• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Proposal: PvP Tournament Results in Pop-Up similar to GB Contribution Reward

• Thread starter DeletedUser36665
  • Start date

DeletedUser36665

Hello,

As a player that doesn't like to read the wiki, I find the PvP tournaments very mysterious.
After I managed to find the arrow in the Victory screen that leads to my place in the tournament,
I lack the knowledge to find out how many medals I have won in the tournament reaching second place.

I propose a pop up window similar to the GB contribution reward window,
That will popup upon login after the PvP tournament has ended
and let the player know which place they reached and how many medals they have won if any.

P.S. I performed a search on the topic before posting

DeletedUser36665

Also, the medal rewards should be much greater IMO,
to correspond with the high prices of victory expansions

DeletedUser36665

If it is already there then it is not clear to a beginner which, forgive me for being one, I am

DeletedUser8428

Hello,

As a player that doesn't like to read the wiki, I find the PvP tournaments very mysterious.
After I managed to find the arrow in the Victory screen that leads to my place in the tournament,
I lack the knowledge to find out how many medals I have won in the tournament reaching second place.

I propose a pop up window similar to the GB contribution reward window,
That will popup upon login after the PvP tournament has ended
and let the player know which place they reached and how many medals they have won if any.

P.S. I performed a search on the topic before posting

Thanks for searching. At the end of the tournament, a popup appears on the player screen which tells them what place they reached in a particular tower and how many medals they earned as a result. But once that popup has been closed, there is no where to go to find that information (that I know of) .. it does not appear in the event log.

DeletedUser36665

That is very strange, because I most certainly arrived in second place.
Yet I did not see any kind of popup.
Also, last time I reached third place with no popup as well.
Strange

DeletedUser36665

Could it be that I accidentally dismissed that popup AND told it never to appear again?

DeletedUser8428

That is very strange, because I most certainly arrived in second place.
Yet I did not see any kind of popup.
Also, last time I reached third place with no popup as well.
Strange
Could mean that you were not online when the popup fires. It's been my experience that if I am no online at the time, it doesn't fire later when I log in.

DeletedUser36665

Oh... then that is a real bug IMO.
The GB contribution popup seems to popup when I log in.
At least I've seen it a couple of times. Maybe it too only pops up when I am online.
But if so, that is a major problem.
I put a lot of effort into winning the tournament and I don't even get a message when it's over, independent of whether I am logged in??

Graviton

You'll only get one pop-up at login time, no matter how many might be queued up. So if you have a GB popup and a tournament popup both ready, you'll only see one of them.

DeletedUser

I don't know that the pop-up appears on mobile. In any case, you can go to the C-Map, click/tap on the tower for whatever age you want to check and you can see the results. Of course, after the next week's tournament starts the last week's results will no longer be available, much like GE.

DeletedUser36665

Thank you.
A. It is a bug if the popup doesn't appear if another is queued.
B. It is a bug if the popup doesn't appear on mobile.
C. Do you know what's the lowest rank to receive a popup?
and D. Don't you agree that the number of medals rewarded should be much higher to reflect how pricey it is to build one of the many victory expansions

RazorbackPirate

A. In your opinion. File a bug report and see what Inno has to say.
B. There are a number of features available on the browser version that aren't available on mobile. Some big, some small. This may be one of the small ones.
C. I don't know for sure, but there is no reason to notify anyone who doesn't receive medals. Look in the Tower to see how much each spot is worth.
D. There are lots of ways to get medals in FoE, once you learn of them, you'll see that PvP is not one of the major ones.

On a broader note, it seems a bit foolish to begin a post stating you're too lazy or disinterested to find information about the game, complain that you don't understand the game, then propose changes to the game to help you understand the game.

Do your homework. Learn the game.

Agent327

If it is already there then it is not clear to a beginner which, forgive me for being one, I am

Then wouldn't asking about it being the right way to approach it? That you are clueless is obvious, but that does not mean you should put everything in to a proposal.

Learn the game and stop making useless proposals!

DeletedUser36624

Then wouldn't asking about it being the right way to approach it? That you are clueless is obvious, but that does not mean you should put everything in to a proposal.

From observation, asking a question will get little attention and may or may not get you an answer. Making a proposal, however, will result in lots of people crawling over glass to explain in excruciating detail how your proposal is not needed and why.

Agent327

From observation, asking a question will get little attention and may or may not get you an answer. Making a proposal, however, will result in lots of people crawling over glass to explain in excruciating detail how your proposal is not needed and why.

I wonder what you have been observing. If you have a look at the Questions section there isn't a question that hasn't been answered.

DeletedUser33179

I disagree. Making a thread in the "questions" subforum (or asking anywhere in general) does get attention & answers. However, sometimes just not the answers some folks care to hear, despite the info given being accurate. And sometimes not as quickly or as in depth as some impatient players would prefer (hint: giving more info about your current game status/etc does help). Folks on this forum will help & point players in the right direction.

However, making a proposal - instead of asking questions - based on extremely limited game experience &/or poor research in any way into the game itself typically gets mainly replies. Not answers. It only adds to the OP's frustrations, as well as that of some other forumites. How is that a good thing for anyone?

Asking questions will always be one of the best ways of learning most anything. Encouraging players to ask when there's an issue or question positively contributes to the inquiring players & the forum as a whole. Only 17 posts over the course of ~2 weeks is a rapid decline into solid forum cynicism for you, don't you think? Instead of being so discouraged by the forum, try learning & growing it.

Personally, I get discouraged when I see new forum folks post poorly thought out proposals, who subsequently get ticked off when presented with why it's a bad idea, & then proceed to dump on the entire forum process forever after. Not saying the OP or you are necessarily doing this - just making my own observations/opinion to the general conversation. Seems to me such players have rapidly turned into exactly what they say they dislike about the forums.

DeletedUser36665

How can I report a bug that the popup isn't being shown on mobile?
I think it is a big bug,
because until I learned about the clicking-the-tower option,
I had no way to know how many medals I got.
Also, even if you have the tower option, you never really know what place you got to at the very end of the tournament.
Maybe someone surpassed you at the last moment.
And that is why I'm convinced we need this popup.