• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Algona

both the AO and the Kraken work everywhere in the game. Nerfing them for the PvP tower makes no sense to me. Why not nerf the other offensive fighting GBs or nerf the defensive bonuses the SBC, deal castle, ritual flames etc gives you?

Given nine years of the attacker having the advantage, nerfing DAs out pf the gate would seem a bit heavy handed?

As far as offensive GBs? Why not? Experimenting in one aspect of the game doesn't strike me as unreasonable. Let's see who is the best fighter, not just the best Attack boost maker?

I'm a lot more interested how this new PvP handles or ignores players with Advanced Era units. Although if the defensive AI is the CMap?

Could be a lot of folks loosing a lot of advanced Era units through forgetting to resurrect them?

Joeyjojojo

The PvP side of this game in general doesn't really excite me (I don't really attack neighbors, or do GvG, and consider GBG a farm rather than a competition), but I'll try this and will most likely do the min # of hits for whatever mediocre prizes are on offer.
both the AO and the Kraken work everywhere in the game. Nerfing them for the PvP tower makes no sense to me...
I like the idea of limiting some GBs, but the AO is odd as that's one of few def boosting GBs in a game--would really prefer that they stop all attack/def boosting GBs than a random selection (other buildings would still affect boost, but not GBs). Speaking of def boosts...
i cant Wait Till my City Defense Will Gather ALL the Point in This Event :D
That is an insane amount of defense:eek:. I can't even begin to imagine why you would have it. I guess it's fun to surprise would-be plunderers (mostly retaliating?) but I'd rather be plundered daily than give up the amount of space required for defense boosting structures to get those #s. (And yes, everyone plays differently, and just because I don't like/understand a given play style doesn't make it bad or wrong, but still, a setup for plundering with high city def really only makes strategic sense ~3+ years ago, now...well maybe with this new feature.)

Last edited:

Glockgemini

Just for appearances, you should change Crystal League to Emerald, which is more valuable than Diamond.

Why would you create a whole new combat arena and then hand out the same old prizes we already have a lot of? Where is the motivation to spend time fighting in PvP if we can't get anything we are not already getting?

The Weekly Chest Rewards are about 1/2 to 1/10 of what we get from GE, where we know exactly what we are fighting and we get to use Kraken, AO & VP.
The Seasonal Rewards are pretty paltry for a month's work. Even at Gold and Platinum. Since most player's above Modern Age don't want more than a few SoKs in their city and only the farmers are looking for WW, how about making fragments of Special Upgrades and Event Special Upgrades. That would be something that players would want to strive for. I could really use them.
If you are going to create a whole new area for use to burn time in, please come up with some new prizes. At least I didn't see any Self Aid packages.
You could give out shards or fragments of different special and event special upgrades. Like the SoKs, there could be fragments of upgrades for TF, CF, HoF and then the event specials for the harder prizes.
As far as opponents, they are the equivalent to our Hood. So in Medium, we can get somebody in our age with 40% defense or 700%. In the Hard, I could get someone 3 ages higher with 1000% defense or I could get 1 age up with 100% defense. It's a real crap shoot.

Ebeondi Asi

Then don't take part. The PvP is completely voluntary. and separate. it does not affect the rest of the game if you don't take part.
If you try it and do not like it it's amazingly easy to quit.

I would like to mention the post above this one by Glockgemini which was an independent thread start, and mine were taken fro a separate thread and added here.

Last edited:

Staint Michael

It appears there are AI players in the PVP Arena, I came across one called Ebony in the Future era with a city defense of about 600A / 600D. And another one called Isaac Gordon. About 500 / 500.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

It appears there are AI players in the PVP Arena, I came across one called Ebony in the Future era with a city defense of about 600A / 600D. And another one called Isaac Gordon. About 500 / 500.
Could it be to provide something for the early players to do before enough players opt-in?
Or since the first round doesn't actually start until Monday, they could be there for us to try it out? Kind of like a sandbox mode, maybe?

Staint Michael

Or since the first round doesn't actually start until Monday, they could be there for us to try it out? Kind of like a sandbox mode, maybe?
Maybe, We will see next week, On a positive side it is nice to have something to spend your metals on, once you have maxed out your expansions.

Tannerite2

Then don't take part. The PvP is completely voluntary. and separate. it does not affect the rest of the game if you don't take part.
If you try it and do not like it it's amazingly easy to quit.

This is a feedback thread. What is the problem with someone giving feedback? If someone doesn't like it, this is the perfect place to say so. Shouldn't people be encouraged to share their opinions in a feedback thread?

I heard that they have continued to have bots on beta. I know many SAV players are getting a bot that is easy to beat for their hardest opponent every single time.

Personally, I am very underwhelmed by this arena. The rewards for the month are worse than some daily quest rewards. I will probably do the minimum and ignore it otherwise.

Iggy112

In the last 30 mins or so, my game has locked up 3-4 times while trying to play the arena….have had to reboot the game….Kind of liking the arena itself, but if I have to reboot game every 5 minutes????

qaccy

Simple to click into and out of. It's unfortunate that I can't see replays of battles when I'm attacked. Means I can't change up my defenders to keep opponents on their toes. Definitely like that Rogues are ignored, which makes it a lot easier to defend and makes those bonuses more important than they usually are.

Agent327

This is a feedback thread. What is the problem with someone giving feedback? If someone doesn't like it, this is the perfect place to say so. Shouldn't people be encouraged to share their opinions in a feedback thread?

Telling it is voluntary and you do not need to participate is also feedback. Besides that you are not the one who decides what is feedback or what not. If you have a problem with a post report it. Do not start a discussion because of it.

UBERhelp1

Fun fact: you can generally tell who the bots are by them having the same boosts for attack and defense for defending armies, for example 80/80 or 45/45. Most player's obviously don't have balanced boosts.

And FINALLY a decent use for medals. I'm lovin it.

Enjoying it... looking forward to more players joining. Ended up getting the same player 3 times in a row.

I'm wondering if the (medal) cost to get more attempts goes down over time, weekly or monthly?

Once I set my defending army, I was unable to get back and make changes. [EDIT: Doh. I didn't realize I had my defending army set to different age than my attacking army. Thank you, Capt Kirk! :)]

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I am very much enjoying playing PvP. WHoo Hoo.. I get to attack higher Era troops nearly endlessly, and win. True though, the guy with 1500 defense I skipped over... LOL
This is going to change the attitude about defensive protection. I had almost tossed my St Basil, not anymore...
And did I mention it is fun to play.

I was able to change my defending army a few times. no trouble. But I am on PC not Mobile.

Ericness

So far I'm having fun with this and enjoy seeing how I match up to others. As others have mentioned it's a nice way to make medals relevant again for those so inclined.

The one tedious bit is that as someone in TE most of my battles involve just slamming rogues and HTs against each other after a few rounds of dancing. That's not really on Inno though.

saknika

I've tried it and honestly I'm not feeling it. The prizes aren't anything that I need/want, and the whole feel of it is just... meh. I feel like I'm just wasting time and troops for garbage prizes. We already have GE & GBG as major activities to work on, settlements which are tedious and time consuming, and once you're in the Space Age eras now you have a colony, too. Why would I even bother adding this to the list of things I'll do when it doesn't offer anything worthwhile? Might be good for some newer players, but aside from that... meh.

Just An Observer

If nothing else, play the free attempts, collect a few rewards and call it a day! A little bit of stuff here and a little bit of stuff there adds up over time.

Ruanne

You can post your thoughts about the PvP Arena (Reworked) here.

Learn more about the event in this topic.

Thank you :)
PvP rewards are crap??? Only 20% chance of winning the good one :( ..... And I haven't won anything good fighting ? Anyone else gotten anything good? Not to mention that the stats don't make any sense. I fight a player with 100 attack and 100 defense from my same Era when I'm 800 attack and 500 defense... and I lose how does that make any sense???