• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Possible GE 5 Structure

Agent327

Instead of adding another level, why not reward players for consistency with & extra bonus similar to when you complete 7 Daily Challenges? For GE, maybe it’s complete Level 4 for 4 consecutive weeks & you get a prize (

The prizes could be a duplicate of 1 of the better/best Level 4 prizes (100 FPs? 100 diamonds? Etc.) similar to how the Daily Challenge bonus works. The prize is the reward for being an active, regular GE player. Perhaps this would encourage more GE participation on a more consistent basis.

Just a thought...

PS: this would probably be fairly easy for the devs to add since the process already exists within the game.

Why?

Don't you already get enough rewards? Why does it always have to be more? Raise your Tempel if you want more rewards from GE.

DeletedUser27979

GE Level V ???
It is already more than enough GE Levels for people that have other things to do in life.
Guilds would fail because members have to work to pay the rent etc. rather than spend all day on this one game. They will just stop playing the game.

Would be nice to see better admin tools available, editing tools in the guild message board etc., full lists sorting in the Market (sort by player or trade quantity etc.). Too much of the basics need a overhaul rather than keep adding new features to the game. Why do the NPC trades break the Trade Ratio Rule and why do they even exist ?
Why cant I add All Friends to a message with one click like I can with Guild Members ?
It takes too long to add each Friend on the Friends List to a message manually. Too much work when just one click could do that saving time and wear on the hardware.

GE Level V... no thanks. Many players don't even have the time to do Level IV (and the payouts are terrible for the effort / cost put in to even do IV)

RazorbackPirate

Why cant I add All Friends to a message with one click like I can with Guild Members ?
It takes too long to add each Friend on the Friends List to a message manually. Too much work when just one click could do that saving time and wear on the hardware.
Because the recipients of your group emails don't want it to be easier for you to send them. It is supposed to be difficult for you to Spam other players.

DeletedUser27979

Because the recipients of your group emails don't want it to be easier for you to send them. It is supposed to be difficult for you to Spam other players.

The easiest way to deal with spam is to just delete it rather than penalizing all players. Sometimes I need to send a message to all Friends about GB's or if I need to go offline for a while etc. I don't see why everybody should be punished for the actions of a tiny minority.

DeletedUser

Let's get back on the topic, which is GE 5, not messages. Start a different thread if you want to discuss that.

DeletedUser32973

Poor thinkery. The folks who would do lvl 5 are the folks INNO wants in the game, the folks who play a lot and try to be on the top of the game.

BTW, if a player is spending more then 15 minutes on GE each day and can't finish 64 Encounters in 6 days they are doing something seriously wrong.

Oh come on, I think you mean a relatively serious player, at least as far as FoE goes. Most people have trouble completing 48 encounters.

I really don't think we need another level in GE. I think it would be especially problematic in the most current ages. At some point I think they need to update the rewards, however. The quality of event prizes are leaving GE prizes in the dust. Yes, GE prize quality was always a little behind, but the gap is starting to get so large that the only prize of any value is the FP (and diamonds of course). I suppose the antique dealer has kinda mitigated the prize issue in GE, however.

The vast difference in GE5 that the OP has proposed in comparison to the rest of the levels might as well make it a new feature. So I'm not up for that solution either. I think battle grounds were mentioned in this thread, which is what we should be waiting on before any serious changes or additions are made to GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Falconwing

I know this will be unpopular, but GE is complete the way it is. It's a way to gain prizes that are good, but not Event good. Adding a level 5 of any type just isn't needed, especially if it's completely different in game play. The new Antique Dealer has even breathed a little life back into it for players who easily beat GE every week but don't want to advance in Ages.

Algona

I think it would be especially problematic in the most current ages. At some point I think they need to update the rewards, however. The quality of event prizes are leaving GE prizes in the dust. Yes, GE prize quality was always a little behind, but the gap is starting to get so large that the only prize of any value is the FP (and diamonds of course).

Of course most players don't fo 64. Nor do they power GBs, do GvG, advance in Era, finish Events, finish DCs, build good cities. Why bother adding GBG? Most players won;t participate.

You want INNO to limit game growth because so many players are bad.

You want better GE Rewards without making GE more difficult.

You dismiss current GE Rewards without considering just how useful they are to any but advanced cities.

Global view: Some game aspects that are nearly worthless to advanced players can be decisive to intermediate and beginning players.

INNO does a fine job of assuring that players at all stages of the game have productive oprions, but that doesn't mean that all oprions are suitable for all stages of players.

It's those folk at the bleeding edge of the game, the big coiners, the RP chasers, the GvG fanatics, the GE 64 Guilds, that INNO needs to keep appealing to.

And I think they do. But GE lvl 5? A GE that is a serious challenge to the very best players? INNO would rake it in and those folk who really want the challenge would revel in it.

DeletedUser29646

I like the idea of having a GE 5, also dont mind the idea of having only 16 attempts.
But for the rewards to be worth it, I would suggest a 50 diamonds and or 50fp reward for first temple, 75/75 for 2nd temple 100/100 for 3rd and 4th temple.

Dido 815 the Scourge

Apologies if this seems repetitive...

I still believe we do not need to add an additional level of GE to complete. Instead, we should reward players for regular, consistent, & (hopefully) more participation in the existing GE. The reward could/should be similar to the bonus received after completing 7 daily challenges (e.g. complete level 4 of GE 4 weeks consecutively = reward).

In the case of DCs, you can miss 1 and not be penalized. With GE, perhaps if you miss a week, you lose your progress towards the reward.

Just think an option to remedy GE boredom & lack of participation could be something simpler than an additional level & perhaps more realistic for the devs to implement sooner rather than later.

UBERhelp1

Maybe something (to fit with the theme) like map fragments that you can get from level IV of GE that will eventually be able to be assembled and they give you some kind of random reward. That means that the more you play consistently, the more you get, but at the same time it isn't over powered.

Algona

Instead, we should reward players for regular, consistent, & (hopefully) more participation in the existing GE.

If the current prizes including the perspective of hundreds of Diamonds per week don't drive players to do 64 now, consistency prizes won't either.

GE V would not be something to motivate players who aren't doing 64 now, it's to give the consistent 64 players more to do, an actual challenge.

Over the last 20 months I have not completed 64 twice.

Pretty sure I'm not unique in that.

Any reward for consistency would eventually become another commonplace prize in the exact way that every other GE Special Building eventually becomes AD fodder.

Vger

Over the last 20 months I have not completed 64 twice.
So only once then?

Pretty sure I'm not unique in that.
I think not completing 64 even once in 20 months is very common, yes.

Any reward for consistency would eventually become another commonplace prize in the exact way that every other GE Special Building eventually becomes AD fodder.
But is that really a good reason to never add anything new? What if it took 6 months or a year or even longer to get the new shiny thing? Would you not care just because you will eventually get a second one that will just be AD fodder?

Maybe something (to fit with the theme) like map fragments that you can get from level IV of GE that will eventually be able to be assembled and they give you some kind of random reward. That means that the more you play consistently, the more you get, but at the same time it isn't over powered.
I really like this idea. Needs fleshing out, but I like it. Maybe a GE themed upgradeable building (Like a totem pole. Each tier looks a bit like a face of the ancients.) But you can only get an upgrade fragment by finishing 64. Not sure if it's a given or RNG based. But it should take a long time, and have a payout at higher levels that makes everyone lust after it.

Algona

But is that really a good reason to never add anything new?

'New'. Delightfully ambiguous. New as in better? New as in different? New as in, well, what do you mean by new? Answer that and I can try to answer your question.

Why do yo want 'new' prizes for something that hasn't changed in years?