• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser29563

Two things I feel like leaving here.
1) I love to attack, and wait 23.9 hours to plunder, that way I can attack and plunder again right after. When they get back to their city and I've hit them twice in one day they freak out.

2) When I've hit someone relentlessly I put 1 FP on a building or two so they don't forget me. Sometimes they flip it without pushing me off so I even get rewards! (made more than I've lost doing this)
That's actually a pretty good idea...

DeletedUser32389

Double dip plunders are always fun, but I don't go out of my way to do it.
This is a good point, and you know it only happens when someone has 48 hour goods production. (that's why I didn't take 'em yesterday) How sweet those 40 free goods :)

DeletedUser29295

Two things I feel like leaving here.
1) I love to attack, and wait 23.9 hours to plunder, that way I can attack and plunder again right after. When they get back to their city and I've hit them twice in one day they freak out.

2) When I've hit someone relentlessly I put 1 FP on a building or two so they don't forget me. Sometimes they flip it without pushing me off so I even get rewards! (made more than I've lost doing this)

1) There are 6 in my hood I can do the 24 hour attack on: 2 of them I get 2 Colonial Palaces, and 2 others I get 5Fp Terrace Farms. They have not changed their collection times in ages (they have been in my hood before).

2) The day before the hood rotates I always go through and place 1-2 FP on GB's of people in my hood on GB's that could be good for rewards. I get some good mails about that as well. One guy STILL, after 5 months, has not leveled his Traz to 4 because I sniped the top spot.

DeletedUser29563

I have gotten this over the last few days: almost makes me sad. These are her GB's, and her PM's to me.

View attachment 8973 View attachment 8974 View attachment 8975

She has won almost 1,300 battles, but defends but defends her city with 2 spearchuckers. Ranked #4 in my hood. Always good for 20-30 Coke or 20-30 Fert (sometimes doubled). And she wonders why I will not stop attacking her.
Hey..at least you were polite to her. And I applaude you for that.

DeletedUser31592

I keep getting battle quests for the DC in one city, so I've been PvPing and actually plundering if I find goods. (I usually don't plunder.) Since this city is IA, they are mostly newbies producing unboosted goods. *sigh*
I've noticed a lot of Winter set pieces popping up. But they either only have one (making it worthless), or they aren't putting them next to each other!

DeletedUser31882

I keep getting battle quests for the DC in one city, so I've been PvPing and actually plundering if I find goods. (I usually don't plunder.) Since this city is IA, they are mostly newbies producing unboosted goods. *sigh*
I've noticed a lot of Winter set pieces popping up. But they either only have one (making it worthless), or they aren't putting them next to each other!

My current hood, EMA, has a bunch of people with unboosted goods. The BA/IA goods I can understand (probably tech rushers), but the ones with unboosted EMA, IA AND BA just boggles me.

This week I have a few hoodies running supply decoy cider mills. I hope they were happy the first time, but I am fine taking their boosted EMA goods the rest of my 8-12 visits.

This week I've experienced my first consistent 'retaliate plunderers'. I'm lax on my sleepy time 8-hour good collection window, so they have milked me for a bit of granite. However, I find the 1 FP, from their Rosarium, to be an okay trade for my granite. Plus, I get plenty of plunder to replace the granite lost. Good times.

DeletedUser29563

Well...I'm assuming the hoods will shuffle in the morning. This hood has been the most rewarding in have had in a long while (B world).
I have averaged 9.2 fp a day from plundering the many palace sets available. Hit a few T farms..but all were set to supply productions. Anyway...I hate to see this hood go.
As a side note...in the last two weeks. Nobody even attempted to counter attack. Not one! Two hoodies sent friends requests. One or two started putting FP on my Arc after several attacks. But no one hit back. Crazy...

DeletedUser31882

Well...I'm assuming the hoods will shuffle in the morning. This hood has been the most rewarding in have had in a long while (B world).
I have averaged 9.2 fp a day from plundering the many palace sets available. Hit a few T farms..but all were set to supply productions. Anyway...I hate to see this hood go.
As a side note...in the last two weeks. Nobody even attempted to counter attack. Not one! Two hoodies sent friends requests. One or two started putting FP on my Arc after several attacks. But no one hit back. Crazy...

From my observations in this thread, other places in the forum and my general gaming observations, I find it fascinating the many ways people react to optional 'attack' mechanics.

As a newbie, I was astounded at how easy it was to plunder. Later, I grappled with guilt after my first handful of 24/48 good hits. Derived team touchdown level joy through my first palace busts. I even experienced fear & anxiety in anticipation of running into people who would plunder me, especially after setting down a Terrace Farm. Now, I muse on how my normalizing of stealing other's goods may effect how I view fiscal policy and ideology in real life. I'm only half the equation of the attack mechanic.

The Plundered? Anecdotally, the majority appears to be silent, but I've had one hoodie turned friend share that there was a band of people discussing how to get/hit me back. After the unknown silence, it's a toss-up between friend requests & anger mail (I have yet to get any hate mail; threatening, sarcastic & complain/whine has been my spectrum). My favorite has been the 'threat' mail that if I did not stop plundering, they would 'shut everything down' and all I would get would be gold/supply. Hoodie-421 did follow through on their threat, to their credit, but the hubris of their action still makes me smirk. I took their gold until they uprooted their houses. I honestly hope they found pleasure in 'denying' the plunder, if they fancied themselves a Robin Hood. Sadly, my cynical mind leads me to believe the joy's source was not misguided nobility, but sadism.

Anywho, that's enough of a screed. I suppose there are a handful of reasons why people didn't hit you back, but I agree it's strange that more people in Forge of Empires don't strike back.

It also sounds like I inherited your luck in this hood cycle. Two days in and I've popped a palace, a T.farm, a few cider mills & and handful of misc. 1FP generators. I also pulled a 100fp relic in the first 8 GE encounters. Here's hoping RNG continues to shine on me. If not, I hope it jumps to some y'all. Happy Plundering & Merry Holidays.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31505

I've only begun the raid and plunder (i chose not to start plundering until EMA, i recently jumped to HMA just before the Hood switch) and well..my neighbors are a little...ill prepared.

the bottom 20 people are using bronze age troops to defend, and the most advanced goods they have are EMA, and typically only one building, some of them are producing 5 goods on a what i can only assume are 24 hour cycles, so they dont even have the goods deposit...my neighborhood is a plunderers dream, if said plunderer gets the majority of their pleasure form simply plundering and not the goods they get.

its almost funny. No wait...its very funny.

DeletedUser30312

She has won almost 1,300 battles, but defends but defends her city with 2 spearchuckers. Ranked #4 in my hood. Always good for 20-30 Coke or 20-30 Fert (sometimes doubled). And she wonders why I will not stop attacking her.

She should know better by now.

Mostly fresh hood for me this time, lots of new people I've never seen before. I'm at #5, so still getting placed near the top of the pack with every shuffle. I eagerly await the day I'm #1 in a new hood where I can ruthlessly demonstrate why I'm at #1.

Also hit a new milestone last week:

score.jpg

One million points! I got over the mark not by fighting, but by building a GB. However, that GB was the AO, so it's something else to make misery for my neighbors. Next up: Atlantis Museum and Kraken.

DeletedUser29295

One million points! I got over the mark not by fighting, but by building a GB. However, that GB was the AO, so it's something else to make misery for my neighbors. Next up: Atlantis Museum and Kraken.

WTG!!! And you will love both Atlantis and Kraken: mine are level 10 and 12 (because I want to focus on my Arc for a while). I also have a level 8 Voyager and level 10 Traz. My CdM and Zeus are 10, my CoA and AO at 9. I am staying in Industrial for a while now, working on mostly my own stuff. In my Guild, I am one of the few that have deals worked out for FP trades with advanced players. So often I aquire goods for highewr Era GB's for players in my Guild. I also will help some of my friends with them. But I told everyone that after the New Year I will not be doing that for the month of Jan unless it is an amazing deal, because I want my Arc to grow (it is 19 right now) and to raise up all my GB's to at least level 10.

DeletedUser32328

A lot of risk-adverse people out there. When I see how many retreat immediately, with a match-up that would make it a challenge but by no means impossible or surrender from a winnable position, then I guess it's not surprising that very few even try.

DeletedUser32328

Yesterday, I took a Western Palace Tower giving me bronze age goods. In an LMA hood. So that's from BA to LMA in less than six months (at most) o_O

DeletedUser30312

WTG!!! And you will love both Atlantis and Kraken: mine are level 10 and 12 (because I want to focus on my Arc for a while). I also have a level 8 Voyager and level 10 Traz. My CdM and Zeus are 10, my CoA and AO at 9. I am staying in Industrial for a while now, working on mostly my own stuff. In my Guild, I am one of the few that have deals worked out for FP trades with advanced players. So often I aquire goods for highewr Era GB's for players in my Guild. I also will help some of my friends with them. But I told everyone that after the New Year I will not be doing that for the month of Jan unless it is an amazing deal, because I want my Arc to grow (it is 19 right now) and to raise up all my GB's to at least level 10.

I've got similar plans. I want to get my three attack buildings raised to level 10 before I hit Indy, they're currently 8/7/6. After that, I'll focus on the Traz and AO, the Traz increases unit output annoyingly slow at lower levels while the AO is best served by having a nice high attack). I've been trading up my surplus goods to stockpile PE and PME goods to trade for FPs. I have some tentative plans for eventual FP trades with advanced players, but before that I want to finish collecting BPs for the GBs I still want to build in the future; in addition to the Atlantis and Kraken, I want to get prints for the Inno, RFP and Seed Vault. Those sets are mostly finished, just need 1 print on the AF buildings, and I think 3 on the Inno (my guild and friend list had somthing of a gap WRT to CE and TE players for a while so I wasn't getting many of those BPs). Those are less critical to my plans so I'll build them as new ages and more medals make more expansions available to me.

A lot of risk-adverse people out there. When I see how many retreat immediately, with a match-up that would make it a challenge but by no means impossible or surrender from a winnable position, then I guess it's not surprising that very few even try.

I think some of them are just poking around for weak defenses they can penetrate with minimal losses.

Yesterday, I took a Western Palace Tower giving me bronze age goods. In an LMA hood. So that's from BA to LMA in less than six months (at most) o_O

I've hit underleveled set pieces from time to time, I try to watch out for ones that are more than 2 or 3 ages back, but sometimes I see the lightning bolt and just grab. My long term plan is to keep set pieces and a few other event buildings that make goods one age behind my city to provide extra goods for the GE. However, pieces that give happiness or flat boosts that don't increase with age IMO don't need to be leveled. Special buildings and such that give boosts only really need to be leveled when the bonus increases as well.

DeletedUser17543

Seems the plunder part of the game is a frequent form of complaints and proposals to change the system. I am sure there are many others like me who are satisfied with the current system. Please post your progress and reasoning for why and what you plunder. If you don't plunder please don't add to the thread. There are many other threads started that you can add your complaints and criticism to.
View attachment 4158
  • If a neighbor aids, I aid back. No help from them means they are open game to attack/plunder.
  • I look for goods I can use first. Then event buildings or HoF's. I rarely take coin or supplies unless it is a revenge attack.
  • 2 spearfighter or other weak defense and I will take anything I can.
  • I use up my Voyager bonus first on the advanced ages and then go back within 24 hours for the lower age goods.
  • I try to make a friend in the hood who also plunders and message each other when goods are up.
  • Lastly, I figure if I don't take the goods someone else will.

Seems you are into extortion, which i a felony. Payment to prevent being robbed or beaten is the same protection racket that the Mafia was engaged in doing. Now if Inno wants to change the system so that the one being attacked has to be present and able to direct his/her own defense against a bully then bring it on! There is more to be gained by working together than by engaging in gang activity. However if I am home when you break down my front door then be prepared to meet my "Little Friend".