• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Adjustment Feedback

DeletedUser

I've seen more posts from people leaving due to lag, or bugs, or GvG gridlock, or "Diamond-grabbing" by Inno, or event quests with no alternatives, or...or...or...

The truth is that people leave for a ton of different reasons, but they all boil down to that they aren't enjoying the game for whatever reason. So, the question is: Do we tailor the game for the people that left, or take note of why people stay and tailor it more that direction?

I was once at a Christian convention, and I heard a talk by a pastor of a large church. Now most churches I'm familiar with as far as leadership goes, fret endlessly about "why did so-and-so leave?" However this pastor said that their church did it differently. When someone leaves, they send them a message saying something like, "We're sorry to see you go, and that you didn't find our church to your liking. If you ever decide to return, we will be happy to welcome you back." And they don't stress about why the person left. Instead, they focus on why the people that don't leave are staying, and work on strengthening those areas. The bottom line, he said, is that you can find yourself going this way and that trying to please the people that leave, and they'll still find some reason to leave. Much better for the church's focus to stay the course with what is working.

The point being that there are literally thousands of players that like the way PvP and plundering works. They stay and play. They spend money. So, do you blow it up for the few that rage quit because they got their butts kicked in a game with a fighting aspect to it? I say no.

DeletedUser26965

I've seen more posts from people leaving due to lag, or bugs, or GvG gridlock, or "Diamond-grabbing" by Inno, or event quests with no alternatives, or...or...or...

The truth is that people leave for a ton of different reasons, but they all boil down to that they aren't enjoying the game for whatever reason. So, the question is: Do we tailor the game for the people that left, or take note of why people stay and tailor it more that direction?

I was once at a Christian convention, and I heard a talk by a pastor of a large church. Now most churches I'm familiar with as far as leadership goes, fret endlessly about "why did so-and-so leave?" However this pastor said that their church did it differently. When someone leaves, they send them a message saying something like, "We're sorry to see you go, and that you didn't find our church to your liking. If you ever decide to return, we will be happy to welcome you back." And they don't stress about why the person left. Instead, they focus on why the people that don't leave are staying, and work on strengthening those areas. The bottom line, he said, is that you can find yourself going this way and that trying to please the people that leave, and they'll still find some reason to leave. Much better for the church's focus to stay the course with what is working.

The point being that there are literally thousands of players that like the way PvP and plundering works. They stay and play. They spend money. So, do you blow it up for the few that rage quit because they got their butts kicked in a game with a fighting aspect to it? I say no.
Oh lordy bring the church into it lol. It's not me, it's Inno, I'm not looking to do anything, merely reacting to what is being done and trying to rectify it. So you can direct your parable to Inno and tell them not to worry about it and revert these PvP changes. I've seen lots of complaints about "lag" but I don't recall those same players saying they're quitting. This is about plundering plain and simple, PvP is being affected whether you accept that or not, it will continue to be.

lemur

I'm biased in that I want everyone to be playing the same game.

I strongly agree.

Having basically a two-tiered game does not appeal to me at all, and I think it would be ripe for abuse unless there were major restrictions put on when/if you could switch back and forth.

I suspect that attempts to prevent abuse would ultimately fail. Setting up a two-tiered system for only one aspect of the game would be like opening Pandora's Box — or like trying to eat microwaved popcorn in your office cubicle without all of your coworkers smelling it. ;)

For example, in a game where some players gain points from battles with their neighbors, the "game score" would become meaningless for non-PvP players.

lemur

Why was the tavern added to the game in the 1st place?

It was added to entice players to spend more time on the game. InnoGames is in the business of game addiction, pure and simple.

The size of the average Friends list is probably more than 60, but there are a maximum of only 16 seats in the Tavern. Getting the most benefit from the feature therefore requires a player to clear the Tavern every 4 hours or so.

DeletedUser27910

Oh, and in case they didn't realize it yet- they made one of the two BA GBs obsolete. Why build Zeus if you can't fight?!?!?!?!?!?!?!. ...

Now this is pretty funny. It just shows how much thought and planning Inno puts into these changes. Keep up the good work!

DeletedUser13838

If you want to believe no one has ever left this game because of PvP/Plunder, and all those complaints and posts of people saying they're leaving the game because of it were faked and these changes have nothing to do with plundering well then, okay, believe what you want.
I never said no one leaves because of it. But you seem to think that's the only reason they leave. And you justifiy this by cherry picking from all the changes Inno made to the game. Logical indeed.

DeletedUser26965

I never said no one leaves because of it. But you seem to think that's the only reason they leave. And you justifiy this by cherry picking from all the changes Inno made to the game. Logical indeed.
Okay if you want to consider late game GB's into the equation you are free to do that I simply disagree they play much if any part in any of this.

Genghiss

If you have any comments on this change, please feel free to put them here in the feedback thread :).
Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team
You're killin me here...
Another day and another change in the game. Inno...I have not and will not give you a single dime. Thank Goodness I haven't! Why would I invest in a game that insists on changing the basic core dynamics of gameplay every time one turns around.
You once proudly championed PvP and Plundering.
Now, you say new players to the game can't handle PvP.
A while back you took away (again just out of the blue) Bronze Age player's ability to contribute their forge points to other player's Great Buildings because you thought we couldn't handle it. On 'E' world, I loss eight pages of GBs that I had points on!
You said 'tough'...advance and it will not be a problem.
As for me and many others, we prefer the lower ages. The game lost a lot of its appeal when you insisted on taking the game into the future ages with your microwaves, blasters and Ferris wheels.
But I stayed on.
Now according to an independent website (foesta...something) that says you have:
Active Players 192,015
Inactive Players + 416,366
All US Players on the 'books' 608,381 Last Updated: October 31, 2017 22:20 (EDT)
And yet you still strive to drive folks away...

DeletedUser26965

Now according to an independent website
You mean http://foestats.com/us/combined/ And the thing is about that site is "Inactive" means someone who hasn't logged in for 24 hours and they don't count players below 5,000 points. If you look at the total under United States - Overall Player Rankings there's 618,230 players listed, again not counting players below 5,000 points. For a more accurate number you have to look at each world in game which I've done and it's over 1.8 million for the US alone not including the other servers from around the world.

Now of course there are players like myself who play on multiple worlds and there is a constant flow of accounts that get deleted and others which don't get deleted but where players have left. So what we're looking for here is active unique accounts which of course would be less than 1.8 million but we don't have access to that info and Inno doesn't publish it. Regardless it's a constant flow as well of new players coming into the game so nearly impossible for us to measure.

Inno made no bones about their banner year in 2016 on their website and in articles https://www.innogames.com/press/press-releases/ and with massive investment from the likes Modern Times Group it seems they are doing just fine.

DeletedUser27941

Forge of Empires has always prided itself on maintaining historical accuracy and/or creating a logically accurate future. Do you really think different tribes had an omnipotent hand shielding them from reality? Life in the bronze age was brutal. Tribes plundered each other with more frequency than any other time in history. The game should reflect that...

Freshmeboy

I wouldn't call them historically accurate but I will say they made the pvp change because that system is massively flawed and they know it...and now their data is obviously showing them they are losing their new customer base over it. I see them everyday, players in my age with no GBs or an LOA or Zues just getting started.....they don't think its fair that others aren't rising in age as the quests and storyline would have you do. That's the INNO way, and players feel duped when they get hammered because they are playing the game the way the designers envisioned...and they quit. A customer base that quits early in the game due to game mechanics is a game that won't support itself over the long term. It's a business decision here. Rather than overhaul the broken pvai system, they are trying to cut new players some slack....

DeletedUser32141

An ill-conceived modification to the game .... We all were subject to attacks and plundering from the day we joined FoE ... the attacks and plundering are what motivated us learn how to defend ourselves ... if someone is in a neighborhood they should be subject to attack ... I suppose in the real Middle Ages that villages were not attacked by their neighbors because they were perceived as weak and didn't know how to defend themselves !!! ... How utterly ridiculous !!! ... I am wasting time clicking to attack and then finding out that the played is not subject to siege. Of the first 20 players I attempted to attack, 18 were protected. If FoE insists on continuing with this absurd change to the game why not remove the attack icon from the protected player's screen? ... At least real players would not be inconvenienced.

This game is NOT farmville. Its not meant to be anything like farmville. Why are u making it more and more like farmville with every change? Starting a city and finding out I can't attack anyone until 2/3 of the way thru Iron Age is totally STUPID

:(:confused:o_O

DeletedUser15539

I am in my sixties. When I was young schools and society taught that if you work hard and persevere you would be successful. My style of play in FOE reflects that upbringing. I never hesitated spending time and effort leveling my Arc and military great buildings in the anticipation that doing so would give me an advantage over other players and make further play easier. Schools and society today teach that having everyone subject to the same rules isn't enough. Now, it is the outcomes that must be even, regardless of the time and work expended. And you see that new attitude reflected in many of the players decades my junior, compaining about every instance where they are not equal to others who have played longer and worked harder than they have.

DeletedUser28670

Forge of Empires has always prided itself on maintaining historical accuracy and/or creating a logically accurate future.
Ahh. Yes. Totally.
We can spend Forge Points on our "Great Buildings" in real life to give them the power to conjure military soldiers out of plain air.
We can also buy cottages... that have 73 people living in them.
The Defending Army gets magically revived, and we can only plunder one building.
One can lead a civilization for thousands of years... without dying.
Pretty darn realistic to me!

DeletedUser32009

Giving new players a break from plundering is basically a part of an ingame tutorial. Why do you want to plunder someone with 2k points? I have no qualms with giving new people a chance to figure out the game before being plundered. Plundering is an integral part of this game, and the system is set up very lenient to those attacked. But giving new players a grace period isnt hurting anyone. Eventually they have to join the others, there is no way to advance without doing so.

Freshmeboy

And that may change if INNO's data tells them they are losing new players at an early rate because of the broken pvai system..I'm sure there is a cutoff point that they don't care who stays or goes... the idea being that players will spend money at some point or another in the game as they become fascinated by FOE, just need to keep them hooked long enough to open up their wallets...

DeletedUser32378

Ya bad #%^%$ gotta problem, take em to the crib, we can solve them, just no discussion, hoe this the Finale?

Halla, ##%# problems, oh, I would be like no say, no all day, Scuba going Fat throwin Rymes?

Make that ground move, work that twerk, hate corporate style, whip out a weak gun while I swerve words, slick commas, ride the real waves, who is ze Jefferson prezi? Lost, swerve, dive like aScuba if you fkn dare biatch?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser32378

Oh and, Lol, just get your daily rounds in order, Glass Cannon, in the nearest future, I drop my Deal, but still real, newber rockin, rogue clockin, gbs droppin, I'm definitely in my zone. So, it makes it sooo much easier!!!!@

What?

I diamonds whooo?

Wait?, What?

Don't listen to me, I just want your eggnog baby!!! Lol

DeletedUser32378

Who am I give up, there goes the ropes, I am 9 different video game characters divided into one great proper journey of an opportunity that you don't wanna miss your chance to blow. Lose yourself in the music, you might lose it, if you did, would you like to be able to speak english, or, S, V, R.

Break my 80's jam for some lol future stuff.