• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Possible GE 5 Structure

mamboking053

Seems like it would be easier to propose something here first as most of the time I- and maybe others- don't really see the flaws in their idea until they are pointed out.

It seems like GE isn't really challenging to most people because most people will scale themselves out of it's difficulty. Trying to make GE more difficult for the hyper-leveled with make it impossible for the average player. I figured one way to solve might be to have a GE stage where the players combat stats are not applied to the battles, but this would still solve the mediocrity of the fights as being just...more of the same.

1. Maybe GE 5 is not about combat and is not designed to be able to win every week. Instead- in a sort of Indiana Jones-ish way- the last stage is a series of puzzles. (sort of like the event game for the Piazza set, but more of a puzzle than that) Not negotiations, necessarily, but actual puzzles. Solving puzzles gets you further toward the last puzzle which would be very challenging. If you win this puzzle, you get a chance for something- whatever it is that they decide.

Ideas for puzzles can be a variety of things like "spot the difference between two pictures" or "with these specific number of tools, work your way out of the maze", etc.

I guess it wouldn't be an Inno game without a diamond alternative, but I'm guessing the rewards for GE5 would better than GE4 so I would say that it would cost more to use diamonds to get help and that the cost rises for the last puzzle proportional to the prize awarded.

I also thought about puzzle-battles...or maybe battles that did not incorporate the combat bonuses of the player to emphasize skill over blunt power-scaling, but I felt that battles are fairly standard and once one person figures it out, they will tell others how to beat it and then it will be easy again. Puzzles can be hard...and they can be FUN. I would suggest creating 50 or a hundred different puzzles and using a certain amount- like 10- each week so every week is something new and fresh.

UBERhelp1

While interesting, that kind of is a massive change from the previous levels of GE.

Also, the puzzles would have to be different for everyone, otherwise there would be guides for all the solutions.

And for the prizes to be worthwhile for the scale-up, we'd be talking better than event prizes. It just isn't feasible. If you want something more to do, wait for GBG to come out.

DeletedUser

I think Guild Battlegrounds will fill some of the need you are trying to address with this idea.

Algona

Good topic for discussion.

I agree that 'tougher' combat is not the solution. Folk will just add levels to combat GBs.

UBER nails the problem with puzzles, it's the fundamental reason we have Negotaitions.

Tougher Negotiation is possible I suppose? Do people want to do tougher negotiations? Some other form of inginitely mutable puzzles that are tough to solve?

It does leave the question of how to make GE 5 actually difficult in a time when many 'challeges' can be solved by powering one or more GBs.

I suspect the real problem with GE5. The same result as GE IV. We all welcomed the other prizes but eventually became jaded with most of them.

It seems like GE isn't really challenging to most people because most people

Most people? Look at GEC standings. Most people don't do GE at all.

I agree that anyone that commits to solving 64 Encounters can learn to do so. Most people don't bother though.

Agent327

If this was typed bad it would be labelled as a crackpot idea. Good typing does not make it any better.

Jern2017

With all the events and the upcoming Battlegrounds, I wouldn't like to see yet another feature added to this game.

Maybe a bonus difficulty that can only be unlocked once a month featuring hidden units with very high attack and boosts that only reveal their types once you start a battle and shuffle if you surrender. They'd also have a certain % of possibility they make a critical hit on your units. For negotiating, FPs could be one of the resources you'd have to use.

qaccy

Inno's not really in the business of adding on to existing features. Once something's released, that's pretty much it, and it's on to something new for them. GE did get a couple of additions post-release, but that ship has long since sailed.

Algona

Can't buy or win or carry over attempts in lvl 5.

Defense gets the same AO and Kraken lvls you have.

Three wave (or more?) defenses.

If you lose an Encounter you are done.

Inno's not really in the business of adding on to existing features.

You mean like adding new Eras? New levels for already existing Special Event Buildings? Modifying Seasonal Events? The scoop all function on Reconstruction? More Cultural Settlement types?

I like how you dismiss GE changes. I guess you;d have to though if you are trying to argue INNO does not add on to existing features.

May 16 GE Annonced.
Jun 16 Negotiations
Jul !6 ToR
Sep 16 GEC
Feb 17 GE IV and new Rewards

Negotiations was past of the original announcement. Was ToR part of the original planning? Probably, although not mentioned in the original announcement. GEC? Maybe, the GEC Announcement is not clear. GE IV and new Rewards? Doubtful.

Last edited:

Dido 815 the Scourge

Instead of adding another level, why not reward players for consistency with & extra bonus similar to when you complete 7 Daily Challenges? For GE, maybe it’s complete Level 4 for 4 consecutive weeks & you get a prize (

The prizes could be a duplicate of 1 of the better/best Level 4 prizes (100 FPs? 100 diamonds? Etc.) similar to how the Daily Challenge bonus works. The prize is the reward for being an active, regular GE player. Perhaps this would encourage more GE participation on a more consistent basis.

Just a thought...

PS: this would probably be fairly easy for the devs to add since the process already exists within the game.

Super Catanian

Instead of adding another level, why not reward players for consistency with & extra bonus similar to when you complete 7 Daily Challenges? For GE, maybe it’s complete Level 4 for 4 consecutive weeks & you get a prize (

The prizes could be a duplicate of 1 of the better/best Level 4 prizes (100 FPs? 100 diamonds? Etc.) similar to how the Daily Challenge bonus works. The prize is the reward for being an active, regular GE player. Perhaps this would encourage more GE participation on a more consistent basis.

Just a thought...

PS: this would probably be fairly easy for the devs to add since the process already exists within the game.
I like where this is going.

DeletedUser

Just a thought...

Really like this suggestion: adds a bit of a challenge and opportunity for a nice reward, simple and rather elegant solution to spicing up GE a bit.
Maybe one rare bonus prize could be a few gemstones for use in the Antiques dealer, since so much of the stuff won in GE will go straight to auction.......

Super Catanian

Maybe one rare bonus prize could be a few gemstones for use in the Antiques dealer, since so much of the stuff won in GE will go straight to auction.......
But the Antiques Dealer is not available in the Iron Age, where campers live. They will have no use for Gemstones then.

DeletedUser

But the Antiques Dealer is not available in the Iron Age, where campers live. They will have no use for Gemstones then.
yep, but maybe it'll help motivate them to advance quicker ;)
Though GE already takes into account the player's era, so I don't think it would be that difficult. But really was just a random late night thought, no real vested interest in it.
Don't want to distract from the really good suggestion made by @Dido 815 the Scourge which deserves a serious discussion.