1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Plunders

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by amusedly, Aug 25, 2018.

1. tazzmaniac666

tazzmaniac666 Active Member

It shows him as a new forum member who only joined yesterday. Maybe he really is a newbie that is struggling to deal with plundering or maybe he is just a goober coming on here to complain.

I do think some of the long-timers with their snippy one line "suck it up responses" aren't helpful. Regardless of the original poster, there are certainly other players looking on these forums for help. It looks like at least one person gained some benefit from my post so that's good. Do any of the long-timers have anything useful to add to my suggestions?

2. heybo

heybo Well-Known Member

Point remains, it is a “social game” and those that embrace that and communicate with others will learn, much like the one poster who has benefitted. Those that don’t ask, thinking that this is candy crush or some other meager “point and click” game are doomed.

I’ll tell you, I started a new city (#5) and the newer worlds are the blind leading the blind! Mobile has made the game easier to access but loss of chat, no guild forum access, etc.... really hampers a new player even if they are active/interested/quizzical. Their only option is to come here or use the guild message thread. I’m surprised at how few do, end up complaining, and end up quitting quickly realizing what they’re in for...

3. tazzmaniac666

My eyes aren't good enough so mobile is a last resort for me. The game itself really doesn't provide a good learning experience for newbies. Being anti-social and analytical, I generally hack my way through it and do my own learning but I agree the social aspect is quite important with a complex game like FOE. Joining a good guild with helpful experienced players is very important to learning but that is somewhat of a crap shoot if you're a newbie. Really joining multiple guilds is helpful to learning. My main city guild is good but it was my 2nd world guild where I learned about recurring quests and the usefulness of the extra turn boost.

4. Elric.1

Elric.1 New Member

thanks for all that good info. i'm in the IA one point from have the mil. tact research done and trying to learn about this before entering the twilight zone.

5. tazzmaniac666

Make sure to set your defense after you research it and then reset your defense every time you go up an age.