Public Poll for Contests

RaveWolf

I propose the following in response to the backlash that is being received from others in regards to the choices made for the "Halloween Costume Contest".
See Comments #121 and #126. Followed by my response, #122

Although I feel that their responses are unjustified, it is obviously a real issue to them.

My Proposal:
Summary - To create a poll for each contest.

How I think it "could" work (step - step):

1. Place the Contest as per usual
  2. Provide a small time-frame to post related content (i.e. Photos) as per the contest.
  3. Create a Poll in relation to the Contest only after the time-frame has lapsed (2 above).
  4. Add ONLY the Contestants (Post #) that have posted within the given time-frame to the Poll.
- This Poll will be Public for all Forum Members to vote for their favorite contestant.​

Pros:
Less Insults and backlash.​
100% Fair results as it is a Public vote and therefore majority rules.​

Cons:
I don't think it is possible to prevent contestants from voting for themselves.​
Is it possible to see who voted for who? If Yes then void those who voted for themselves.​

---

Alternatively:
Close or Prevent further comments to the post.

Pros:
No more backlash.​

Cons:
No friendly Congratulations, Compliments or Thank you's will be possible.​

---

NB: This is just an Idea, that may or may not work. If you have anything to add or have a better proposal, then please comment below.

PS: I personally don't appreciate negativity on a friendly contest. I'm sure the Devs sit together and go through a process of elimination.

Ruby Rainfall

I definitely think it should be others who judge the winners and runners up.

The choices of the runners up in this contest were poor.

Glarg

I definitely think it should be others who judge the winners and runners up.

The choices of the runners up in this contest were poor.
I agree. And this is not the first time a contest has been botched. The haiku contest had 14 qualifying entries, and 13 prizes....

Oskie66

I might have awarded my vote for other contestants also. I really liked the armored guy pic. Personally I would have given him the award. I do want to applaud them all for participating I enjoyed seeing all the entries. It would be nice if there were a mechanism to vote on the entries.