Proposal: Filter Recurring Quests

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by Singleton06, Apr 12, 2018.

1. HQS cant join forum

HQS cant join forum Active Member

After so many "improvements to the quest interface" I don't see why this feature isn't here yet.

2. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Just from a pure business standpoint, why would INNO do this...? I'm pretty sure they know players diamond farm in GE IV and in multiple cities...Is giving diamonds away that much faster and more of them in their best interest...? The one thing that keeps me from adopting the HQ strat is the ENDLESS CLICKING.....a few here and there is fine but over and over ad infinitum would crush my spirit for the game. As for SJS's issues about auto battle and aid, they are moot points. The game was in a never ending cycle of crashing during peak play periods due to server demand in visiting cities and the aid button was the way to keep players aiding. The auto battle button is terribly inefficient and players need to enter the battle and hold back their main troop in dual battles or to protect upper age troops that can't be replaced and need a Traz or rogues hideout or four to even use the feature. Not to mention the thousands of fps required to build the military GBs to high enough levels to use the damn thing without mindless losses through AI idiocy. Meanwhile, HQers can use their strat day one in Bronze age with zero GBs and rise up quickly without aiding, motivation or fear of plunder. It's a good easy, viable,strategy, just takes time to gather the rewards.....this proposal seeks to cut through that time investment, so I will ask again....Why would INNO do this when their primary interest is keeping you online...?

3. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Well-Known Member

I can think of at least 2 recent ones. Maybe you missed them when you searched?

Salsuero likes this.
  4. sloppyjoeslayer

sloppyjoeslayer Well-Known Member

You all should delete your Arcs in protest.

5. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    [​IMG]

6. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

7. icarusethan

icarusethan Active Member

It’s happening and I’m all for it. So be sad and angry if you want to:) I’m gonna enjoy it

8. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Don't jump on that wagon yet...the update says it will investigate the existing nerf that occurred when they did the last update . You MAY get your original speed back to abort quests.....

9. Salsuero

Salsuero Well-Known Member

1 Town Hall Way, Salsueroville, Odhrorvar
    Yes, I did work hard on sniping in the beginning before I ever even had an Arc. I don't actually use the Arc as much as I could now just because I'm kinda bored of going after FPs. I have over 17k in stock to use on big rewards, but I honestly don't have the time to hunt for them anymore. I used to have a lot more free time than I do now. Life takes over sometimes.

Algona and RoyalAdnan like this.
  10. InfamousChan

InfamousChan Active Member

2000+ fps is not a big amount Adnan. I do not snipe. Not yet. My Arc is still low level. No diamond player. I got my fps from Treasure Hunt (when reward fps went to inventory), GE, fp contribution rewards with my swap partner.

Salsuero likes this.
  11. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    i wish i had more
    [​IMG]

12. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari Staff Staff Member Co-Community Manager

While I am certain it would be nice to skip the quests you will never do, there is something you may not realize in the item proposed here. Say you have put some of the recurring quests on your personal Do Not Show Again list. Every time you complete a quest, a query to the server will have to be performed to see if it can show you the next quest in the chain. While this single query might only take milliseconds for the server to find the right database and give a go or no-go to it you must translate that across the many thousands of players and numbers of quests. These queries are not large complex things, simple can I or cant I checks. However, even the littlest thing takes server time. So, this would increase server lag in the hopes of a little extra convenience. I vote no personally.

13. RoyalAdnan

RoyalAdnan Active Member

Worlds:
    Rugnir
    @Sgt. Bothari Why not make it look as Daily Challenge (DC) thing as list.
    Recurring Quests do not change per age. it is the same thing over and over.
    instead of aborting, it finishes more RQs simultaneously as DCs do.
    and rewards pop up as u finish them . .
    if u complete 2 RQs, u get 2 rewards; collect one after the other.
    Would it make any difference then?

14. sloppyjoeslayer

Oh you gotta be kidding lol, you are really reaching here.

This issue, makes me crazy like bonkers:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The madness just grows by the comment I tell ya, people just looking for the opposite to argue in order to argue. What is with you naysayers insisting on keeping "Abort Quest" for recurring quests? It is not an integral part of gameplay, it's not "scripting" by allowing players to remove them, you still have to do what's required for the quests you do, and jesus h christ in heaven the world is crazy if you think this would break the game.

Oh, and, let's add a bunch of "Abort Quests" in the middle of every DC quest and Event quest, maybe then we'll get some action on this in the right direction.

15. Salsuero

In fact, yes it is... unless you want people to just rape the system.

I run these at collection and there's no work to them at all, whatsoever.

So just filter to the UBQ and run that over and over and over, generating a TON of FP packs and goods, while generating enough coins and supplies to cover most of what you spend with a decent level Château... not to mention the folks with super high Châteaus. Well, that makes life super easy. Having to click 8-10 times to run that is enough of a deterrent that most people don't just sit there running endless loops of it. But if I could run it 8-10 times in the same amount of clicks as it takes to run it just once now, that would certainly make it more enticing. Guess what gets leveled up to the stratosphere next... the Château!

Quit whining. There's nothing wrong with the way it works now. You gotta put in a little extra clicking work for the virtual freebies! The recurring quests are super simple to do. The real effort is in the clicking. Boohoo!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 1:39 PM
  16. sloppyjoeslayer

Pure madness, using abort quests as a deterrent, yeah I'm sure that was the intended design and no it doesn't stop me so it makes no difference other than it's tedious and an unnecessary part to the game. You pro abort quest guys are the whiners everytime this issue gets brought up here ya comawhinypoutyface with a bunch of silly nonsensical reasons to keep things as is, all we anti abort quest guys want is a something that makes sense. Meanwhile every other aspect of the game gets smoother, streamlined, less clicky etc.

Run UBQ over and over again, pfft, endless loops lol, k
    ubq.PNG

17. ShadowWarload

ShadowWarload New Member

This will only happen if implemented incorrectly. The correct way to implement it is:
    1. Save the Do not show list in the server.
    2. Load the list during 1st load
    3. Only request for those quest from the server which is not in the Do Not Show list.
    It will be even more efficient than now as it will cause 6x less server call from a FE player if he does only one type of recurring quest.

So now I hope you will change your vote to a Big Yes :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018 at 4:59 PM
  18. Sgt. Bothari

Sgt. Bothari Staff Staff Member Co-Community Manager

This is why I am not a programmer. I call it like I see it, anything that puts extra load on server= bad. Your explanation makes sense. HOWEVER..I still oppose the proposal on the basis of potential Chateau/recurring quest abuse/exploitation.

19. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

How about we have up to 100 recurring quests autocomplete when I sign in each day?

InfamousChan and Salsuero like this.
  20. Salsuero

...to you. You're only advocating for one side of this coin. It doesn't make sense at all to me. I'm on the other side of the coin. I understand what you want and why you want it. I'm not in favor of making it super simple to game the system. You don't have to agree... that's why you're on the other side of the coin. But don't pretend that your way is the "right" way. It's just a different way. And since the way it is now works just fine, but your way would introduce an avenue for major abuse... I'm a no.

InfamousChan and Sgt. Bothari like this.