(Proposal) Who invited HIM?? (or her)

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by braeden12323, Mar 13, 2018.

1. braeden12323

braeden12323 Active Member

Worlds:
    Mount Killmore, Odhrorvar
    Proposal
    This proposal is a quality of life suggestion. I ask that when you hover over the Currently Invited Players window, on a specific guild invitation, it shows a small pulldown menu that reveals who invited that player.

Current System
    In the game currently you cannot see the specific guild member who sent an invitation out. While you can message all of the guild members who have invitation rights (asking who invited a specific person) that could be avoided.

Details
    This would simply save time for the player. Perhaps the vast majority of players are not guild leaders/administration, so this idea may not impact a ton of people. But, for the few that have tried to find who invited a specific player this proposal would save time.

In the current "invitation" screen you can see the people currently invited and the number of ranking points they have. The pull-down menu stating who invited a particular invitee would activate when you mouse over the particular person. It's not intended to avoid confrontation, it's simply a faster method of sorting out who sent out each invite. If you have access to the guild administration screen, you will have access to the pull-down menu.
    Abuse Prevention
    No abuse could be done (with this proposal at least).

Visual Aids
    I do not have photoshop, so I can’t show exactly what is in my mind, but I can show you where it could would go.
    https://prnt.sc/iqencp
    Where the underlined portion of inside the circle is where the cursor might have to be around in order to activate the pull-down menu stating who invited the player. You would not have to click, it would use the same mechanic that mousing over a building in your city utilizes.

Conclusion
    As I stated before in the introduction, this is just a quality of life idea. It is not vastly important to implement right away, it’s just something to chew on. I’m aware that messaging a group is easy enough to do, this is just a more direct alternative than a mass message.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  2. braeden12323

Worlds:
    If someone could help me by directing me to a place that shows how to make the image appear in the post I would be delighted, and able to edit this post

3. Elaine Trapp

Elaine Trapp Well-Known Member

I know how to get snapshot to do it which is to press the small size option.

4. InfamousChan

InfamousChan Well-Known Member

Why do I need this info: which specific guild member sent an invitation.
    How is it going to improve the quality of life (game play?) of players?

JCera likes this.
  5. Theresa 502 the Scourge

Theresa 502 the Scourge Active Member

I guess so when Joe Q. NewGuildmember is acting badly everyone can berate the member who invited him.

InfamousChan and Elaine Trapp like this.
  6. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

This sounds more like "I don't want to communicate with my guildies about who invited this scumbag...." Uh...that's the whole point of guilds communication. If you don't like that member say so....asking INNO to implement changes so you can tip toe around a hard subject gets a NO vote....Besides, INNO isn't thinking of ways to save your time...quite the opposite..

7. BruteForceAttack

BruteForceAttack Well-Known Member

+1 great feature

When there are multiple leaders, it is nice to see who invited who, this is just when the invites are active. FOE has users across the world, sometimes one of the leader may invite but forget to update the others, this is a simple solution.

8. Dan 49 the fearless

Dan 49 the fearless Member

I think this is a good feature but should only be visible to either guild founder or to guild leader

9. Graviton

Graviton Well-Known Member

I still fail to see the point of it. A bad guildie is a bad guildie, does it really matter how he or she got there?

10. Theresa 502 the Scourge

Theresa 502 the Scourge Active Member

I was just kidding around. I don’t know if that was the OP’s motivation

Graviton likes this.
  11. brentolomeus

brentolomeus Active Member

If you need this feature there is a problem with communication in the guild leadership.
    Either because they don't talk to each other or because there are too many players with invitation rights and you can't efficiently confer with each other anymore. Either way, that's a problem.

InfamousChan likes this.
  12. Algona

Algona Well-Known Member

Not voting at this time.

I don;t see any need for this.

What can you do with the information?

13. braeden12323

Worlds:
    Perhaps some confusion has arose for the purpose of this feature. In the current "invitation" screen you can see the people currently invited and the number of ranking points they have. The pull-down menu stating who invited a particular invitee would activate when you mouse over the particular person. It's not intended to avoid confrontation, it's simply a faster method of sorting out who sent out each invite. If you have access to the guild administration screen, you will have access to the pull-down menu. The picture may help clear up some confusion once I add it, and I will add most of this text to the Details section of the proposal

14. braeden12323

Worlds:
    That is exactly what I mean!! thank you :)