• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser29295

I use my Santa for the goods right now: I like them because they look neat, and I am in no hurry in Beta to do anything. I do the GE and hit my hood a little there: for a low Era player it is not too bad a building.

Graviton

I use my Santa for the goods right now: I like them because they look neat, and I am in no hurry in Beta to do anything. I do the GE and hit my hood a little there: for a low Era player it is not too bad a building.

Exactly. I'm using it in my two newer worlds for the goods until I get more GBs.

It's possible that people are using the other production options on it to fulfill quests or daily challenges, and you guys are just hitting them at the wrong time.

DeletedUser30312

I see Conan keeps rocking this tread. How appropriate.

Messages from ungrateful neighbors only fuels my desire to help them improve their game strategy. They'll thank me later when they have learned to protect what's theirs. In the meantime, I hope to continue routing them.

And you're doing it on mobile, which is even more impressive.

I hate Santa's Workshops. They can't make FPs, and I swear every neighbor who builds them uses them for supplies, and tiny amounts too. I learned to avoid them months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30900

almost my entire Guild in G plunders: about 60/74. So that is not too bad.
Still, if we have a guide to teach new player become a plunder step by step, it would be glorious. For instance, how to choose target, how to fight effectively, how to make you own plunder sheet, etc.

DeletedUser

Still, if we have a guide to teach new player become a plunder step by step, it would be glorious. For instance, how to choose target, how to fight effectively, how to make you own plunder sheet, etc.
Q. How do you choose a target.
A. Click on a neighbor's avatar.

Q. How can you fight effectively?
A. Kill the enemy's troops before they kill yours.

Q. How do you make your own plunder sheet?
A. What's a plunder sheet?

DeletedUser30900

Q. How do you choose a target.
A. Click on a neighbor's avatar.

Q. How can you fight effectively?
A. Kill the enemy's troops before they kill yours.

Q. How do you make your own plunder sheet?
A. What's a plunder sheet?
So you are telling me you gonna tell new plunder to pick a fight with a neighbor who has over 200% defense bonus while he only have lv3 Zeus ? Or decide to use all heavies against 8 range units? The thing we know already can help a new plunder a lot. Idk why you are quite against it( at least seem like it for me)
As for the third question, that’s the reason we should have a guide. A short version answer is an excel sheet that you record neighbors defense army, unboosted goods and collecting time, etc.
People have ideas, we should put them together to make a better one :)

DeletedUser31882

This dude seriously needs to go back to school...

It's cheating when it's done to me, but by golly it's God's Will when I do it!

Oh, earlier this week I received my first plunder on my Terrace farm. I promptly blamed my house guests for being so distracting that I did not check my city at the appropriate time. Christmas guests expecting my attention!? Entitlement these days! [Actually, the friend who got me into FoE was there and I had a good laugh. The other guests just gave me weird looks. I don't blame them!]

Now that I've officially had my most valuable asset plundered, I feel pretty Zen. In my early pillage days, I used to stress out about being plundered. Now I know if I ever take a break from FoE, I'm giving a future plunderer a little boost. Hopefully someday I can be that 5 T.farm + other goodies that bring all the plunderers to the yard.

The person who plundered me? They are a palace owner that I've successfully hit 4+ times before they recouped some of their losses from me. So, kudos to them for busting my Iron Curtain.

DeletedUser31771

It seems that some of the whiners, complainers and malcontents are either wayward and uninformed players who have yet to learn the nuances of the game or they are simpletons who are unprepared for real life or fake life on the web.

They remind me of a farmer who sows his seed but then does nothing to ensure that he reaps his crop--he allows pests to infest or waits too long to harvest and the fruit is gone.

Or perhaps a renter who takes no pride of ownership in his dwelling yet expects the landlord to fix everything he has broken through neglect.

Perhaps the indolent and weak are also like the citizens who suckle at the government teat and expect someone else take care of them from cradle to grave. Expecting the gov't to protect them from disaster whether man made or natural.

Whoever these future Farmville fanatics are, they have obviously taken the time to build a city and grace it with productive buildings and it would be very easy to defend it with more than two spear men.

In fact, it would be easier to set up even a modest defense of age appropriate defenders than it is to be taxed daily and then complain about it. It would be more economical in the long run to invest in a defensive position than to be pillaged regularly. And, finally, it would contribute greatly to their personal enjoyment of the game.

Graviton

I don't know that I would hazard a guess about their native intelligence, but one thing I do think the complainers have in common is a desire to make the game accommodate them, instead of taking the time to figure out how to play the game as it is.

I was quite frustrated by getting plundered when I first started out. I poured over the forums and tried everything from using two spearthrowers for defense so the plunderer didn't get any points, to disconnecting my roads when I signed off, to sending nastygrams to the attackers. None of that lasted long because I realized I was just hurting myself by losing out on production, on the that somebody might plunder one or two of my buildings (and that's only if I don't time them right); and that being beaten in PvP combat (as opposed to a subsequent plunder) doesn't hurt me in the least, so why not put up the best defense possible. It will actually deter somebody once in awhile.

It's a simple shift of perspective that helps one to stop worrying about being plundered. When you realize that plundering is going to happen to you at times no matter what you do, and the only guaranteed defense against it is to collect your s*** on time, you can stop railing against the unfairness of it all and adapt. Accept it for what it is and deal with it. I've played multiplayer games in which you could lose a substantial amount of your loot. Compared to those, this is nothing.

Some people will ragequit before the realization happens and some may realize it and still hate plundering enough to quit. But I have found that it's made this a more enjoyable game, and I didn't have to wait around for somebody else to do it for me.