• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Kranyar the Mysterious

Most of the players are real , the computer generated ones are admitted by Inno and just there to make it more interesting than always battling the same 10 players.
I'm not sure how true this is. In my main world in FE I never get a real life opponent, even though there are plenty of AF, OF, and VF players ranked higher than me. So why am I never matched up with them?

Pericles the Lion

I would disagree.. I would suggest that a high level Castle owner would get some slight perks in PvP. but those who wish to fight and win... it will not matter. Players who do a great deal of 1.9 get a lot of medals and can certainly equal any player paying with Diamonds. And if a player is paying with Diamonds, they still have to fight and beat the players above their level (Players only fighting equal or lower will never win IMO. Over gets double what equal gains..) they are not just paying and automatically getting top gun. LOL
The #1 PvP player on T has 1.29 million points. To maintain this position, he needs to win enough battles each week to make up for the 10% decay of 129,000 points. A win against a top tier player earns 484 points. So, this player has to win 267 battles each week (plus whatever it takes to offset losing when attacked by other players). 267 auto battles is a piece of cake. However, there is a max of 84 free weekly battles so he'd have to pay medals or diamonds to obtain the other 183 battles. In FE, buying the first battle costs 120 medals and it goes up by 10% with each subsequent purchase. I'll leave it up to a spreadsheet geek to figure out how many medals are needed to buy 183 battles per week.

Lord Pest

The #1 PvP player on T has 1.29 million points. To maintain this position, he needs to win enough battles each week to make up for the 10% decay of 129,000 points. A win against a top tier player earns 484 points. So, this player has to win 267 battles each week (plus whatever it takes to offset losing when attacked by other players). 267 auto battles is a piece of cake. However, there is a max of 84 free weekly battles so he'd have to pay medals or diamonds to obtain the other 183 battles. In FE, buying the first battle costs 120 medals and it goes up by 10% with each subsequent purchase. I'll leave it up to a spreadsheet geek to figure out how many medals are needed to buy 183 battles per week.

I spent medals the first PvP season… saw how costly it was. Haven’t spent any since and I have over 200 million in my inventor. Still since getting into SAM and getting keen eye I’ve been moving slowly up… now in the top 100.

Sharmon the Impaler

I'm not sure how true this is. In my main world in FE I never get a real life opponent, even though there are plenty of AF, OF, and VF players ranked higher than me. So why am I never matched up with them?

I assumed most were real but maybe they are not. To be put up against someone they would have to have a defensive army selected in PvP Arena and not be in your guild or on your friend list. I know 4 of the ones this week are real , not so sure about the rest. You also get ripped off once you hit SAV , the top opponent is now worth less than 400 and your middle and top opponents are both SAV.

Pericles the Lion

I spent medals the first PvP season… saw how costly it was. Haven’t spent any since and I have over 200 million in my inventor. Still since getting into SAM and getting keen eye I’ve been moving slowly up… now in the top 100.
Congrats on being in the top 100! On T there is a million ranking points separating #1 from #100. I don't have a clue how any player can amass, let alone maintain, a million point ranking. If my math is correct, buying the extra attempts would cost more medals than anyone could have. The number is in the multiple billions per week. Likewise, the diamond cost would be astronomical.

Lord Pest

Congrats on being in the top 100! On T there is a million ranking points separating #1 from #100. I don't have a clue how any player can amass, let alone maintain, a million point ranking. If my math is correct, buying the extra attempts would cost more medals than anyone could have. The number is in the multiple billions per week. Likewise, the diamond cost would be astronomical.

for comparison I’m on Korch. #1 player has. 651k. I’m at #96 with 261k.

Pickleweasel

However, there is a max of 84 free weekly battles . . .

There can be a lot more free battles per week than that. I get lots of free turns as rewards from it when I'm playing it, and I only use it to fulfill battle quests, so they (free turns) can't be too rare. Someone playing enough to be #1 probably has 50x or more free battles than I do.

Pericles the Lion

There can be a lot more free battles per week than that. I get lots of free turns as rewards from it when I'm playing it, and I only use it to fulfill battle quests, so they (free turns) can't be too rare. Someone playing enough to be #1 probably has 50x or more free battles than I do.
I'm not sure was "a lot" means. The rewards' stats show that 19.4% of the time a won battle results in a reward and 25.8% of the rewards are "2 attempts". This means that an active player who uses all of the free attempts (1 every 2 hours) can expect to win 8.4 more attempts. So, approximately 10% of total battles can come from winning the "2 attempt" prize. This is not enough to put much of a dent in what this player needs to buy to maintain his lock on the top position. I'm not complaining. It's just another example of big diamond spending.

Agent327

I'm not sure was "a lot" means. The rewards' stats show that 19.4% of the time a won battle results in a reward and 25.8% of the rewards are "2 attempts". This means that an active player who uses all of the free attempts (1 every 2 hours) can expect to win 8.4 more attempts. So, approximately 10% of total battles can come from winning the "2 attempt" prize. This is not enough to put much of a dent in what this player needs to buy to maintain his lock on the top position. I'm not complaining. It's just another example of big diamond spending.

I think you need to recalculate. Castle System gives a time reduction. 20% at level 15. That is an example of money spending.

Pickleweasel

Eh, I suppose my perspective could be skewed since I tend to get free attempts weekly (due to ranking chest). Those in turn recycle into free turns often (for me), but certainly someone at or near the top isn't getting the weekly free attempts since that isn't part of their chest possibilities (I don't think . . . haven't looked in a while). For me I tend to do about 10 battles a day on days when I have quests to fulfill, and I end the day with greater than the 5 attempts in my bank (heck, one of my cities has had 30 banked battles before lol).

Pericles the Lion

I think you need to recalculate. Castle System gives a time reduction. 20% at level 15. That is an example of money spending.
The Castle bonus won't make an appreciable difference. Taking the 20% time reduction into consideration, the max number of timed attempts is 105 (versus 84 with no Castle bonus). In this case, instead of buying an average of 183 per week the amount is reduced to 162. The medal cost to purchase 162 attempts will still number in the billions.

Last edited:

tuck everlasting

I was fighting real players until I reached top 50 on pvp tower since then the top selection is an ai I'm only level 6 on castle I haven't spent a dime in this game I have been attacked a few times by real players I'm in tommorrow age and I'm fighting future,oceanic ,and arctic troops it's been pretty hard battling but I give them a go

GeniePower

I have now gotten the same player 187 times in a row. Are we still trying to convince anyone there is any randomness in opponents? This is a huge bug of the likes of GBG matching where there's secretly a second sorting option that messes up things. It has to be looked into.
Before these 187 times, I had a string of NPC players and before that also the same dude over and over and over again. How is this supposed to be fun for anyone?

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
I have now gotten the same player 187 times in a row. Are we still trying to convince anyone there is any randomness in opponents? This is a huge bug of the likes of GBG matching where there's secretly a second sorting option that messes up things. It has to be looked into.
Before these 187 times, I had a string of NPC players and before that also the same dude over and over and over again. How is this supposed to be fun for anyone?

Would you please send us a ticket about it so we can investigate your case? (In case you haven't)

LeCron

FOE Team
Community Manager
Unfortunately I received the same copy paste answer as always and it is not being escalated.

They always escalate tickets upon requests. We'll get there, and I'll be there with you shortly, I believe. :)

Have a nice day!