• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Photography] Potential design....

DeletedUser4846

So I have a program called Wings3D and it is a basic model editing software. Anyway, I am going to start a build on a new weapon. I was thinking a warhammer or maybe a battle axe. I just wanted some opinions and thoughts on the direction I should go with the project. Its always nice to get another perspective on something. Opinions would be awesome and so would any pictures that could give me that potential inspiration.

DeletedUser

Keep in mind: If you want to go for realistic looks it's important to know that both the battle axe AND the warhammer had pretty small (as in: COMPLETELY unlike in W.O.W. or any other fantasy-game) heads.
Especially the warhammer looks "puny" to the fantasy-geek. That thing was designed to punch through armour; not squash an opponent.
And big heads make for unwieldy weapons to boot.

Battle-Axes have come in different shapes, but roughly boil down to two types: "vertical" battle-axes (Like the usual lumberjacks' gear) and "Horizontal" axes, where the cutting edge of the blade is at a (roughly) 90degree angle to the handle. Kinda like a hoe. Old egyptian battle-axes were like this.
The "vertical" axes were more likely to be found "double-headed", btw.

Btw.- Funny to know Wings3D still exists; I used to play around with it a little some ten years back.(if not longer ago; I don't recall exactly..)

Last edited by a moderator: