• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal: Building Number Banner on Attached Units

DeletedUser36665

Hello,

This proposal is relevant for when you have more than one military building of the same type.

Just like we have the "unattached" unit banner,
Some times, an experienced player wants to know if some units of the same type are from the same building.
This is to disperse unit use among buildings so that I don't lose all the units from the same building at once (resulting in a longer recruitment process that cant be made in parallel).

So how about a nice colored banner with a number in it saying 1 for the first building you built of that type,
2 for the second,
and so on.

Now it is clear if units share the same "home" and shouldn't be put into battle together.

Thoughts?

DeletedUser34800

This has been previously proposed a number of times. Most recently on Oct 23. See:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...litary-buildings-and-units-within-them.23919/

No need for yet another proposal, I'm thinking?

Why not? Coming to the forums and just posting whatever you want is way easier than actually doing a search for the information. I mean, it's obvious that it's going to be an entirely new and unique idea that no one else has ever thought about right?

Agent327

Why not? Coming to the forums and just posting whatever you want is way easier than actually doing a search for the information. I mean, it's obvious that it's going to be an entirely new and unique idea that no one else has ever thought about right?

I totally agree. Every brainfart you have should be put here right away. No one here is smart enough to have ever thought of it before anyhow.

RazorbackPirate

Isn't this the kind of post you were discussing in another thread might be better left not posted? @hjh102's kinder, gentler approach accomplishes the same result.

With the same idea coming up over and over again (a good idea, at that), it would be nice to see it added to the game as the best way to keep it from coming up again. It's a nice little feature that would make recruiting units a bit easier. Will I live without it? Sure. If it can be easily accomplished, why not?

DeletedUser32389

See, if it's a good idea, I don't mind seeing it over and over. And this is a good idea.
I agree that if it's not on the DNSL then it's going to keep coming up. This seems like a simple and logical addition, I'm not surprised it's being brought up a lot.

Emberguard

The ability to delete units from the barracks screen accomplishes the same thing, really, and is preferable I think.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com...its-from-individual-military-buildings.24159/

Actually it's not preferable. If I'm putting units into battle I'd prefer to spread it out as evenly between barracks as possible so when the battle is over I'm more likely to be able to produce from each barracks. Sometimes a battle ends and I find out all my units were from the same barracks. Instead of training 2 units I can therefore only train 1, but the amount of units needed for battle are the same regardless of where they came from.

Agent327

Yes. Until they implement it or put it on the DNSL.

It actually is

Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

But hey, just continue like a five year old till you get your way. Rather funny though you berated those GvG fanatics for doing the exact same.

- KQ -

I agree that if it's not on the DNSL then it's going to keep coming up. This seems like a simple and logical addition, I'm not surprised it's being brought up a lot.

It definitely should be on the DNSL, because we all know how effective that is. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser32389

It definitely should be on the DNSL, because we all know how effective that is. :rolleyes:
It is in fact effective, we point to it when we're explaining the forum to new players. While it's true that most players don't read it until directed to, it doesn't mean it's not useful. I think it should be updated more, both to reflect changes they're thinking of implementing, and stuff we're all tired of hearing about

Emberguard

This is a list of proposals that are not to be suggested. This can be either because they have been suggested and declined in the past, have been ruled out by the developers, or they are already being worked on and it's best to see how they're delivered before giving any further ideas. Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

Do not suggest list

• Building rotation
  • Server Clock
  • Bronze Age, Arctic Future, or Oceanic Future in GvG
  • Any Unit Upgrades
  • Anything that is already available through Diamond purchase
  • Anything changing the production times for supplies, coin, units, etc.
  • Changes regarding Diamonds (costs of items and features, package prices, use of diamonds, etc.).
  • Suggestions to change size of Forge Point Bar (100+)
  • Trading between resources (supplies for coin, coin for medals, etc.)
  • Any proposal to alter, delete, or limit plundering
  • Additional expansions in any way
  • Ability to prioritize which buildings in your city you want aided first
  • Do not place a proposal up for voting of any kind
  • Other languages forbidden (must have English translation)
  • Bringing computer functions to mobile devices
  • Any improvements to Inno itself (staff and new servers)

@Lancer Am I correct in assuming what Agent quoted was explaining the list itself as to why an item is on it, not apart of the actual list?

This is what they quoted:
Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

In any case, if I were to look at that list the closest thing I can see is "Anything changing the production times for […] units"

Which this idea does not directly effect it, but in practice would be its purpose in as much as you could control the spread of unit production between different barracks instead of only one barracks being empty while tha others remain full if you're really unlucky

Edit: pretend those spoilers are one. The forums love to duplicate code in strange spots for some reason