchfires before it starts making a dent is a problem gamewise, you don't have to be a whiner to complain about that, I'm all for PvP, I say expand it, make it better and more exciting.

DeletedUser24787

I'm all for PvP, I say expand it, make it better and more exciting.
what sort of suggestions or concepts do you have in mind this is a interesting topic maybe we could discuss this on a different thread i do enjoy reading what you post hell i still refer ppl to your thread about being plundered for suggestions to do damage control. I was bored for a while just plundering the hood but then i got the Atlantis GB and I got a jump start to plundering again, but this is far from pvp this is pve (essentially). Actual pvp might be beyond the current code they use (but what do i know i just make a assumption based on my limited knowledge on how things might work with this game ) . There has been no real improvements to gvg any idea for change it usually gets shot down. The closest thing we have to pvp is combat on a leader board based on participation. Having a arena like the friends tavern where you can enter and submit a challenge to any contender in your age would be a idea but its a pipe dream to have real time combat given server issues that some face (no names will be used but you know who you are lol).almost any form of Pvp we might have is against bots (a.i) it should be relabeled Pve .But i still like to loot others i have the same dumb ai they have i just choose to upgrade them , its a choice to do so.

DeletedUser26965

what sort of suggestions or concepts do you have in mind this is a interesting topic maybe we could discuss this on a different thread i do enjoy reading what you post hell i still refer ppl to your thread about being plundered for suggestions to do damage control. I was bored for a while just plundering the hood but then i got the Atlantis GB and I got a jump start to plundering again, but this is far from pvp this is pve (essentially). Actual pvp might be beyond the current code they use (but what do i know i just make a assumption based on my limited knowledge on how things might work with this game ) . There has been no real improvements to gvg any idea for change it usually gets shot down. The closest thing we have to pvp is combat on a leader board based on participation. Having a arena like the friends tavern where you can enter and submit a challenge to any contender in your age would be a idea but its a pipe dream to have real time combat given server issues that some face (no names will be used but you know who you are lol).almost any form of Pvp we might have is against bots (a.i) it should be relabeled Pve .But i still like to loot others i have the same dumb ai they have i just choose to upgrade them , its a choice to do so.
Revamp PvP
Revamp GvG

DeletedUser26120

lol that's my motto too. I'm a few away from gold, I think 1498/1500.

I plunder a ton so anybody ahead of me at this point is really doing an amazing job.