• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Promethium needed in GE4 for AF newbies?

Illusionator

I know that promethium is required for GE 4 negotiations in AF, so I was thinking: do you need it from the moment you hit AF or only once you have unlocked the tech for harbor (which is waaay down the tech tree)? Are newbies to AF basically stuck in GE 4 if they cant fight enemies with 200% boosts?

wolfhoundtoo

That is my understanding from my guildmates that went AF. It used to be all levels but as I recall people complained and they moved promethium to only being needed for GE4.

Illusionator

I opened a bug about this. It surely can't be 'by design' that new players to AF are penalized until they get all the way to harbor tech. Either they need to make it so promethium doesn't appear in negotiations until harbor is researched, or make the harbor tech one of the first tech's in the tree (or make promethium a tradable resource, which I doubt will happen).