• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Jern2017

My Greek friend is pretty good with collecting on time, but I got another FP from his Magnum Opus.

Attachments

• sketch-1531514333488.png
    sketch-1531514333488.png
    524.2 KB · Views: 51

Graviton

Speaking of Magnum Opuses (Opi?) ... I was plundered on Monday. He got my TF but it was running either an event quest or a DC so it was only a 1-hour production. Still, I have a firm policy of revenge-plunder. So I've been hitting him every day since then and snagged his Magnum Opus two of the last three days. One day I got his Emperor's Entrance, another day I pinched 10 goods from an Herb Merchant. He has attacked me every day as well but he's come up empty, plunder-wise. Revenge is sweet.

DeletedUser30312

Nothing special going on for me this rotation. A moderately tough hood, with stiff defences from the top players, and many of them retaliate, but plenty of good targets otherwise.

I did have a guy probe my defenses with a pair of spearfighters the other day though.

DeletedUser35771

Youse people....

Make me laugh nearly every day, have taught me that there is honor in 'educating' my neighbours, and helping them to collect their productions when they are unable to.
I've learned a LOT from reading this thread - the what, the when, the how, and the why.

When I first started, I did not attack the hood, much less plunder.
I think I was plundered a few times, and went looking for advice on how to stop it. In the process, I stumbled across this fine group of 'educators and tax collectors'. This completely changed my perspective on plundering.
I picked off a lvl 2 Zen Zone this morning, and a Tholos I'd waited patiently almost 22 hours for. I think I scared the cats with my happy dance of joy :D

Thank you for opening my eyes to the real game.

RazorbackPirate

There is honor in 'educating' my neighbours

This is my view also. I feel that I would be doing a disservice to my 2-Spear defense neighbors if I didn't plunder them after an attack. Not plundering them provides no reason for them to improve.

Every time a 2-Spear city finally sets up a defending army after I've attacked and plundered them repeatedly, I will always send a message that says.

"Finally. It's nice to see a proper defending army in place. I'm glad I could help you improve your game. Congrats."

You'd think after all this time, I'd get at least one reply thanking me. Not once.

Last edited:

Lancer

This is my view also. I feel that I would be doing a disservice to my 2-Spear defense neighbors if I didn't plunder them after an attack. Not plundering them provides no reason for them to improve.

Every time a 2-Spear city finally sets up a defending army after I've attacked and plundered them repeatedly, I will always send a message that says.

"Finally. It's nice to see a proper defending army in place. I'm glad I could help you improve your game. Congrats."

You'd think after all this time, I'd get at least one replay thanking me. Not once.

I actually laughed out loud at this notion. Well said.

Triopoly Champion

You'd think after all this time, I'd get at least one reply thanking me. Not once.
When someone setup a proper army and was defeated by a landslide margin, they'll write the message to me for sure.
Forge of Empires - Commander Bee's Complain.jpg
Forge of Empires - Fast Defeats Light 07-19-2018.jpg

Graviton

Is this officially the longest thread in FoE history yet? :D

I'll make it longer, although this story probably belongs in a thread called "Plunder Fails"...dude hit me today and got my Terrace Farm, which was on a 5-minute production to gather coins for a Summer Event quest. I wish I coulda seen his face. Hopefully that will discourage him from trying again. I tried to hit him back but his defense was over 700%, which is obscene.

DeletedUser34800

Hahaha. I bet he was just baffled by what your TF was producing hahaha.

I haven't been attacked in about 1.5 to 2 months now, and it's making me sad. I recently finished the quest line for Modern Era, giving me Modern Era troops. So, now I have awesome tanks and bazooka teams defending my city, in the Industrial Age.

I would love to know what goes through their head when they attack me and see advanced troops from 2 eras ahead. Too bad no one tries...

It really is a bummer. I am just too lazy to bother plundering anyone and apparently everyone else is thinking the same. Makes you wonder how that thread that's crying to Inno Games about being plundered even got so long.

Graviton

Hahaha. I bet he was just baffled by what your TF was producing hahaha....

I mean, I understand if it's part of somebody's normal game play, that they plunder neighbors every day no matter what...but I still have to wonder why anyone would bother plundering when Events are going on, and production buildings are likely busy doing Event stuff rather than their normal productions.

DeletedUser34800

That's a great point, and definitely true enough.

When events hit, I stop all my usual production and just leave everything doing nothing until needed by a quest, in which case I do what is asked.

Except goods buildings. They're always on an 8hr timer. Of course, thanks to this Summer Event and my placing 3 ships (1 pirate, 1 Royal, and waiting for quests to get my 1 trader), I have officially sold off all my goods buildings.

So really, all my stuff is doing nothing for the most part. Except for my GBs/Special once a day buildings. Of course, plunderers get 30 seconds to steal those. Thanks collecting on time!!! Best defense in game.

DeletedUser

I mean, I understand if it's part of somebody's normal game play, that they plunder neighbors every day no matter what...but I still have to wonder why anyone would bother plundering when Events are going on, and production buildings are likely busy doing Event stuff rather than their normal productions.
I just hit my neighbors, and one neighbor didn't have anything but Blacksmiths available to plunder (CE city). So...I plundered one. Only got 5 supplies, but I'll go to sleep believing he had to work just a tiny bit harder on that Event quest. Bwahahaha....

Graviton

I just hit my neighbors, and one neighbor didn't have anything but Blacksmiths available to plunder (CE city). So...I plundered one. Only got 5 supplies, but I'll go to sleep believing he had to work just a tiny bit harder on that Event quest. Bwahahaha....

It's all about perspective I guess. I imagine my attacker shaking his fist in frustration after taking the time to defeat my army and salivating at the thought of 5 TF FPs, only to come away with a handful of coins. I consider that a win.