Proposal: An option to submit a city as inactive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal
Give players an option to submit a city on their world as an inactive or abandoned city.

Current System
(if applicable)
There is no current system to submit a city as inactive or abandoned.

Details
Currently I have cities on my world where the city has not been updated in several months and the owner appears to have abandoned the city. I propose an option where we can submit that city to Inno as being inactive and/or abandoned. Marking a city as inactive or abandoned would, when the neighborhoods reset, remove it from the list of available cities. Additionally, after being on the inactive/abandoned city list for a period of 90 days, that city would be deleted and any FP donated to a GB would be returned to the original donor as an FP pack in their inventory.

If a player decides not to continue playing, many times they just abandon a city. This leads to inactive/abandoned cities being placed into neighborhoods and a lack of participation in the neighborhoods. Allowing a city to be tagged as an inactive/abandoned city would ensure that we have competitive neighborhoods.

Abuse Prevention
Inno can set it up as to where a city will not be able to be designated as inactive/abandoned unless it has been 30 days since the player logged into the city. Also, a player can be given an option to place a city in vacation mode, which will the option of the city being designated as an inactive/abandoned city. Finally, if a city has been recommended as inactive/abandoned and the owner is still playing, that tag of inactive/abandoned would be removed at login to the city by the player.

Visual Aids
None

Agent327

Do you know how the current system works????

Obviously not. Leaarn the game before you come up with these crackpot ideas.

lannister the rich

Players are able to delete their own cities and you don’t get the FP back then either. Once you spend your FP on a GB, you do not get them back, neither should you. You spent them, so reap your consequences.

Other than that, I don’t see a purpose to this proposal because it doesn't harm you to have a few inactive players in your neighborhood.

Graviton

Part of this (informing Inno when you find an apparently abandoned city) isn't a completely terrible idea, the problem being that you don't know what's inactive and what's not. Could be somebody on vacation or just away temporarily but who's planning to come back. So -1 on that part. The part about getting FPs back is a non-starter.

Agent327

You might consider educating them about them about how the current system works instead of just scolding them for not knowing. Otherwise, your crackpot response is no better than their crackpot idea.
He is playing long enough to know and if he wasn't he should find out before he comes with a crackpot idea.

UBERhelp1

So, basically if my friend goes on vacation for a bit, his city can be deleted because he was inactive for a short while and someone noticed and reported it? Nah. -1.

Graviton

So, basically if my friend goes on vacation for a bit, his city can be deleted because he was inactive for a short while and someone noticed and reported it? Nah. -1.
The proposal says 90 days so that's not exactly a short while, but still...we players don't know what's truly inactive and what's not, and Inno has already implemented a system to delete dead cities.

Godly Luke

The proposal says 90 days so that's not exactly a short while, but still...we players don't know what's truly inactive and what's not, and Inno has already implemented a system to delete dead cities.
Except! This is personal. One of our guild members has been away for almost a year checking in periodically because they have cancer and some of yall might know that cancer is tough and hard to beat and etc. Another reason why I do not like this feature.

RazorbackPirate

Forest for the trees people. The purpose of the proposal is not for Inno to delete inactive accounts, but to return the FPs stranded on GBs in those cities they consider inactive.

No, as many people will see this as an opportunity to try and remove enemies that are away temporarily for a week or two. It will also bog down the support system.
That is why I added the requirement that a city be inactive for at least 30 days, and the vacation mode option where a player could ensure that they would not be listed as abandoned/inactive.

Again, I have an option for vacation mode in my proposal that would allow you to avoid being tagged as inactive/abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.