• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder

• Thread starter DeletedUser31198
  • Start date

DeletedUser31198

Dear all,

I've been plundered every single day and this must not continue, otherwise I will not continue. Measures should be taken like:

Only possible to plunge once a week the same factory buiding, or create a bost against plunging. Or not possible to plunge factories. Or if a gambler is aid by someone he cannot plunge him, or whatever you can imagine. I'm not the only affected. But this is a bad thing. If you are nice you aid, only one chance to win coins ,if you are not you can attack and plunder and gain in two ways. You have Tournments, GE's and attacks why don't suppress plunder that really arms and takes us supplies and the opportunity to go further.

Thanks,
Mari

DeletedUser8428

Dear all,

I've been plundered every single day and this must not continue, otherwise I will not continue. Measures should be taken like:

Only possible to plunge once a week the same factory buiding, or create a bost against plunging. Or not possible to plunge factories. Or if a gambler is aid by someone he cannot plunge him, or whatever you can imagine. I'm not the only affected. But this is a bad thing. If you are nice you aid, only one chance to win coins ,if you are not you can attack and plunder and gain in two ways. You have Tournments, GE's and attacks why don't suppress plunder that really arms and takes us supplies and the opportunity to go further.

Thanks,
Mari

Mari, Plunder is an intended feature of this game, not an error. Please see this posting - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/help-i-am-being-plundered.13247/ which can provide you with information to reduce the plunder of your city.

ShadowWarlord

Dear all,

Thanks,
Mari
Whoever is plundering you, plunder them back... this is the game. If you want to play just city building game then you have simcity like games.

DeletedUser9930

Mari,

A lot of people in this game tend to ignore that they're faced with a moral/ethical decision in regards to relations with neighbors; so they opt for the easy choice, that which the developers have promoted. But that doesn't mean that you have no recourse {check out various plunder threads in the Forge Hall for more detailed advice}. Here are some things you can do:

1. Curtail your production so that you can pick up on time
2. Counterattack and plunder if you can
3. If you're unable to defeat their defenses, note their troops and boosts in order to post that information to others in your neighborhood who might be in a position to defeat the plunderers
4. Send the plunderers 'friend requests'
5. Build up your defenses

Good luck & don't let them drive you away!

DeletedUser32355

Why is this in the proposals?
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/

If you need plundering help:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/help-i-am-being-plundered.13247/

Besides that:
Plundering is just a part of the game. You should actually be happy it is limited to once every 24 hours, too. I used to play a game where there wasn't that limit, and the big players used robot scripts to auto-attack others and get free resources. :( It gets really bad when supply wagons can kill flame archers.

I have a protip in my signature you may want to read, too. :)

Algona

I vote no/

I like plundering. I don't like plunging, but sometimes a man has to face the consequences of defiling his toilet.

moral/ethical

No. The only moral/ethical decision in any game is whether to play within the rules or not.

----------

Generic plunder mitigation steps in order of effectiveness

1) Tavern City Shield
2) Plunderproof your city. (If you don't know how, ask)
3) Collect On Time (as defined in my signature)
4) Be in the top quarter of your hood.
5) The ability to counterplunder
6) Diplomacy
7) Place the best deftnsive army and defensive boost you can

Steps 4-7 can vary. 7) is much more effective and 5) is much less effective in early game. 6 iss the wild card, it can be surprisingly effective but only with certain people.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31206

While I wouldn't bother rewriting this to put it into a proper format since this falls under the DPL for future reference I'll give you the proper format.

In order to maintain a sense of uniformity in all submitted ideas, it is requested to follow the following format when posting new threads in the Proposals section. In including the following information in your proposal will ensure smooth exchange of ideas. Please include the section headers to make it easy to check the format.

NOTE: As of January 2015, we will move improperly formatted proposals to Forge Hall for discussion. The voting and submitting process is difficult with improperly formatted proposals. It is perfectly fine to discuss a proposal in Forge Hall prior to formal submission here. Do not create your proposal with a poll, unless instructed to do so by a staff member.

Many examples of properly formatted proposals can be found here: https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/submitted.76/

Proposal Format

Proposal
Briefly outline what your proposal entails.

Current System (if applicable)
The system that currently exists in-game that is being replaced or improved by the feature you are proposing.

Details
Here you should give the details of your idea, explaining how it works, why you've suggested it and all other information you feel is necessary to convey the importance of the addition of your proposal.

Abuse Prevention
If there are any avenues for abuse that open with your proposal, state any safeguards present in your idea that closes them.

Visual Aids
Post any images you have created to demonstrate the implementation of your proposed feature. Please remember that any images posted must fit within the file size restrictions specified in the Forum Rules.

Conclusion
Any final comments to try and gain your proposal the favour of the community.

Do not suggest list

Building rotation
Server Clock
Bronze Age, Arctic Future, or Oceanic Future in GvG
Any Unit Upgrades
Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase
Anything changing the production times for supplies, coin, units, etc.
Changes regarding Diamonds (costs of items and features, package prices, use of diamonds, etc.).
Suggestions to change size of Forge Point Bar (100+)
Trading between resources (supplies for coin, coin for medals, etc.)
Any proposal to alter, delete, or limit plundering
Additional expansions in any way
Ability to prioritize which buildings in your city you want aided first
Do not place a proposal up for voting of any kind.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9930

Algona, since plundering, or even attacking, is not required in this game, a player must make a choice to do so. If that choice affects others, then it is a moral/ethical decision that must be made. Rules and laws do not, necessarily, have anything to do with ethics or morals.

DeletedUser31206

Algona, since plundering, or even attacking, is not required in this game, a player must make a choice to do so. If that choice affects others, then it is a moral/ethical decision that must be made. Rules and laws do not, necessarily, have anything to do with ethics or morals.
I have to disagree true neither attacking or plundering are necessary to advance in the game, but all games have rules and rather or not you choose to follow those rules all depends if you're ethical and moral person.

DeletedUser26965

I'd argue that it's not even an ethical question in a game like this. It's just strategy. Else it's kind of like saying stealing a base in baseball involves a moral or ethical question. It doesn't.
I like that analogy, works well. I usually use a boxing one, that is, if you step into the ring you shouldn't be surprised to get hit. However I think there's always room to question via moral philosophy the presence of such things in our life experience. Sure as moral questions go this one is pretty low on the list of importance but this is the game forum for such so we can excuse that aspect I would think.

The question is, is there, if any, harm to attacking/plundering? Clearly not in attacking, some new players won't even know they've been attacked, but what of plundering? I think most who first experience being plundered experience a set of emotions no different to theft in real life. It's a sense of violation which then in turn can bring about other emotions as well; stress, anger, depression etc. However the extent of such experiences of emotion are generally, if one is well minded, learned and experienced, tempered and measured to the severity as clearly getting plundered is not like having your car stolen or some worse violation of property and self.

But is it wrong to cause such strife in our fellow man? In any form? This is just a game after all, as many would say, but is the experience no less real? And if we find that it is we must question then what exactly are we reinforcing in ourselves and others in our life experience. And what ought it be otherwise?

The question of "property" is at hand as well. Does ownership of goods automatically apply to the one who made them? Plunderers tend to justify their "gathering" of these goods as not belonging to anyone, they are either simply gathered by the city owner, anyone who plunders or spoil(spoilage takes a very long time to occur, not sure exactly the time). Inno describes it as stealing which implies ownership of the city owner.

The other violation seems to be that of time. When one is plundered they have not only lost the goods but the time it took to obtain them and now will take them longer to do the various things in the game.

So I think there is much to be said actually on the questions of what ought be as it pertains to plunder. Just as we can also question stealing bases in baseball or whether boxing is something we ought be doing at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

No. Is it unethical to win a pot in poker by bluffing? Is it immoral to take a pawn en passant? Is it wrong to make someone pay the full cost for landng on Boardwalk with a hotel because they drew the Chance card Advance token to Boardwalk?

Of course not.

It is not my responsibility to assure that another player understands the rules, consequences, strategies, or any other aspects of a game they have chosen to play.

I am not responsible in any way, shape, or form for another person's reactions to conduct or actions explicitly within the rules of the game they chose to play.

Should someone choose to accept either responsibility, how could a player do anything in any game that has any impact on another player in any way? What kind of immoral unethical monster could do anything?

----------

Flip this silliness on it's ear.

You inflict emotional pain on me by your choice to reply in a way that I can take to mean I'm unethical and immoral.

What are your ethical and moral responsibilities in this situation?

You acted completely within the rules and purpose of the form, discussing an aspect of the game.

But you hurt me.

What next?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

images

DeletedUser31592

So, if I'm playing Sorry and I draw (and use) a Sorry card, am I being unethical? I'm playing the game, right? Same goes for FoE. It is a game. Plundering is part of it. Morals have nothing to do with it.

And FWIW, with 2.5 years in the game, I had fought only 40 battles. Ever. So I've been plundered far more than I have plundered others- I have actually never plundered anyone with my main account. But it is the game.