Proposal for Inno to Fix its Shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda the first

I believe I'm in the scary scary minority here but GVG and lag issues aside this server completely down issue is fairly new. It's only been the last week or so where the game has been unplayable. Granted there are much longer standing players than me here but in the 11 months I've been playing I don't recall being unable to play.

Anything going over a network is going to have issues from time to time. In the past year I've experienced more down time with Netflix, a completely paid for service, than I have with FOE.

It doesn't seem as though they are ignoring the problem either. I can't support everything inno does but this is something new. I understand the frustration and thinking that if some players were able to get on they were given an advantage and the whole thing should have been taken offline, but they most likely had no idea how long it was going to be down for and was focused on bringing it back up.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to be frustrated or point towards the GVG issues and lag and wave their fingers that inno should have seen this coming. All I am saying is that sometimes, shit happens.

empires1999

I believe I'm in the scary scary minority here but GVG and lag issues aside this server completely down issue is fairly new. It's only been the last week or so where the game has been unplayable. Granted there are much longer standing players than me here but in the 11 months I've been playing I don't recall being unable to play.

Anything going over a network is going to have issues from time to time. In the past year I've experienced more down time with Netflix, a completely paid for service, than I have with FOE.

It doesn't seem as though they are ignoring the problem either. I can't support everything inno does but this is something new. I understand the frustration and thinking that if some players were able to get on they were given an advantage and the whole thing should have been taken offline, but they most likely had no idea how long it was going to be down for and was focused on bringing it back up.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to be frustrated or point towards the GVG issues and lag and wave their fingers that inno should have seen this coming. All I am saying is that sometimes, shit happens.
I completely disagree. If I have a product that works well and starts breaking down-I get it fixed. I dont sit there going well it never broke down before so its ok if it only works half the time now.
If Netflix sucks like u say why do u keep paying for the service? I had Roku- keeps rebuffering. Websites show its a common problem. If the company doesnt care about their product why support it? I no longer have Roku.
this game has crashed twice in a little over a week and the crashes were for a long time. And its been lagging. Fine fix it. dont just keep going down and telling/doing nothing because people like you will accept a substandard product. The game has time based actions-we need to get in and keeping a computer running isnt hard.
please dont come in here telling us to lower the bar and start accepting a substandard product. Maybe if the company kept us informed of the problem and their actions people would be more understanding. But we hear nothing.

Oskie66

You have my support on this proposal. Can't help but mention after they resolve the server down problem GvG, should be # 1 priority. lag lag lag Been a problem for months ! Hold off on all these cosmetic changes and silly ancillary stuff. Fix the basics.

Last edited:

empires1999

today I can go into battles and am able the pieces but then they freeze (wont fire). I can go to another piece and move it but again it wont fire-just freezes. logged off and on-rejoined the battle and it went back to before my moves but same thing-they move but no action. logged off/on again-same thing. Had to retreat Anyone else having problems in battles now?

Mucka Smash

today I can go into battles and am able the pieces but then they freeze (wont fire). I can go to another piece and move it but again it wont fire-just freezes. logged off and on-rejoined the battle and it went back to before my moves but same thing-they move but no action. logged off/on again-same thing. Had to retreat Anyone else having problems in battles now?
I have heard people attempting to visit taverns are seeing their game freeze, but have not hear anything about battles.

Irtehlegend

GVG has been trash for months and just continues to get worse. Inno lets take it back to basics here before you add more worlds and more content get the things you have now fixed. Your losing tons of players every week because of basic systems that used to work that now are not working or due to content change that has made the game no fun any longer. This isn't a hard concept people have spent years on here building up a city and there worst enemy isn't other players its the game itself.

I support this proposal 100% Please fix the basics before you add 20 more useless events with junk prizes

Hogustus

Gee Mucka - quit beating around the bush and tell us what you really think.
This might be the best proposal I've seen in the Forum. I agree wholeheartedly.

Kinkyred

Stop adding new things and fix the problems. Its like so many other games, they want to add new things and never will fix what is not working. Trying to make people see all these great things they have added, maybe they will forget all the problems going on. Now I cant even get in GE, when I do 1 thing I have to refresh because they game won't keep going. Please fix the problems.

Lordstevie

Sadly, in order for them to fix the game, they have to admit there is a problem and/or issue. Do you really think the arrogant "so called" developers can actually admit that the game crashes, goes down, has bugs and even that anything is wrong. NO. They always say it is your browser or flash that is the answer, never them and them being cheap to fix the servers. The gateway issue of last night effected half of our guild and many were upset and angry. DO you even see them saying sorry about that or that there was an issue.? LOL. RIGHT. Like they would say they did anything wrong. NOPE.

The game is broken and the lag is horrible, but let's implement new crap to take away you being frustrated by not being able to log on and hurt your game. Was there even a note of sorry there was an outage and even in the last game I played, when the server went down, they issued a statement and said sorry. They gave us something to try to make up for it and it was at the very least nice of them. Now this game and company could care less. I have NEVER seen such arrogance in my entire life and a company who does not care at all about their players. Just remember, the joke is on them, they lose people/players and then they have no game. While we all get screwed in the process. I have said this many times that the game is broken and that the Developers and People in charge are INEPT, period and end of story. The real question is, do they even care at all.?

We will see if any real changes are made. If it is business as usual and they bury their heads in the sand until this blows over, then you know how truly inept they are. The sad part is, top players who spend money on the game, are leaving in droves and the costs to get new players to make up for those players, GOOD LUCK with that. The internet is a funny thing, once you get a bad reputation and people see this type of stuff here, do you really think that inspires them to spend money on the game. NO, it does not. But your arrogance thinks you know best, LOL. The joke is on you, keep collecting your paychecks you inept developers, soon you will find yourself answering for questions you don't want to or can't answer. FIX THIS GAME, period and end of story. This crap content you think is good for the game is killing the game, PLAY THE GAME and see for yourself what us players really want. We want an ERROR (nearly) FREE GAME to play, to enjoy and have fun. Once it becomes no longer fun, that's when we leave and guess what, NO MORE MONEY. The person who created this proposal spent thousands of dollars here, notice anything.? Or are you too arrogant to put 2+2 together to equal 4. This means, you will need to find about 5-10 people to replace that 1 players, DUH. What a bunch of idiots over there running this game. You are making history, once bad foolish step at a time, a new low for the game. NO and Lack of communication is something that will kill your game. A "free" event with junk in it, might deter new players but any player with experience smells what is going on and see's your real motives. Nice try, but an EPIC FAIL.

Steve - LordStevie

Last edited:

jaelis

Sadly, in order for them to fix the game, they have to admit there is a problem and/or issue. Do you really think the arrogant "so called" developers can actually admit that the game crashes, goes down, has bugs and even that anything is wrong. NO. They always say it is your bowser or flash that is the answer, never them and them being cheap to fix the servers. The gateway issue of last night effected half of our guild and many were upset and angry. DO you even see them saying sorry about that or that there was an issue.? LOL. RIGHT. Like they would say they did anything wrong. NOPE.
Come on, there's plenty to ding Inno for without making things up.

Apology and statement that there was an issue:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gateway-error-code.16438/#post-130190

Mucka Smash

Come on, there's plenty to ding Inno for without making things up.

Apology and statement that there was an issue:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/gateway-error-code.16438/#post-130190
Jaelis - you know I respect you and if you don't know that, please accept that I do. However, go to the first post in the thread you just linked:

"Hello,

We are currently aware of what is happening with the game, currently, and players being unable to sign in. The developers have been made aware, and are working as fast as they can to resolve this. If you are having issues getting on, please clear your cache, and try changing browsers. Please try logging on every 5 minutes. Thank you for your understanding."

That was the absolute, last straw for me. That is an insult, and the marching orders Inno gave the player mods to post on the forum. And to top it off ... the same problem is happening today. Some can access various worlds and others cannot. The solution ... oh yeah, clear my cache, change my browser and try back in 5 minutes. How about while I am troubleshooting this problem, I also check the damn power chord ...

If this is planned as some form of migration, then shut down the damn site for maintenance. Do not create an environment where some can access a world, while others cannot.

As for an apology ... There is an announcement feature for every player to see ... they had no problem pimping their 'new' event (which is the soccer event programming with face lift) ... but fail to provide (1) an explanation as to what is happening; (2) a time frame for it to be fixed; (3) an apology for it occurring. And that does not even begin to touch the GvG lag that has COMPLETELY broken GvG for the highly competitive players ... and as for the new event, it is draining my flash at an even faster rate ... I know the solution though ... clear my cache, change my browser and try back in 5 minutes ...

You would not accept this level of customer service in any other service industry. No one does.

Lucifer1904

jaelis

Jaelis - you know I respect you and if you don't know that, please accept that I do. However, go to the first post in the thread you just linked:

"Hello,

We are currently aware of what is happening with the game, currently, and players being unable to sign in. The developers have been made aware, and are working as fast as they can to resolve this. If you are having issues getting on, please clear your cache, and try changing browsers. Please try logging on every 5 minutes. Thank you for your understanding."
Why is that insulting to you? It acknowledges there is a problem, and says the best thing to do on your end. It would be annoying for the game to come up and you can't load it because your cache is corrupted. And it suggests that the problem shouldn't take too long to fix. That last bit was wrong, and I'll fault Inno for that as much as anyone. But here's an example of providing what information we have. Which is what people were saying wasn't happening.

You would not accept this level of customer service in any other service industry. No one does.
Bet your ISP goes down sometimes. Do they offer apologies or real-time explanations?

Not that I like it, and not that I think Inno shouldn't do better. I just feel like the blame should be set where it belongs, with their technical competence. You want to fault that, I'll have nothing to add...

Mucka Smash

Why is that insulting to you? It acknowledges there is a problem, and says the best thing to do on your end.
This is insulting to me, because it is the same canned response to EVERYTHING. Experiencing lag on GvG? The best thing to do is clear your cache and change your browser. Experiencing flash crashes? The best thing to do is clear your cache and change your browser. How about half your city suddenly not appearing ... you got it, clear your cache and change your browser.

By the way - notice how they never suggest the optimal browser? If you open a ticket, they always ask what you are using ... then suggest something else. Using Chrome? Try Opera for better result ... using Opera ... try Chrome! Viola!

It is insulting because there was nothing wrong on the players' end, and neither our cache nor our browser had jack to do with the issues. It is insulting when we complain about the lag issues, or flash leaks, and that is the standard reply because the issue is not our cache, nor our browser.

Try changing your browser Inno says ... but has no idea what browser I use and offer no consideration as to the optimal browser to change to ... Consider that and let it sink in ... are you insulted? If not, next time FoE goes down, might I suggest you check the power chord of your computer and make sure it is still plugged in because yeah, that's probably the issue.

Bet your ISP goes down sometimes. Do they offer apologies or real-time explanations?
5 hours yesterday ... on and off again today. My ISP has never went down for 5 hours and if it did, I use only local companies and pay enough for business service that when I call they absolutely provide me a detailed explanation of what has happened, a realistic time frame for the issue to be fixed and the company would never inform me the issue was with my cache and/or browser. If my ISP operated as Inno does, it would be my ex-ISP just as FoE is my ex-game of choice.

BruteForceAttack

What inno may not be getting it is impact to players..

Some users were able to login whilst others were blocked. So players who couldnt login got plundered, lost gvg sectors, lost fps on gbs cauze they got swiped or couldnt swipe on top of all the normal stuff.

Cat and mouse play goes on in aggressive hoods or guilds, I saw messages in global, hehe i plundered so and so...thanks for the goods...

All these things frustrates players as they cannot do anything about it, will inno do anything about it, i doubt.

Kinkyred

When I put a ticket in, they told me to use a different browser because of problems on Firefox, Hello, I am not using Firefox and use a different one. And the people above are right, they always make it sound like its the players computer that is at fault. Even today, it takes forever to get anything done in the game, I either wait for long periods of time or refresh and hope that works.
I come in here to spend time with friends, kill a few armies and relax. Not add more stress because the game is not working.

Daisy the Benevolent

I said this a while ago in another post but if everyone really wants to make an impact on Inno, one of the better ways to do so is to write a letter (email) to Inno's CEO and/or President. I have had good success with politely voicing my frustrations to the most senior management when the lower ranks were not solving my problem. With one major US-based international mass retailer, I received an almost immediate personal response from the CEO and he ultimately solved my issue.

While I would love to post the name and contact info for Inno's senior management, I suspect that would be a violation of the forum rules and would be immediately taken down. If you do some digging online, though, you can probably find the info. If you do send an email, make sure it is calm, clear and rational (i.e. don't rant and rave or no one will take you seriously). List what your issues are and be clear about what you would like Inno to do to correct the issues. Again, don't make threats, don't exaggerate (i.e. don't say everyone you know will be quitting the game, etc.) and be polite and respectful.

There are also websites where you can lodge consumer complaints, like pissedconsumer dot com. We would need a pretty strong representation of people to do this (write to management or lodge complaint online), though, if we really want Inno to take notice.

Anywho, just a suggestion bc it has worked for me in the past.

Edit: Inno's CEO is one of the founders of the company and is also their Chief Technology Officer. He manages the development team so he would be the best person to contact.

jaelis

This is insulting to me, because it is the same canned response to EVERYTHING. Experiencing lag on GvG? The best thing to do is clear your cache and change your browser. Experiencing flash crashes? The best thing to do is clear your cache and change your browser. How about half your city suddenly not appearing ... you got it, clear your cache and change your browser.
Yeah, I don't know about that one. The thing is, it works sometimes. I've definitely cleared up problems by clearing my cache, and at one point one browser stopped working while another was fine. I get that you're hearing, "this is your problem, you take care of it." But I hear it more as "We don't know what the problem is, but here are the things you can try on your end." Maybe they need to be better about stating clearly that problems will be reported up to the devs; I know that they always are reported.

5 hours yesterday ... on and off again today. My ISP has never went down for 5 hours and if it did, I use only local companies and pay enough for business service that when I call they absolutely provide me a detailed explanation of what has happened, a realistic time frame for the issue to be fixed and the company would never inform me the issue was with my cache and/or browser. If my ISP operated as Inno does, it would be my ex-ISP just as FoE is my ex-game of choice.
OK, I should probably have figured you'd have your ISP squared away rather better than me :) But for my regular xfinity DSL, it goes down occasionally, and they are pretty much as helpful as Inno is.

test3r

Inno... I'm sure I can help you with this, contact me. I've contacted you YEARS ago that I could help with your issues, like the memory leak.
-test3r

Status
Not open for further replies.