• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Pushing the Continent to the Space Ages in Progressive/Industrial Age v1.0.2

DreadfulCadillac

Do you mean aiming for a 1:1 ratio with attack and defense? Yeah, that's one aim. I'm going to be tanking def% wherever possible really. Partly because of the CMap ahead. Mostly for trolling.
I'm pretty sure they meant Balancing between FP and Attack in your city, and an end to the addendum of "If it aint attack throw it back" which was essentially used by a group of players as justification for only placing buildings that helped their attack/def for attack.

mineseA

I always feel bad about myself after reading these because I'm in the Industrial age and I'm struggling to get past progressive age units.

KingJMobile

8 eels made a mess of Tesla walkers for me when I was clearing the map. They attack the whole field on their first attack and they attack first and pack a wallop if your boost is good. No rogues , they are attacked last and will only get you defeated on the map at this point.
Unfortunately, I only have 6 Eels, and even though I have other fast units that have high initiative and can move first, I can't afford to lose them. Assuming both sides two-hit kill each other, that's three lost units every time, which is a big sum of 135 diamonds. Guess you could do that in OF if you have a traz reproducing them every day. It's not totally the best option for me.

I'm pretty sure they meant Balancing between FP and Attack in your city, and an end to the addendum of "If it aint attack throw it back" which was essentially used by a group of players as justification for only placing buildings that helped their attack/def for attack.
Oh okay. It's so confusing now that "attack" can mean multiple things lol.

I always feel bad about myself after reading these because I'm in the Industrial age and I'm struggling to get past progressive age units.
Don't worry, you'll get there eventually. Where are you on the Continent? Have you got PE units? What's your A/D?

I mean, this entire guide is literally for people who haven't seen their higher-era units in the face of death apart from being an idiot in PvP Arena and biting more than they can chew in GBG.

mineseA

Where are you on the Continent? Have you got PE units? What's your A/D?
Started about 3 weeks ago, have finished Gaelford, Uxrow, Havre(obviously), Kriegich, and Omoien. Just scouted Ostrand and is about to scoud Sud. I'm on the quest right before the quest that gives me units. No clue how to check A/D (therefore showing that the longer I play, the more clueless I am.)

KingJMobile

Wait, I just found out my boosts. It's around 200-ish for both. Defence is higher though.
That's not bad. It should last you until PME. In the meantime, try and get it higher. The first challenge you'll face will be MGs and Battle Tanks against CE and TE units. Your Defense will be tested very hard indeed. And, yay, you're like me: your defense is higher than your attack.

mineseA

Another problem, I'm on the path to get tech blocked, because I'm literally 2 techs before the end of the InA tech tree.

UBERhelp1

Another problem, I'm on the path to get tech blocked, because I'm literally 2 techs before the end of the InA tech tree.
It's not a bad thing to age up to PE. You'll still be able to fight a ton, and it can actually be easier since PE units don't have blast, while InA Howitzers do.

KingJMobile

Update v1.0.1 (18th July 2022)

I found myself using 4 Turturrets, 2 Rail Guns, and 2 Rogues (sometimes swapped for a Drummer instead) when I was fighting some easy Augmented Samurai and Ronin Bot sectors (and maybe some other sneaky BFort sectors as well) in the VF Continent. Rails are very strong when it comes to dealing with Reactive Armor units. Much better than 2 rogues doing nothing. They'll get a special mention.

Space Age Venus and Jupiter Moon

You're probably not going to make it here (sorry). Coming soon though, don't worry. :)
Just took the first SAV sector
I'm PE with about 1250/860 att/def. I've 4 hovers of course but of note is that I've only 2 Turturrets (aborted Truth or Dare by mistake) and no Rail Guns (not sure how).
I've the usual other higher era stuff. The tail end of SAAB was a bit of a pain. You just have to suck it up and diamond heal a lot. Lots of mistakes involved where you retreat and have to diamond heal, making zero progress but learn from these mistakes.

One trick I've not seen mentioned is the injured Rogue, (90% health). Take one or maybe two along and I find they are attacked first, if in range, before your real unit. This can often make or break a result against units with Blast.
I trade a lot so have lots of goods up that end, and I do tend to be lazy and just negotiate when I see a difficult sector.
But as we know, this isn't possible on all sectors due to special goods.

I'm largely maxed out on att/def with my entire city space devoted to it. My only GB indulgence is HC and TT (which helps with goods). Still improving slowly but they will be small efficiency gains from here on.

I'm happy to contradict your above statement and to show it can be done . No doubt it will get pretty gruesome soon enough so I'll report back if I hit a wall. I'm thinking a level 10 Virgo Project may be useful at that stage.

Farti

KingJMobile

One trick I've not seen mentioned is the injured Rogue, (90% health). Take one or maybe two along and I find they are attacked first, if in range, before your real unit. This can often make or break a result against units with Blast.
I trade a lot so have lots of goods up that end, and I do tend to be lazy and just negotiate when I see a difficult sector.
But as we know, this isn't possible on all sectors due to special goods.
Yeah, I've been using that a lot in SAM now too as Tesla bait. I'll update it soon. Thanks for your input.

Amazing you managed to get through SAAB though, well done. Did you have a Kraken or Virgo?

KingJMobile

Some interesting fights...
QIsMneUNXIzo6-fj52KMfiI15dIbafox_ITAXw-iBQY03fiLw971VuXjjQkzki-AZI-Hku5qwnrfYpl4h4nFiwm_5N0xIcJVuhUtPRegxZAHPnbQVO7Kw7JJWhxZg4hhIgSdwubq2oI71LCA_idqIqq8plAB1zhzpAAOdIFDJZjT8J3qZFJFySHmpA
FgVJ1pQRYjq2BrzZsUzqePXpSlZCW1OKi4W-J6-xeyOVVQ2D9JCyJ6FjX6Sy9yv-qO6nlAjLLr8YHMWjfpZWmn3jb5lv1kmjHMtx2p4LsDY0v8OQT9oa3KaPjR_J7dKlc6xhT18jTsnKJaJL5jZ-fR4mdW8muiq8eUyO8C7mt_b7QZDS61KTIPQY-g

2 Turturrets and 6 slightly damaged rogues (780/905) vs 8 Tesla Walkers (0/0 and 50/50)
3 Rogues were popped by the tesla walkers on the first wave and one was killed. 4 Turturret shots managed to kill 4 Teslas and injure others. Teslas’ turn managed to kill two of my Turtles; after, a couple of shots from me gave me victory.
6xIKYfvTkQKWaqTM-yISsk0ZduqNsSGpWn2balPwBw8RNtX5IocIsEgQ-NzRH2_lor0kiERiVoqpibVr8SmdD07tOrO76sa8D41D9iB48yEogtwqz_cmGA1LYnWHn4CnBY7BCU8nzFtQCvSx5mQk9Z16PaghsTew70x5Zg40GJoz6_enz69xUMuTJA

1 Hover Tank and 5/2 injured/Full HP rogues (780/905) vs 4 Sentinels and 4 Teslas (0/0). Sentinels pop 4 rogues and teslas are baited afterward to the injured rogues. Teslas were targeted first, and a couple of Sentinels did behave somewhat oddly after they decided to melee attack an injured rogue/hover tank.

So I'm about 2/3rds the way thru 1st SAV map and the opposition has changed from mostly SAAB units with maybe 1 SAV unit to mostly SAV units. Before even trying the trusty Hovers or Turts I can see they won't cut it against a lot of SAV units especially units with Power Shot.

Current stats are 1347/980 including some tavern etc. bonuses.

New tactic is to get your hits in first. So using all fast units now and you'll have to suck up some losses and diamond heal.

4 Recon Raiders & 4 Eels should be able to take out 4 enemy units before they get a shot off. Due to enemy Keen Eye, I find it's best to kill off badly damaged enemy units rather than take a bigger chunk out of a unit at 100%. So if I can inflict say 4-6 damage on an opponent and I have a choice of hitting 4 units (3 of them are at full health and 1 is down to 3 or 4 health) I will opt to take out the injured one even tho is seems like a waste.
I've had to use this combo on a few sectors now and find I lose 3 units (135 diamonds) and the rest can heal.

A Virgo Project is starting to look attractive too at this stage as perhaps I could take zero damage in above example. I think if I go with a VP it will be up to level 10 only and I'll make sure to put it place it so that I can disconnect it so as to have it ready when I need it. Will also only be temporary. I'd likely bin it if I can get as far as the next (and likely last) expansion in 2nd SAV map.

Farti