Proposal Aborted

Discussion in 'Closed / Archived' started by Xepshunall, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xepshunall

Xepshunall Member

Proposal aborted.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019 at 11:12 AM
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Allready proposed multiple times.

- 1 for the same reason as before

3. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

I cull my Friends list every few months using the Town Hall history to determine the last time I was aided. This proposed info in the Tavern seems to be redundant, at least it would be for me. Especially considering there are players who will aid daily but don't bother with Taverns. -1.

4. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Event History, which is available through your Town Hall on both PC and mobile, will tell you when/if your friend last aided you or sat in your Tavern. You can filter it on both PC and mobile to only show only friends and further filter it to either social interactions (aiding) or friend events (Tavern sitting). On PC you can search your event history by player name. All of this goes back 5 days. So the only part of your proposal that would bring something new to the game is the part about when they last emptied their Tavern. That just doesn't seem a necessary piece of info to me. As @Graviton said, you can use the Event History every once in a while to determine whether your friends are aiding/Tavern sitting. You do this by aiding through the Event History, then going to your friends list. Anyone still eligible for aiding is someone who has not aided you in the last 5 days. You can then search your Event History to see if they Tavern sat in the last 5 days. (Tavern sitting is a decent, although not conclusive, indicator on the likelihood of them emptying their own Tavern. If they don't bother Tavern sitting, they may not bother with emptying their own very often, if at all.)

All in all, I don't see this as worth adding to the game.

5. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

We already have all the tools we need to properly tend to our friends list.

6. DevaCat

DevaCat Member

Well written, but topic should have been first searched.

Op knows fully how to use event history to find the info he needs -- he describes going thru "pages" looking for a name -- he just wants an easier way to "balance" his friendships.

All of us have to find ways to manage friends, and it can be onerous at times, but I find it likely that Inno designed it this way to encourage us to be, you know, social. If they wanted us to have a fast-cull mechanism, we'd probably have one already considering how often this comes up.

7. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

As the OP talks about going through "pages" looking for a name, it isn't at all clear that the OP knows how to use event history to best effect - that is, using filter options to search for a specific friend.

8. B1ackWo1f

B1ackWo1f Active Member

9. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

I know who my friends are. They are the people who I haven't cut from my friends list for not aiding or sitting in my tavern enough and/or not having something I want from them (such as goods via my Dynamic Tower). Simple. -1

RazorbackPirate and barra370804 like this.
  10. anyempire

anyempire Member

-1, for all reasons above. Devs have better things to spend their time on.

11. Kranyar the Mysterious

Kranyar the Mysterious Well-Known Member

Whether or not you are able to sit in a friend's tavern is often a poor way to judge a friend, because maybe you are the slow one getting to the tavern or maybe you only try when your friend is asleep and his tavern is full. Honestly I empty my own tavern often enough and have such a surplus of tavern silver that I really don't care if someone ever bothers to sit in my tavern. The only thing this proposal brings to the table is when the player last emptied their tavern, but if they haven't aided you in a week they probably haven't emptied their tavern, and if they haven't aided you in a week and you see their tavern emptied then they need to be unfriended anyways.

Stephen Longshanks likes this.
  12. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

-1 for reasons stated above.

13. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

For a "no bainer" this one is going great.

DreadfulCadillac and barra370804 like this.
  14. rawnie15

rawnie15 New Member

btw, how do you delete players from the invite friends list of 80 slots? i have been playing for over 5 years and i am sure a lot of players have quit the game but i have not found a way of deleting them.

15. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

On the PC, you find the player in your friends' list and click on their name. A menu pops up with an option to Remove as Friend.

16. True592

True592 Active Member

Sorry for off-topic, I would rather see the next: when I hover my mouse over avatar in the friend list, it'd would tell me when this player aided me (the last time).

17. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

You have Event History, plus a grip of filters. You want to know, do the work to find out.

18. Super Catanian

Super Catanian Well-Known Member

19. Xepshunall

Xepshunall Member

Thanks. Thats the most useful piece of information supplied here that I've read thus far.

20. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Such gracious gratitude.

It is great information.

But I'm not surprised that it's the most useful thing you've read on this forum.

You've been so preoccupied telling experienced players and forum users how you want things changed to suit you that you haven't taken the time to try asking for help.

Which your city and forum style so desperately need.

Now you're playing the forum game of hiding your ignorance by changing the thread title and deleting the Proposal?

As long as you continue to act the way you do, you'll continue to have to hope that good players will toss out occasional tidbits of good advice for you to scavenge,

Try legitimately asking for help, I promise you'll get it.

DevaCat likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.