• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

plundering

oddsoul

With the real world falling apart. It is time to stop glorifying stealing. take it out of the game. it truly is not necessary to play the game. & the younger generations see it as being normal. just look at the news!

Dursland

I remember you, you're the one who told me I was going to hell for stealing.

Look plundering is just part of the game and it's fairly easy to defend against - by either being online to collect on time (which you can do with alarms etc) or having a high/good defensive army. Especially at this stage of the game (in Dilmun) where everybody is still relatively militarily weak, a strong DA is a good repellent.

I don't think most see it as stealing, just employing a game mechanic to increase their own gameplay. It's unfortunate that it comes at the expense of other players but games often have winners and losers.

Pericles the Lion

With the real world falling apart. It is time to stop glorifying stealing. take it out of the game. it truly is not necessary to play the game. & the younger generations see it as being normal. just look at the news!
(1) Get 140 friends that will regularly aid your city, (2) get rid of all decorations, and (3) get rid of any buildings that produce stuff and cannot be motivated (e.g. Terrace Farms). Voila! problem solved.

The Lady Redneck

This is not a pretty city, lets all sit and smell the roses game. We are Forging Empires here. Since when did Empires ever get forged without war? OK Armies have supply lines but they have also always sent out foraging teams to fine food and anything else useful in the lands they pass through on their way to battle. That is all plundering is. Collect your goods in and lock them away from sight if you do not want passing troops to take some of it. The game gives you a number of ways to protect yourself. Why do you not do so?

Emberguard

It doesn't glorify stealing, because nothing is actually stolen.

By the same logic of "plundering in a game = stealing".... you'd also then have to question who in a game of Monopoly actually owns the "property" on the monopoly board after the game is finished. If you're saying ownership is absolute in a game, and isn't just for the purpose of defining game rules/mechanics, then by simply playing a single round of monopoly you'd also have to say the ownership of the entire board game and all its pieces has changed from the person that bought the physical copy, to the people who played and won the game. Also notice that the person that owns the board game usually chooses the rules of the game, and the people playing agrees to their rules because it's their game.

If you're going to argue against that saying that's silly, playing a game doesn't change ownership of the game pieces.... then you also can't call plundering stealing in Forge of Empires, as then ownership hasn't changed from InnoGames to the players within the game.

Pericles the Lion

Only if you use synthetic yarn. If there is any percentage of wool, mohair, alpaca, angora etc. in it Someone had to steal the animals coat. Does not matter if the animals belong to anyone. You could say that unless the animals gave their express permission for their coats to be stripped from them. The fact that is was done is theft.
The coats were payment for room and board. :cool:

Ironrooster

I know the game calls it plundering, but really it's more like petty theft.
Nothing in your inventory, treasury, or supplies stash is touched.
All that's taken is the output of one building not yet harvested and only if that building is not aided. Plus Galata Tower gives you some extra protection.

oddsoul

I can your points of view on plundering. it's just a game. And You all can not see this game without it for some reason. It is not needed to play this game. Why promote a wrong... Stealing is stealing a game or not. Is it that it is truly hard to take out of the program.

Agaselle

I like to add the choosing to plunder or not to plunder optional action should always remain in the game , since it has made us all so verry defense cautious and whats a good city layout without defending it , what would come after no defense ,nonsense....//

Ebeondi Asi

Sorry Agaselle, no defense is exactly what most high level players do. There is zero need fr any city defense with collect on time.
Only newer players worry about City defense and getting plundered.
I was certainly a new player, and hated getting plundered at that time. It bothered me a lot! but I got over it. and realized finally! the words Collect on time really were the solution. At first I did not understand it but finally I got teh message. and then threw away St Basil and he Monastery, and any bit of city defense I had. No need.
And that is why so many of us say, plunder is a newbie worry. No one else cares.

Emberguard

Stealing is stealing a game or not. Is it that it is truly hard to take out of the program.
Do you apply that to all aspects of all games? Or are you going to cherry pick?

What about idolatry? We have Cathedral of Aachen and Statue of Zeus in the same game. Do you worship both Gods? What about taking tiles in GvG and GBG? Do you apply the same logic of stealing in those aspects that effect 80 people at a time or do you only apply it when it effects a single person on a individual level?

Yes plundering could be removed. But then why bother Aiding? What would you do with all the Defense Only boosts? What purpose would you give to those functions of the game? It effects more than just plundering once you remove a function that the game was built around