• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal: Building Number Banner on Attached Units

DeletedUser

I did, but hey, can't really blame you for missing it. That happens a lot when you are so eager to start yet another argument.
Sorry, but what you quoted isn't part of the list. Here, let me help you with that.

"This is a list of proposals that are not to be suggested. This can be either because they have been suggested and declined in the past, have been ruled out by the developers, or they are already being worked on and it's best to see how they're delivered before giving any further ideas. Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

Do not suggest list"

As you can see, the list starts after what you quoted. Nice try. Not.

Agent327

Sorry, but what you quoted isn't part of the list. Here, let me help you with that.

"This is a list of proposals that are not to be suggested. This can be either because they have been suggested and declined in the past, have been ruled out by the developers, or they are already being worked on and it's best to see how they're delivered before giving any further ideas. Please also use the search feature before proposing anything, make sure what you are proposing is something new and hasn't been suggested before.

Do not suggest list"

As you can see, the list starts after what you quoted. Nice try. Not.

So because of that anything mentioned before the list should be ignored?

Nice try. Not.

DeletedUser32389

I think it should be updated more, both to reflect changes they're thinking of implementing, and stuff we're all tired of hearing about
It turns out they've made a few changes around here. The DNSL was updated in September, and I feel like the mods have done a better job at intervening to uphold policy. Thanks guys.

DeletedUser

It is part of what you are not supposed to suggest. Hard to understand, isn't it?
Not for me, but you seem to be having trouble with it for some reason. You claimed that the subject of this proposal was "on the DNSL", which it isn't.

Lancer

@Lancer Am I correct in assuming what Agent quoted was explaining the list itself as to why an item is on it, not apart of the actual list?

This is what they quoted:

In any case, if I were to look at that list the closest thing I can see is "Anything changing the production times for […] units"

Which this idea does not directly effect it, but in practice would be its purpose in as much as you could control the spread of unit production between different barracks instead of only one barracks being empty while tha others remain full if you're really unlucky

Edit: pretend those spoilers are one. The forums love to duplicate code in strange spots for some reason
I believe the quote was about checking previous proposals to see if this very same thing has been proposed before. It has.

DeletedUser8428

I believe the quote was about checking previous proposals to see if this very same thing has been proposed before. It has.
Pardon me if this going to start another round of snarkiness and snapping at each other like turtles, but ..

Although the DNSL contains a suggestion that players check previous proposals, it seems to me that there is not an actual ban on creating a new proposal to address something that was previously submitted. As we all know, submitting a proposal to Inno does not necessarily result in game inclusion and worse, the players never know if the idea was rejected or accepted.

Seems to me that, since the DNSL does not prohibit resubmission of an idea and players cannot know if the original idea was accepted ... there isn't any harm in re-submitting. HOWEVER I do think it's a good idea to confirm the original submission so we know what we're dealing with, and so that we can perhaps include in the new proposal a blurb that identifies this as a resubmission at the request of the players.

Just a thought.

Lancer

To be honest though the DNSL doesn't contain: a member cannot suggest a proposal that has already been done but in the verse before the actual list it is a suggestion to use the search bar to see if a similar proposal has been done. This is not something that is always done because , let's be honest, who's going to research all that far back. I do however, see your point

Agent327

Although the DNSL contains a suggestion that players check previous proposals, it seems to me that there is not an actual ban on creating a new proposal to address something that was previously submitted. As we all know, submitting a proposal to Inno does not necessarily result in game inclusion and worse, the players never know if the idea was rejected or accepted.

Seems to me that, since the DNSL does not prohibit resubmission of an idea and players cannot know if the original idea was accepted ... there isn't any harm in re-submitting. HOWEVER I do think it's a good idea to confirm the original submission so we know what we're dealing with, and so that we can perhaps include in the new proposal a blurb that identifies this as a resubmission at the request of the players.

You should have read the
Proposal Guidelines [READ BEFORE POSTING]

Another READ BEFORE POSTING

Proposal Guidelines

• Idea has not had a reply for 5 months, implying that there is lack of interest in it or it has become stale, in which case the person proposing it can start fresh, with an improved idea with the feedback they received.

Lancer

So the fact of the matter is: it is not against the rules to submit or create a proposal that has been already submitted. It is only suggested that to better the flow of proposals that have the chance to be submitted for vote and to prevent cluttering the proposal thread with proposals that have already been through the process, that you should use the search bar to research whether that topic has already been done. It would be nice to have an easier reference list that is more up-to-date for all the new members to the forum.

Agent327

So the fact of the matter is: it is not against the rules to submit or create a proposal that has been already submitted. It is only suggested that to better the flow of proposals that have the chance to be submitted for vote and to prevent cluttering the proposal thread with proposals that have already been through the process, that you should use the search bar to research whether that topic has already been done. It would be nice to have an easier reference list that is more up-to-date for all the new members to the forum.

It is if you read the entire part. Officially you are supposed to lock proposals that already have been submitted and are a repeat of those that are still recieving reactions. Only once there has not been a reaction for 5 months you can resubmit.

Now this is Forge Hall, so not Proposals, but once it goes there you are supposed to lock it.

I agree with you on an easier/better list, but that should be worldwide. Still tghink it is strange that what you are not allowed to bring as a proposal here, you can freely do on the international forum.

DeletedUser

It is if you read the entire part. Officially you are supposed to lock proposals that already have been submitted and are a repeat of those that are still recieving reactions. Only once there has not been a reaction for 5 months you can resubmit.

Now this is Forge Hall, so not Proposals, but once it goes there you are supposed to lock it.

I agree with you on an easier/better list, but that should be worldwide. Still tghink it is strange that what you are not allowed to bring as a proposal here, you can freely do on the international forum.
Good thing you're here to tell us all, including the mods, how things should be done. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser8428

You should have read the
Proposal Guidelines [READ BEFORE POSTING]

Another READ BEFORE POSTING

Proposal Guidelines

• Idea has not had a reply for 5 months, implying that there is lack of interest in it or it has become stale, in which case the person proposing it can start fresh, with an improved idea with the feedback they received.

Agent, I DID read the Proposal Guidelines and that's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about proposals that have already been submitted to Inno as approved by players. Once submitted, they disappear into the ether and the player base has no idea if Inno accepted the proposal or not.

And so, I think if players feel strongly about it, they should go ahead and submit another proposal. As above " Seems to me that, since the DNSL does not prohibit resubmission of an idea and players cannot know if the original idea was accepted ... there isn't any harm in re-submitting. "

RazorbackPirate

And so, I think if players feel strongly about it, they should go ahead and submit another proposal. As above " Seems to me that, since the DNSL does not prohibit resubmission of an idea and players cannot know if the original idea was accepted ... there isn't any harm in re-submitting. "
I agree. At any given moment the development team has a lot of competing priorities on it's plate. I see no problem letting them know it's still something players would like to see. Sometimes a specific proposal's acceptance is a timing thing as much as anything else. Software companies often use 'frequency of request' as an internal ranking marker to help determine feature priority. Nothing wrong with repeated reminders.