• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

cton2.forge

Man, thats cold. And somthings you just don't joke about.

Not a joke - read through all 80+ pages on the thread. It is quoted at these three times someone says "Why are you plundering, I'm dying of cancer and won't make it more than 1 more month and this game is all I have left in life. Please don't plunder me.'

It leads some of us to believe that maybe cancer or imminent death is now an acceptable excuse to ward off plunderers. Or not. Kind of sad really. SABOTAGE!!!!

DeletedUser31592

It appears I likely have a serious PvPer in my main world, for the first time in a long time. CE and he has AF troops. So, this shall be fun. If he attacks daily, I'll just take my defense down. I'm not going to give him points everyday....
Not sure if he is a plunderer. I'm tempted to leave a 4-hour goods production out all day as bait just to see. Actually, that is a great idea and I'm going to go switch an 8-hr to a 4-hr now.

DeletedUser34800

AF troops in CE. Man, that must have taken some diamonds to achieve or a lot of FPs traded for the goods to negotiate. Still, impressive for getting it done.

DeletedUser31498

noob question here, but does one get later-Era troops by advancing on the C-Map?

DeletedUser34800

@gutmeister Well, technically you get the advanced troops from the questline, but you need to beat the C-map to complete the quests. I beat the entire Progressive Era map and questline and acquired Progressive Era troops, while in the Industrial Age.

So now I have advanced troops defending my city. It really helps out a ton. I think it's worth it. Plus, with Inno now adding alternative options in the event quests, it's not a big deal to advance.

The scout a province, acquire sectors, etc quests all have alternative options like trade goods or donate. So it doesn't hurt anything to advance, at least in my opinion.

DeletedUser35475

@gutmeister

The scout a province, acquire sectors, etc quests all have alternative options like trade goods or donate. So it doesn't hurt anything to advance, at least in my opinion.

Are these in the main story line? I have ignored the main story quests due to the acquire sectors tasks because I was exploring so far ahead of where I actually was in the eras. If there are now alternative way so solve it I can start doing them again.

DeletedUser31592

AF troops in CE. Man, that must have taken some diamonds to achieve or a lot of FPs traded for the goods to negotiate. Still, impressive for getting it done.
Yeah. I obviously have no hope of defending my city. So I am just going to see if he plunders to see if I have to set timers. I collect on time 99% of the time, but once in a while something comes up while at work and I lose track of time. And, if he attacks daily, I'm taking my defense down so he doesn't get the points from attacking, either. All I can do, lol.

DeletedUser34800

@commanderstinkfoot
Yeah, same here. It was something that was complained about frequently enough that Inno decided to add the alternative options. People didn't want to be forced to progress in the C-map or research new techs, possibly aging them up, which makes sense.

It's also nice because it allows you to progress on the C-map without worry of messing up your events. Which is why I progressed ahead and got the advanced troops.

DeletedUser34800

Sounds like a solid plan JCera. As you said, nothing you can really do to stop that advanced of troops. Don't give them points from your army and don't give them goods from your buildings.

Timers is a good idea. Some days I forget to collect exactly on time and get there like 20 mins late. My defense is solid, for now, but I don't like things sitting around for plundering.

DeletedUser31592

And he took my bait.
His message when you visit his city is about how he is only trying to show you your weakness.... Um, your troops are two ages ahead. It would probably take a whole city of watchfires and ritual flames, plus level 100 Deal and SBC to even make a dent.

DeletedUser31499

One for the vaults...

I attacked someone in the hood and he sent a reply.

Just made a new friend in the hood. Sent me a message:

I see your a punk bully as well.

So he puts me on ignore, and leaves the conversation so I can’t let him know that I’m really a good person but I do have these moments and fighting is part of the game and when my city gets attacked and plundered I don’t cry about it but try to learn from it.

So I go to his city and he has disconnected all his stuff so I can’t plunder. It a shame that I can only attack him one more time as I think the hood turns over this Monday.