• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pre-Winter Contest!

Which building design do you prefer?

• Baker's Stand

Votes: 29 74.4%
  • Fisherrman's Stand

Votes: 10 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser4770

prewinter_contest_logo.png

Dear Queens and Kings,

Thank you for being interested in our little contest! :)

How to take part
It’s really easy to take part in our contest. First, you’ll need a forum account. Once you’ve registered, you can post on our forum and enter the contest. In order to do so, we want you to first take a look at the following picture and decide which of the presented buildings you like more:

prewinter_bakers_fishermans_stand.jpg

Once you've decided:
1. Vote in the poll attached to this post.
2. Create a new post below linking to a YouTube music video that makes you feel 'wintery' (the first post below is an example).
3. Explain why it makes you feel that way in your post :).
4. Make sure to not duplicate someone else's entry!

When the voting is over
We will summarize votes from all the language version of Forge of Empires and the one with the most votes will be implemented for the Winter event.
All the players who took part in voting and posted a music video as explained above will also enter a draw. We will then randomly choose one entry (per language version) to receive the building on the very first day of the Winter event :).
We will also randomly select ten other players who will receive a prize of 200 Diamonds each (rewards can not be donated to other players).
Players who vote in the poll, but choose not to post a music entry would not be entered into the reward draw.
Please be careful to not break any forum rules while posting. Inappropriate entries will be excluded from the draw.

The voting will end on Monday. We will announce the results as well as the winners next week.

Please place your entries directly in this thread, by Monday 5:30 PM :).
If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to ask them here.

Thank you! :)

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

Last edited by a moderator:

bomber9530

Not the video exactly, but this is my favorite holiday song. Not only because of the song itself (which is absolutely amazing), but also because it is used for so many light shows (like the one in the video). Light shows are some of the best parts of the holidays in my opinion.

Praetorius

I remember seeing this back in the early 90s. This video is a treasure of my childhood. Had my favorite holiday song and always reminded me of the good old times and all of the holidays I shared with my family. sigh* They don't make em like this anymore.

DeletedUser

It's the winter event, Innogames doesn't acknowledge christmas. You win "festive" trees.
Reminding everyone during the seasonal event that FoE is still a war game...

Last edited by a moderator:

dragijovic

I like this song because this song is like a christmas magic and snow. And also when I hear I think about that christmas united whole world in one spirit of fun, family and peace. That is christmas for me, magic.

DeletedUser29623

Medieval music always feels Christmasy to me, and Anne Azema's performances of it are very pure and still, like a winter morning after the first heavy snow.

DeletedUser27889

I loved this song when I was a kid as an adult I recognize how incredibly annoying it is. My parents would let me listen to it on repeat and even got me the record when I was very young (aging myself here..) it's only when you're older that you can appreciate all the little things your parents did, and suffered through for your sake.

DeletedUser29295

Here is one of my favorite Chritmas songs: reminds me of how it was growing up, and how my children (and now grandchildren) act.

By the late Rich Mullins: "You Gotta Get Up (It's Christmas Morning)"

DeletedUser31247

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

We sing this one every year for a Christmas concert at my church. Of all the songs I've done over the years, this is my favorite. The harmonies are great and it has a hauntingly serene quality. It's just Winter to me.