• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Possible to change Player Name?

DeletedUser37320

Hello, I have had two members of the Guild I'm in ask me the same question: How they can change their Player Name?

Both are relatively early in the game, in Iron Age now, but they still have invested some time to get there.

I suspect their only choice is to delete their account and start all over, but maybe not ...

So does anyone know a legitimate way they could change their player name?

If it isn't possible, I imagine the main reason would be because of bad actors offering fps for goods trades and then not delivering. They deserve the bad rep they would get, and shouldn't be allowed to hide behind new names and then continue doing that to even more players.

But maybe there's a way for someone fairly new and still early in the game?

Thanks!

DeletedUser31440

2 ways I've seen a name change occur in game:

1. The name is inappropriate, another player complains to Inno, and then name change is forced.
2. Tell Inno that someone found out your RL details and has been messing with you outside the game. Ask to change in-game names to be able to avoid said player and make them think you quit the game.

DeletedUser37320

Ok ... they have to lie. That stinks, but I understand why Inno would (and should) make it difficult. Thank you!

DeletedUser31440

You could always just try honesty, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Worst they'll do is tell you to go pack sand.

DeletedUser37320

It's not me, LOL. I like mine. Don't know why the two don't like their names, but that's up to them.

And I suppose they could try the truth, and be struck with it if Inno says no. *Shrug* Oh well ... it's their choice. Thanks again!

DeletedUser31592

There is a 3rd reason- they didn't know they could choose their name and are stuck with something like guest66541651654 or "Cleo the Proud 542".

DeletedUser36624

There is a 3rd reason- they didn't know they could choose their name and are stuck with something like guest66541651654 or "Cleo the Proud 542".
My ears are burning.

I tried out the game in a moment of boredom, not expecting that I would want to continue. I've seen so many ads for it on other games, but it didn't look like something I'd be interested in. So I just took the default name it suggested, thinking I could change it later if necessary. This is the first game I've played where you can't change your name. I understand why, as it would allow people to get away with bad behavior and then duck the consequences.

DeletedUser31592

I had it backwards, lol. What I get for not looking. The number isn't last. "Cleo 542 to Proud" or any variation of "Name Number the Superlative". Like @Roxana 1184 the Wise ;)

Kranyar the Mysterious

Even worse... I helped my nephew set up an account recently, and when he signed to in to create his account via Google like he does for all mobile games, he wasn't even offered a choice of name, just assigned one.