• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plundering

• Thread starter DeletedUser40239
  • Start date

Kranyar the Mysterious

I just saw that. True though;)
People with the name DeletedUserxxxxx are people whose forum accounts have been deleted for whatever reason over time, not what their user name was when they posted. Kinda fun to see people with the name DeletedUser stating adamantly that they aren't going to quit no matter what though!

Agent327

People with the name DeletedUserxxxxx are people whose forum accounts have been deleted for whatever reason over time, not what their user name was when they posted. Kinda fun to see people with the name DeletedUser stating adamantly that they aren't going to quit no matter what though!

Not whatever reason. Reason is they did not connect their forum account to their game account when asked to.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Not whatever reason. Reason is they did not connect their forum account to their game account when asked to.
In the past I believe we were told there were other reasons as well for account deletions, not just because of failure to connect them to their game account, though I'm sure that is the biggest reason.

Vger

Is it? Aren't players responsible themselves, by not reacting on the warning?
No. These (mostly ex) players have no skin in the game. Why would they even care? It's INNO that looks bad by having all these older threads, which obviously people still read, and sometimes reply to, turn into a wall of posts from DeletedUserxxxxx.

DevaCat

Yes, most of the top guides written for this game that I constantly send to new players to read are almost exclusively filled with DeletedPlayerXXXXX posts now. It was a horrible change, but what's new?
Aside from losing history, which is important to creating a community, it's now a major pita to figure out who is saying what in those older exchanges without scrolling up and down repeatedly. Much better would have been "PlayerName deleted" being used, similar to what we see in game in a Gb's listing of contributors when a player has ceased playing. Very badly handled top-down change imho but it is what it is.