• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pros and Cons of HTML-5

WildOdd

A lot of people think HTML-5 is great (myself included), but there are some cons that I've heard about. What are your pros and cons for the HTML part of FoE?

One con for me is that usually one building is shifted, OBS this morning, now this:
view

DeletedUser12620

A lot of people think HTML-5 is great (myself included), but there are some cons that I've heard about. What are your pros and cons for the HTML part of FoE?

While battling the map is just so fuzzy hate it! And the occasional freeze up.

DeletedUser34870

Characters are fuzzy in the Message Center and as of now I don't see any advantage for speed or performance.

DeletedUser11463

Html-5 is horrid. On one world I'm stuck in Html-5 and wish I could go back. Too many bugs and slow performance. Some bugs that keep showing up. People's taverns (including my own) don't show the tablecloth. All the tables look like they have no tablecloth so you don't know what they have. Battles show a black screen so you can't see terrain and sometimes even the units disappear. I am only thankful that I only got stuck with HTML on one world.

DeletedUser31440

Html-5 is horrid. On one world I'm stuck in Html-5 and wish I could go back. Too many bugs and slow performance. Some bugs that keep showing up. People's taverns (including my own) don't show the tablecloth. All the tables look like they have no tablecloth so you don't know what they have. Battles show a black screen so you can't see terrain and sometimes even the units disappear. I am only thankful that I only got stuck with HTML on one world.

Just switch that city back to the flash version?

DeletedUser13838

HTML 5 version doesn't work on my laptops (says no 3d accelaerator or something which I definitely have) and I needed to go to my ipad version to switch it back to flash.

DeletedUser31440

HTML 5 version doesn't work on my laptops (says no 3d accelaerator or something which I definitely have) and I needed to go to my ipad version to switch it back to flash.

With it being a laptop, it could be your power settings. If it is not, your browser might have an option to enable your 3d accelerator.

DeletedUser13838

With it being a laptop, it could be your power settings. If it is not, your browser might have an option to enable your 3d accelerator.
3d is enabled. Not sure which settings you're referring to but I have it set up to be full power when plugged in.

DeletedUser15676

3d is enabled. Not sure which settings you're referring to but I have it set up to be full power when plugged in.

has nothing to do with power from the wall .. its 3D acceleration in your graphics card and settings in your browser allowing it to work that way. check the settings on your browser and and graphics card to see if they are allowing this

DeletedUser15676

go to settings.. little gear thingy below navigation box on lower left corner and change it back to Flash. if you can get back to a PC do it there. go to the library if you dont otherwise have access to a PC to achieve this. a friend stopped by because he had his city set to HTML-5 and didnt change it before he went traveling and coiuldnt play on his tablet because of this.. same issue. the whole thing was black so he jumped on my PC and logged in and changed his settings.. BUT.. then we were banned from Inno from contributing to each others GBs for over a week.. LMAO.. we are in the same guild and have daily swaps over 100 points a day plus the swap threads so we were lost for a bit until it got sorted out

DeletedUser15676

One con for me is that usually one building is shifted, OBS this morning, now this:
view

LMAO.. i had that happen early on when we were doing testing in beta.. i thought they hhad gotten this fixed.. damn

DeletedUser15676

personally i find most of the crazy insane glitch fest at recalc in GvG has been avoided for the most part with HTML-5. there are no more phantom sieges that i cannot see until the hex has already been taken, no more invisible sieges that i, myself place and no one else can see including myself, no more release of incorrect hexes (yes that was a thing) no more freezing up in between fights necessitating a refresh multiple times during one siege attempt. the few cons i have seen are disappearing tablecloths in Taverns.. for abit the message center was acting dumb by blanking out the message page after posting a message and you had to go out and back in to seee it. but that hasnt happened since a week and a half ago.. oh, sometimes the shields flying around in GvG are not the right color... ie.. i see my own shields flying up are gray instead of green and the NPC hexes show the flag of the last guild i hovered over

DeletedUser13838

has nothing to do with power from the wall .. its 3D acceleration in your graphics card and settings in your browser allowing it to work that way. check the settings on your browser and and graphics card to see if they are allowing this
The very vague messgage I received from the game is that hardware acceleration was not enabled (it is). It would be helpful if the game would provide some context sensitive info about what settings need to be adjusted based on the browser I'm using (chrome). Unfortunately, not only does the game not do this it doesn't give you the ability to change back to the flash version so you have to open the game on mobile to change the setting.

Anyway, I'm using Chrome. The only system setting I see for 3D is "Use hardware accelerastion when available". The html5test.com site says my browser supports 3d hardware aceleration, though I don't know if the site is checking my specific settings or just that chrome supports it and it's possible that there is some other setting that needs to be tweaked, but if so I don't know what it is.

Emberguard

Unfortunately, not only does the game not do this it doesn't give you the ability to change back to the flash version so you have to open the game on mobile to change the setting.
That would be a bug if you can't. I just switched to HTML and back again

upload_2018-12-2_23-27-3.png
upload_2018-12-2_23-27-56.png

Also just as a side note: at some point a update to the chrome browser changed how flash settings are handled. If you end up getting back to flash and if the version of chrome you have isn't saving your flash preferences you'll see this screen each time you log in:
upload_2018-12-2_23-47-45.png
Which can be rectified by typing in the following and disabling the "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" setting
chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission

DeletedUser13838

That would be a bug if you can't. I just switched to HTML and back again

Also just as a side note: at some point a update to the chrome browser changed how flash settings are handled. If you end up getting back to flash and if the version of chrome you have isn't saving your flash preferences you'll see this screen each time you log in:
Which can be rectified by typing in the following and disabling the "Enable Ephemeral Flash Permissions" setting
chrome://flags/#enable-ephemeral-flash-permission
The game doesn't load if HTML doesn't work so you can't get into the options screen. Thanks for the permission setting - I do get that message.

DeletedUser10554

tried it when first came around, dumped it the next day .......... saw update , gave it a shot again, dumped it ... no more wasting my time