Proposal for Inno to Fix its Shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda the first

Not going to bother with your dismissive and offensive comments. Will allow the the thread to continue now with the very real concerns and issues and ignore personal attacks.
Are you capable of participating in a discussion without crying about how someone disagreeing with you is somehow personally attacking you? Because I have yet to see it and can point to numerous examples.

Time and time again you poke and poke and the second anyone either doesn't take the bait or bend to your opinion you make blanket accusations of being bullied. Followed by pretending to storm off with a false sense of superiority over situations that either you yourself have created or exist solely in your own imagination. It is really quite immature and no that is not an attack on your personality that is an observation of your personality.

Oskie66

I'm wondering if people like you only use the internet for this game. How many times has it been down in the 5 years that you have been playing exactly? A several hour outage is not the end of the world. A several hour outage is 'whew crises adverted'. And for the last outage a portion of people, we don't know how large or small, were still able to play. In the time I have been playing my internet has been down for longer periods than this game has been down.

Never said Netflix sucks. I love Netflix. This expectation for everything to be perfect 100% of the time is astounding to me. Servers crash, it happens. If I've been going to Starbucks everyday for coffee, and on the 365th morning I went in their computers were down and they couldn't process my credit card, I don't rage quit all over their expresso machine.

I understand how you could take it that way, but my interpretation of that message is not that they were trying to pass the buck. They stated it was their issue and gave the things for the user to do to be sure that when the game was up and running that user would be able to play. If the game crashed and your cache has not been cleared even when it is up you may not be able to access it. I don't think the two statements were meant to counter act one and other. Receiving it as a copy/paste answer to a ticket may be a different story entirely but in this instance I don't believe it was in any attempt to pass the issue on to the player.

It was announced in this forum https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/february-q-a-with-kai-and-thi-on-thursday.16425/

There are so many decisions and choices that inno has made that I disagree with and think are wrong. Crashing was not innos decision or choice.
Should the work on fixing it and the lag? Of course but you also have no idea of what the potential road blocks may be preventing them.
Thanks an announcement about a video that has buried in it a comment about "clan vs clan" performance issues at time stamp 17:03 sort of falls short of being transparent and truly addressing a major problem with the game. I refer you to all the suggestions I have made above.

I would also like to further suggest that a "known issues" area be set up somewhere in this forum. This would be a thread where the devs would post known problems and maybe update players on progress to resolve these. I think it is perfectly reasonable to expect to learn about a games known issues within the game as well. Game wide messages are sent all the time about diamond sales etc. To suggest that someone want's a visit from a CEO is, well, I won't say on here. But if He/She wants to come over please bring me some goodies. I love strudel.

I would have thought that the "bugs" section would be the place to find this kind of info. Apparently according to a reply to a question from a mod support does not always monitor that thread and it seems items are not moved to the "confirmed" section regularly as one would expect. Simply acknowledging problems would go a long way to allay concerns for players.

Last edited:

Oskie66

Are you capable of participating in a discussion without crying about how someone disagreeing with you is somehow personally attacking you? Because I have yet to see it and can point to numerous examples.

Time and time again you poke and poke and the second anyone either doesn't take the bait or bend to your opinion you make blanket accusations of being bullied. Followed by pretending to storm off with a false sense of superiority over situations that either you yourself have created or exist solely in your own imagination. It is really quite immature and no that is not an attack on your personality that is an observation of your personality.
More offensive personal attacks ! lol

sloppyjoeslayer

Thanks an announcement about a video that has buried in it a comment about "clan vs clan" performance issues at time stamp 17:03 sort of falls short of being transparent and truly addressing a major problem with the game.
Maybe you should read back on why I posted that. The point was, for the third time, that it was claimed "they are way too arrogant to admit their is anything wrong with the game", I gave an example where that is not true.

You don't seem to have any problem reading the forums except selectively so because you think it somehow strengthens your points, it doesn't. Somehow I and other have no problem reading the announcements where there are numerous responses to fixes in performance and such. But this is something that needs to be sent to you personally where as the forum posts you choose to comment on do not. See the problems here in your positions? Or do you need everything spoon fed?
By any chance are you on Inno's payroll?

Oskie66

Maybe you should read back on why I posted that. The point was, for the third time, that it was claimed "they are way too arrogant to admit their is anything wrong with the game", I gave an example where that is not true.

You don't seem to have any problem reading the forums except selectively so because you think it somehow strengthens your points, it doesn't. Somehow I and other have no problem reading the announcements where there are numerous responses to fixes in performance and such. But this is something that needs to be sent to you personally where as the forum posts you choose to comment on do not. See the problems here in your positions? Or do you need everything spoon fed?
Your example was a poor one as I have pointed out many time. Still more offensive comments. Can't you make a point without offending? Shows that your arguments are weak that you need to resort to attacking. I eat strudel with a fork ! Unlike your negative and offensive statements the question about whether or not your on Inno's payroll was tongue in cheek but it seems to have really set you off. Care to answer it?

Manda the first

I would also like to further suggest that a "known issues" area be set up somewhere in this forum. This would be a thread where the devs would post known problems and maybe update players on progress to resolve these.
That also exists here https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/addressed.56/ and https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/confirmed.123/

Now if you're referring to the devs themselves posting I doubt you would see that. But any increased communication would be a good thing.

no that is not an attack on your personality that is an observation of your personality.
Unless you were making a request for a personal attack to which I would say, grow a friggen backbone.

sloppyjoeslayer

Your example was a poor one as I have pointed out many time.
Poor example of what? It's nothing more to show the claim to be untrue. he said they won't admit it, clearly there they do, black and white, simple. Clearly you're reading more into it than what it is.

Still more offensive comments. Can't you make a point without offending? Shows that your arguments are weak that you need to resort to attacking. I eat strudel with a fork !
That's why I keep sticking your own comment in your face, don't start off with personal attacks and think demanding otherwise will work.
By any chance are you on Inno's payroll?

Oskie66

That also exists here https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/addressed.56/ and https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/confirmed.123/

Now if you're referring to the devs themselves posting I doubt you would see that. But any increased communication would be a good thing.

Unless you were making a request for a personal attack to which I would say, grow a friggen backbone.
Yes the devs themselves. Not saying there needs to be a dialogue but some sort of statement. and updates. Thanks for acknowledging the value of increased communication. I will disregard the personal attack.

Last edited:

Oskie66

Poor example of what? It's nothing more to show the claim to be untrue. he said they won't admit it, clearly there they do, black and white, simple. Clearly you're reading more into it than what it is.

That's why I keep sticking your own comment in your face, don't start off with personal attacks and think demanding otherwise will work.
It was a question and a valid one. In the interest of transparency. I am still sort of curious. I will not say that you are being silly or that you need to be spoon fed or imply that your stupid cause you don't know how to find stuff scattered around the web about a game, that you need to have the CEO of a game come to visit your house to hand deliver information about a game only because you might have suggested a better way.

Ridiculing my suggestions or the concerns of all those that have posted their concerns here will not make your points any more valid.

sloppyjoeslayer

It was a question and a valid one.
No, it's not, it's a common response to those who feel they think they know better and can't argue the actual issue. By your logic I must have a valid concern you work for a competitor of Inno. You care more about that then the actual issue. Go read the announcements if you want to know what's going on and quit expecting developers answer to you. Do you go to Kraft Foods Group Inc. and demand their scientists answer to you about some cheese you didn't like? Or Chevrolet engineers demanding they explain stuff to you?

Last edited:

Oskie66

No, it's not, it's a common response to those who feel they think they know better and can't argue the actual issue. By your logic I must have a valid concern you work for a competitor of Inno. You care more about that then the actual issue. Go read the announcements if you want to know what's going on and quit expecting developers answer to you. Do you go to Kraft Foods Group Inc. and demand their scientists answer to you about some cheese you didn't like? Or Chevrolet engineers demanding they explain stuff to you?
Thanks for the question, That's easy. I do not work for a competitor and I have no interests in any competitors of Inno.

Just a plain user with valid concerns and constructive critique and suggestion how I perceive the game experience and how it could be improved.

Yes, If I have a question about Kraft foods then that is exactly where I would go to look for answers. As a customer I expect some responsiveness and accountability from any company that I may have dealings with. It's called the free market and capitalism.

sloppyjoeslayer

Thanks for the question, That's easy. I do not work for a competitor and I have no interests in any any competitors of Inno.

Just a plain user with valid concerns and constructive critique and suggestion how I perceive the game experience and how it could be improved.

Yes, If I have a question about Kraft foods then that is exactly where I would go to look for answers. As a customer I expect some responsiveness and accountability from any company that I may have dealings with.
More about nothing, yeah I'm sure you spend all day on other non game companies websites demanding their engineers and scientists answer to you, very believable.

Here, let me help you since you clearly have trouble staying on point and want nothing but to drag this around to non issues, makes me question your intentions and credibility because you can't.

Issue with Units during Battle

Is that good enough for you?

sloppyjoeslayer

or how about these to start:

Changelog 1.93 The game was sometimes freezing when paging through the ages on the GvG Map. This should not happen again.

Changelog 1.90 When a friend was removed via the Rankings the game was freezing. This is no longer happening.

Are these communications not acknowledgements of issues?

Oskie66

Here, let me help you since you clearly have trouble staying on point and want nothing but to drag this around to non issues, makes me question your intentions and credibility because you can't.
So much hostility and rudeness. It makes it hard for me to look past it all. Still wonder about you and Inno though? My concerns about communications from Inno still stand and once I get past the sarcasm and offenses nothing you have shown on here speaks to my concerns or suggestions expressed earlier.

Last edited:

jaelis

Folks, let's all keep in mind the forum rules about being respectful and avoiding personal attacks. And if you think someone is violating those rules, just report the post. If you respond in kind things only get worse.

I'd like to keep the thread open for the sake of people who want to express themselves in it.

Mucka: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
jaelis: I'm shocked, shocked to find that personal attacks are going on in here!
[Snowbelle likes jaelis' post arguing about whether we admit problems or not]
jaelis: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud] jaelis: Everybody out at once!

sloppyjoeslayer

Folks, let's all keep in mind the forum rules about being respectful and avoiding personal attacks.
sry jaelis but he started it lol

So much hostility and rudeness. It makes it hard for me to look past it all.
Fine, then I ask you not hide behind passive aggression by saying stuff like "do you work for inno" is a legit concern when you should know better that it is not then continuing to push that issue instead of dealing with the actual issue then crying foul. Let's see if you and I can do what jaelis asks.

This all started with me pointing out that inno is supposedly "too arrogant to admit their is anything wrong with the game" and you with wanting them to communicate issues and here I am pointing out and linking examples that they clearly do admit, address, fix and announce issues.

Now if you want to characterize the announcement page and their own facebook page as obscure, hidden or whatever that is your right to your opinion. I simply disagree with that characterization.

txrose4ever

You have my support on this proposal. Can't help but mention after they resolve the server down problem GvG, should be # 1 priority. lag lag lag Been a problem for months ! Hold off on all these cosmetic changes and silly ancillary stuff. Fix the basics.
Yes it really doesn't matter if a car has a high performance engine, if it chokes up all the ime......or pretty interior and nice gadgets on the inside if the tires are flat and stay flat.......

txrose4ever

today I can go into battles and am able the pieces but then they freeze (wont fire). I can go to another piece and move it but again it wont fire-just freezes. logged off and on-rejoined the battle and it went back to before my moves but same thing-they move but no action. logged off/on again-same thing. Had to retreat Anyone else having problems in battles now?
Yes. In GE, as well as the hood. Not just GVG.

Mucka Smash

There are differing levels of customer service, and customer appreciation. Some have been playing this game for years ... not weeks ... not months ... years. Over the course of that time, Inno (as with any business) has made some terrible decisions and some good decisions. Over the course of that time, Inno (as with any business) has fixed things ... but sometimes taken months to fix things while at other times, fixing things immediately. Yet other times ... nothing is changed.

In the end, life is often about perspective.

I do not believe Inno has kept me up to speed with what is going on ... sending a player mod to the forum 4 hours after a complete crash to say Inno knows about the problem is not, to me, customer service. Panacea later getting on and saying they are sorry, without ever once explaining what happened and what has been done to fix the issue, to me, is not customer service. Addressing the flash issue with repeated statements to clear a cache and change my browser is not, to me, customer service.

This is not just the downtime of the other day ... it is a multi-year journey with me. GvG has been broken for considerable time, and I use the word "broken" to express it has serious shortcomings within the actual game-play design which have existed since inception, and serious performance issues as related to lag. Other aspects of the game have been complained about for multiple years, some of which were recently fixed but at times, the Inno solution seems worse than how the game previously was.

More examples ... if GvG is such an important part of the game, why is it still not available on the phone apps? How about the Treasure Hunt? Again, saying you are working on it for over a year is not, to me, customer service ...

Personally, I would not have used some of the language used in this thread with respect to Inno. I don't believe it is arrogance ... I believe it is simply poor customer service and/or a lack of customer appreciation. I would not say certain things are buried ... it is available as has been posted. However, better customer service would be something like an Announcement through the Announcement system (1) explaining what the issue was; (2) what is being done to fix it; (3) time to fix; (4) an apology for the inconvenience. Better customer service would be a tagged post on their Announcement forum here. I don't need FPs, or a shrine, or anything other than proper information, provided in a timely manner.

Jaelis ... I did not expect you to leave this thread open this long. To be honest, I considered going with 'Crap' in the title instead of 'Shit' because I figured it would get the post shutdown before starting ... no offense will be taken should you shut it down. For me, the damage is already done as I do not believe I am receiving and adequate amount of customer service, am not an appreciated customer, and I've decided to stop playing the game.

My opinion - my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.