• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser34879

Anyway, I took a cue from recent discussions here, and decided to mess with my neighbors a bit:

View attachment 9716

Some neighbors just left the discussion, but others actually took the trades I put up. Where feasible, I traded the goods for Brass, since I felt that appropriate. :D

View attachment 9717

Then this guy randomly dumps his market trades into the thread. Unless they were plunders too or something.

Anyway, I decided to roll with it:

View attachment 9718

Really rubbing it in here....

View attachment 9719

He hasn't made good on his threat yet.
Do you have exclusive rights, or can I try something like that in next neighbourhood? :) :)

DeletedUser31882

I had an encounter.

To contextualize, he breached my defenses and then sent me the first two messages. EveryDay!.png

They left the thread after sending the second message.
Depending how the next few days pan out, I may throw up a spearfighter as defense. That is the unit with the least Battle point reward, is it not? *shrugs*

On the plundering side of things, I have been enjoying the proliferation of Emperor's Gates. It has been a pleasant alternative to unboosted goods.

DeletedUser34787

Plunder 1.PNG Plunder 2.PNG Plunder 3.PNG Plunder 4.PNG

I play predominantly on the international server in Jaims, but the .en version of the forums is far quieter, so thought I'd start a save on this server to join this excellent thread.

Decided, on April 1st, to keep a full set of tax receipts to see exactly how much my taxation was gaining for my city (I'm in Colonial). Wanted to use the figures to convince my guild leader to sell me goods for an Atlantis Museum.

I think it's going nicely? Want to see if I can hit 6000 goods and 200 FP (1500/50 per week) by the end of April.

My neighbours don't like me.

Plunder 1.PNG Plunder 2.PNG Plunder 3.PNG Plunder 4.PNG

DeletedUser29218

Or maybe he thinks novody will attack him since he is the number one in the hood :) ...

Anecdotal evidence. I get attacked much more now than I'm 1st in my hood that I did some months ago when I was 2-5. I think people like to hit the 1st just because it is the 1st. Of course, being attacked and plundered are completely different stories.

Jern2017

When I was in the Industrial Age, my attack/defense bonus for my defending army was at about 15/150. I got attacked daily by a person in top 10 of my neighborhood. They took heavy losses, but always breached my defenses. One day, I had enough and decided to try to attack them. On top of the bonuses from my offensive GBs, I turned on the 1 day 30% attack tavern boost and embarked on my path of revenge.

They had 2 spearfighters with like 60% defense. Of course, I easily defeated and plundered them. They stopped attacking me, but needless to say, I did not stop for as long as we were neighbors.

DeletedUser30312

Do you have exclusive rights, or can I try something like that in next neighbourhood? :) :)

Anyone who wants to do a Plunder Bazaar is free to do so.

Depending how the next few days pan out, I may throw up a spearfighter as defense. That is the unit with the least Battle point reward, is it not? *shrugs*

On the plundering side of things, I have been enjoying the proliferation of Emperor's Gates. It has been a pleasant alternative to unboosted goods.

Want to stiff them on points? Set up 1 Horseman. That is the absolute worst defense in terms of earning points. Generally, Fast units are worth the least amount of points and Ranged the most for their respective ages.

Of course, anyone who sets out 1 Horseman gets ruthlessly attacked and plundered by me for the insult.

In this week's hood, I fought a returning neighbor who previously had Spearfighters on defense. This time he had a full defense of current age units with a 301% defense bonus. I defeated him and while forgetting the usual tavern bonus to attack. So that's a new benchmark for me.

I'm generally scouting out people who have decent building sets in my hoods lately, especially since I want to maximize the use of my Atlantis Museum. Since few people have enough defense to stop me, I'm just going to cherry pick the people with the best plunder potential. The City Planner comes in handy here for sinister purposes for the plunderer: espionage. I've started using it to get a better look at set layouts, particularly Indian Palace and Winter Village setups since there's so many ways those can be put together. The Winter Village in particular can be hard to see in game since the pieces are so small, so the grid view comes in handy. As an added bonus, the Planner adds up the City's Defense bonuses, so you can get a rough idea of what you'll face. It isn't completely accurate; I don't think it calculates set bonuses very well if at all, or some of the newer buildings in the game, and it can't see if players are using Color Guards or Drummers on defense.

DeletedUser31882

Want to stiff them on points? Set up 1 Horseman. That is the absolute worst defense in terms of earning points. Generally, Fast units are worth the least amount of points and Ranged the most for their respective ages.

Of course, anyone who sets out 1 Horseman gets ruthlessly attacked and plundered by me for the insult.

Looks like I may have to spend a traz collection to set myself up with a horseman! The individual is attacking like clockwork and is a manual fighter. After a few days playing with my defenses and not getting a single defense kill, I figure I may as well deny them Battle points & plunder. The potential insult is a nice psych warfare bonus!

Speaking of psychological warfare...
City Shield is Srs BNS.png
There is Spoon.png
I believe they are trying to... get under my skin or make me panic? I'm hoping there is something being lost in translation or some sort of communication error happening. Because...
Lazy Booster.png
I ain't got time for city shields.

Also: "____ the kind" has 0 plunders on me. I've discovered their city has a boost for Basalt & would be at two plunders if I wasn't being greedy and holding out for their Emperor's Gate. That's why I'm more concerned about their mental well-being. I'll probably leave a blacksmith production open for them. If they check in as much as they say they do, that should add 0.5-2.0 seconds to their hourly rounds.

DeletedUser32355

So, I looked at my event history for PvP battles and...
dqQOZatUQT_NElTcDV9ZSQ.png

_________ 1231 the Dire had attacked me 2 times... and lost. How dire. :p

These are the battles in order, from bottom to top.

bbf37107-5da8-404e-a7db-86f4aa6202c7
upload_2018-4-27_8-45-47.png
_TezvLkFR4e0eMqHHD3AiQ.png

upload_2018-4-27_8-47-24.png
upload_2018-4-27_8-49-9.png

I'm still laughing at the people trying to break through it with unboosted IA and EMA armies. I have a +50% def HMA army on defense. :D

mamboking053

:( My plunders have been poor this rotation. Before the shuffle I could count on at least 1 or 2 fp's per raid, but after the shuffle nada. Not even one.

On top of that, there's more people that seem to be collecting their crap. I don't even get the option to scan for plunder about a fifth of the time. Still profitable, but feeling a little hollowed out.

DeletedUser31440

:( My plunders have been poor this rotation. Before the shuffle I could count on at least 1 or 2 fp's per raid, but after the shuffle nada. Not even one.

On top of that, there's more people that seem to be collecting their crap. I don't even get the option to scan for plunder about a fifth of the time. Still profitable, but feeling a little hollowed out.

What kind of sacrifices have you offered the plundergrem?

DeletedUser12620

And last week, I hit 1,000,000 points on a PvP tower for the first time:

View attachment 9922

I hit 1 Million points weekly before I jumped to CA and I still am

Anyway, I took a cue from recent discussions here, and decided to mess with my neighbors a bit:

View attachment 9716

Some neighbors just left the discussion, but others actually took the trades I put up. Where feasible, I traded the goods for Brass, since I felt that appropriate. :D

View attachment 9717

Then this guy randomly dumps his market trades into the thread. Unless they were plunders too or something.

Anyway, I decided to roll with it:

View attachment 9718

Really rubbing it in here....

View attachment 9719

He hasn't made good on his threat yet.

LOL "I kill you"

DeletedUser12620

Loving all the lv2 emperor's entrances.

I've been stuck 2 ages behind on the top hood in Z - finally got rotated out into hood of my own age, just as I aged up to Progressive.

So it's been great here - finally hitting all 70+ players again, plundered couple dozen fps and hundreds of goods so far.

Gonna push to ME so I'm not as disadvantaged when I get rotated back into the top hood.

Make sure you reset your city shield in time too :oops:

ODragon

Plunder has been slow this rotation for me too. It's not all that surprising as the longer one stays on the age, all the older good stuff agrees away, like palaces. Seeing very few people with l2 cherry items either.