• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

Volodya

It still amazes me at how many people sacrifice production in their city to prevent others from stealing stuff.

They cost themselves more than they'd lose via plundering. Like 6 TFs all coins, or 5 unboosted goods buildings.

I don't get it lol
It depends what you see as the "point" of this game. I devote a disproportionate amount of digital real estate to defense (currently +1189%), not because I care at all about people "stealing stuff," but because I really dislike losing battles. PvP is the most direct and obvious one-on-one competition FoE affords; I'm competitive and I like to win.

RazorbackPirate

It depends what you see as the "point" of this game. I devote a disproportionate amount of digital real estate to defense (currently +1189%), not because I care at all about people "stealing stuff," but because I really dislike losing battles. PvP is the most direct and obvious one-on-one competition FoE affords; I'm competitive and I like to win.
Other than the potential that someone will plunder, what is the negative effect to your city from losing a PvP battle? If there is none, how are you winning by losing so much resource production?

- KQ -

There is an emotional satisfaction from having an impregnable city. It's an intangible benefit, but no less real to those who experience it.

Until it gets breached. I thought I'd saved the link, but alas. One of my guildmates recently posted a capture of beating a city with close to 1500% defense.

Jern2017

Well, attack boost of the defending army plays a huge factor in my opinion. 1000%+ defense is nice and all, but without a decent attack boost, your defending units aren't a threat to your attacker.

DeletedUser31397

There is an emotional satisfaction from having an impregnable city. It's an intangible benefit, but no less real to those who experience it.

I couldn't have said it better. I also value the PvP aspect of this game and am planning to create an extremely strong defense. All the space I use for defense instead of FPs doesn't bother me because I can also get the FPs from sniping a random player in a matter of minutes.

"It's not about money, it's about sending a message" -Joker - Heath Ledger

Volodya

Other than the potential that someone will plunder, what is the negative effect to your city from losing a PvP battle? If there is none, how are you winning by losing so much resource production?
I like winning.

I produce more than enough of everything I need. I'm not interested in maximizing production.

If you play chess, I imagine you play to win. What's the "negative effect" of losing (unless you've bet on the outcome?)