• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Production Buildings, how many is too many?

Expletive Deleted

The question I would then have is if you store something as AD fodder, are you ever going to get something from the AD that's more efficient than what you'll be placing down?

Antiques Dealer usually only stocks 1 year+ old buildings. So if you don't have space to the point of cutting down on production buildings, will you ever be in a position where a 1 year old building is ever going to be of value in your city, keeping in mind it might take you a year to get all the pieces from the Antiques Dealer (making those Antique buildings potentially 2 year old buildings)?

If you're only going to have the occasional purchase of a Sentinel Outpost or Forge Points or whatever then you might not need that much income coming in of coins / gemstones anyway

Also a fair point. But as I said I have a habit of holding on to a bunch of old stuff. In the city in question I've got every GB available and still hold on to old things like maharaja palace and grand Bridge, to name just a couple of things that most people would call worthless. It is a matter if perspective at some point.
And there are some things the AD has I managed to miss during a brief hiatus so its a matter of time and luck before it does become redundant for sure. But I think there are one or two things floating in there I might still want.
As worthless as it is I want the golden crops.
Cutting back on production buildings is my way of saving some of my collectibles. It might not be the most efficient way to go but every way of playing makes some kind of sacrifice.

These ideas have definitely given me a lot to ponder and opened up more options for my next phases. Thanks to everyone for the good information.

Emberguard

old things like maharaja palace
Before you store things it’d be a good idea to check the price on the Official Wiki what it’d fetch compared to Store Building on a 24 hr breakdown, then deduct the value of the Store Building. Whatever remains is the difference in value between directly selling the Store Building and the building you’ll sell.

While the main building for the Indian Palace Set fetches 4,860 coins, depending on which piece you sell you might only be matching the Store Building in price at 2,030 coins

image0.png

Ebeondi Asi

i get rid of all the old stuff. If it is not as good or better than what I can add. I have friends who keep a lot of old stuff. They fear letting me ever 'help them' clean up LOL
I got rid of Maharaja sets long ago. no more SoK, no more Celtic set, no more Cherry Garden sets.Even have better stiuff than SoH
One person's trash is another persons priceless treasure.

I don't have nearly as many production buildings as you, but I would say 15 is my limit. (Also, either remove or upgrade outdated production buildings)