• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser32355

I have a hoodie that I plunder for having an IA defense in HMA. I went and looked through my event history and he tried to plunder me. :)
His army was *drum roll*
tF1hYKFiSlenALtqVlhXkA.png

IA archers.

lmao :D

DeletedUser30312

Personally, I don't plunder. Its too much trouble to attack that many people daily, and I'm really lazy. Really lazy.

There's also the matter of keeping track of what your neighbors do, which is what most of the successful plunderers do. First, note their defense units and defense boost; most players don't really change things up that often. Even I don't juggle them around much, if a defense deters or defeats most players, there's no reason to mess with success, and people who do get through are usually using a rogue strategy with a high attack, and that will probably get through no matter what you have. Even Ardak had people who could bust through his massive defenses.

Second, it helps to keep track of who's got good plunder. People who don't leve stuff uncollected or people with underdeveloped cities aren't worth plundering. A lot of people make unboosted goods. You want to know who's got the juiciest sets, the big goods production, or the nice undefendable fps from multiproducers. Some people even track opponent collection time, but that's too much trouble for me.

DeletedUser34800

Definitely. All of that. It's a ton of work to be a good plunderer. I have respect for those that do it, and they get the the best prizes for being successful.

Just too much work for me. I'll just keep building my passive city defense up and continue to collect on time. I'm bad for the plundering business hahaha

DeletedUser30312

I have a hoodie that I plunder for having an IA defense in HMA. I went and looked through my event history and he tried to plunder me. :)
His army was *drum roll*
tF1hYKFiSlenALtqVlhXkA.png

IA archers.

lmao :D

Not too bad, but here's some tips:

First, don't use rogues for defense. That 100 Attack is pretty useful in HMA, that can really hurt an attacking units, but rogues are an attack unit. Also, you don't want to use rogues with artillery and ranged units because they have such a low low defense and you've got them set up here with 4. When your rogues get hit, there's a very good chance for the Secret Identitiy to turn them into a Trebuchet, and they have low defense and slow movement. A skilled attacker (read: someone devious like me) will pick off your Knight and Armored Infantry then hit the rogues so they can turn into easily killed artillery, and they'll prefer to do it with ranged units.

Second, you'll want about 3-4 Heavy Infantry as the core of your defense mixed with other units. They have a high defense which makes them hard to kill, but if you field all heavy units, they're not too tough to destroy with an army of all ranged units. You can use the EMA Heavy if you're new to HMA and are still building up your units.

The Knight's okay for now if you don't have anything stronger, but don't make it a permanent fixture. Fast units aren't great for defense because they tend to charge forward under AI and get chopped to pieces. However, a single Champion is useful since it'll give a little boost to your other units when it gets killed, and the HMA Champ has slightly better stats than the Knight.

DeletedUser32355

It's actually an old battle. I swapped the knight with a champ and the catapult with a crossbowman. So it's a bit better now.
Also, why is your post duplicated? :confused:

DeletedUser33297

Definitely. All of that. It's a ton of work to be a good plunderer. I have respect for those that do it, and they get the the best prizes for being successful.

I keep a spreadsheet. I think I mentioned I have too much time on my hands. :D:rolleyes:

DeletedUser30312

It's actually an old battle. I swapped the knight with a champ and the catapult with a crossbowman. So it's a bit better now.
Also, why is your post duplicated? :confused:

I was downloading a large file and it was slowing down the forums quite a bit. So I accidentally double posted.

Jern2017

ok, more of the saga and this time I censored better. A little backstory: this is the neighbor that sent me what I thought might be a suicide note. I wasn't sure if she was just playing the sympathy card, so I doubled down and started trying to time my plunders so that it looked like I did it within the same hour (who doesn't like a nice double dip on one day's worth of someone else's goods buildings?)

Anyway, here is this morning's saga:
View attachment 9608

I understand that you plunder your neighbors, but how can you be so evil to plunder your friends?!

DeletedUser31592

Plundering in EMA can suck because they don't know how to play the game- lots of unboosted goods, even more cities with only BA or BA and IA goods buildings (how they get by without EMA goods is a mystery to me....) And I think I can count on one hand how many FPs I've ever nabbed.

I was attacking to fulfill my DC. I'm a terrible plunderer and 95% of the time I forget to go back, so I will usually take a gamble at multi-function buildings, even though 99.999999% of them are used for supplies.

Anyway, I attack. No goods buildings to plunder. I see an Arena of Victors. What the heck. Probably supplies, but I'll go for it. I was pleasantly surprised to find they were producing goods! Yay! Oh, wait a minute. Those are BA goods. *sigh*

DeletedUser26965

ok, more of the saga and this time I censored better. A little backstory: this is the neighbor that sent me what I thought might be a suicide note. I wasn't sure if she was just playing the sympathy card, so I doubled down and started trying to time my plunders so that it looked like I did it within the same hour (who doesn't like a nice double dip on one day's worth of someone else's goods buildings?)

Anyway, here is this morning's saga:
View attachment 9608
omg, "I must report you U to HQ elephant dung!" :D:D:D this board still great as ever, luv it

DeletedUser31771

With the n'hood change tomorrow and considering the lack of experience of some of my neighbors, I am thinking of sending a message to them explaining why I am moving, e.g., their lack of producing adequate levels of goods and FPs. Granted, I have averaged almost 80-100 goods a day, but most were BA. What I really need are FPs though, but everyone is FP poor.

Do you think it is poor taste to let them know that they aren't good enough to plunder anymore even after having plundered them daily? I feel like might be, and it could even come back to haunt me if INNO comes up with some superaward that allows a neighborhood to join forces and burn down an offensive neighbor's entire city once in a while.

DeletedUser30900

Do you think it is poor taste to let them know that they aren't good enough to plunder anymore even after having plundered them daily? I feel like might be, and it could even come back to haunt me if INNO comes up with some superaward that allows a neighborhood to join forces and burn down an offensive neighbor's entire city once in a while.
just don't tell them how to build their defense better. Actually, let them know 0% defense makes their cities more productive :)