• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Ebeondi Asi

If you remove all defending troops from the PvP minigame per Inno you will be removed from the minigame, and no longer be playing it. and the exclamation will be gone. I think though not sure, the building will then become a smaller 'ruin' instead of a tower.

Johnny B. Goode

If you remove all defending troops from the PvP minigame per Inno you will be removed from the minigame, and no longer be playing it. and the exclamation will be gone. I think though not sure, the building will then become a smaller 'ruin' instead of a tower.
I did that (removed my defending troops) and the exclamation point is gone, but otherwise the tower still looks the same. I'm pretty sure it's only a ruin if you haven't researched the tech to unlock it yet.

So far it's okay. Not spending anything except a few units a day, so the rewards, although not great, aren't costing me much. And it's kind of cool facing higher age units. However the matchmaking could do with some work. Possibly a byproduct of there only being 2,000 participants in Z world, but fighting the same people over and over and over is already getting kind of boring and I'm in CE so I can only imagine what it's like for the space age folks. Maybe add something to the algorithm that you can only fight someone 2-3 times in a day and then they drop out of the pool for 24 hours. Also, Refresh should change all 3 spots not just 1 or 2. I just refreshed and the medium player didn't change and I've already attacked them 5 times today. Anyway, I thought this would be totally useless, so I guess I'm pleasantly surprised.

Ebeondi Asi

Not 'Week' it is MONTH. So July 1st...
Only the start was a few days.. Then June 1st the current month started.

Portia the Benevolent

Doing badly, huh?
uh I think I quoted the issue. Aging up and moving me to that age when I had no troops sealed the deal. I actually was doing pretty well and liked it until then— although I admit to being on the fence, not lesst of which was prizes that didn’t scream out as exceptional, and that troop issue made it a pointless proposition for me. Your mileage may vary.

SCollins23

Absolutely lost interest. It is clear this game will overwhelmingly benefit the players who are the last that need benefitting. Without a staggeringly high city attack and a vast amount of expendable medals you’ll be left fighting for a 20 FPs payout at the end of the month because in addition to above-mentioned issues you have to contend with 5 loss deductions a day. I can tell you in advance low levels will opt out en masse because their city attack is too low to compete, and mid-level like me will see the end result not worth the effort. Bye y’all. And for those that like it, carry on.

Same experience here. Contrary to the response you got, I can actually do well (I assume, so can you), but for what? From what I see, not worth the time and effort. I'll give 50 FPs to Inno per week so that they don't bother me with nonsense.

Pericles the Lion

So I've given it a week. The rewards are ok considering it doesn't take much time. GBG is potentially better but PVP is not bad. My issue is the matchmaking. According to the ranking there are 128 players in my age but I'm only getting matched with the same three over and over. All of us are top 5 in the rankings. I hit them...they hit me. Just trading ranking points. I fought the same player three times in a row yesterday. The odds of this happening randomly are something like 2 million to one. This appears to be by design.

There's certainly an adoption problem. Only 12 guildmates (a quarter of GBG participants) are playing PvP Arena. 84000 players on the server (about 60000 with more than 1 battle fought) but only 2000 PvP Arena participants. 3% adoption of this new feature?

Maybe the rewards need to come more often to get people to play.

Also, in the past 15 battles, I've had the same opponent 10 times, another 4 times. How is this random? Is this "random" like GBG guild matching? (yes, I know they'll fix that particular issue).

MJ Artisan of War

Over it... Deleted Defensive Armies on two worlds... will delete the third after the next battle and getting the 50 fps in the platinum chest...
Don't need the boring busy work....

67Sage101

I won't be participating. It uses city defense and as such I have not built up city defense since formerly it was a pointless waste to divide your resources between attacking army and city defense. The whole city suffered in GBG, GVG is you set up anything on city defense to stop a plunderer. And with on time collection and Galata, there was NO need for city defense. So all this did was recreate a need for city defense and make a place where big city defenders with 400% + defense can make use of what was previously a wash in their city.

Last edited:

LoveNkind

Could you please remove the attempts feature and make it unlimited?
How am I supposed to complete quests like win x battles, or win x battles without losing in between, or defeat x amount of units, or gain huge amount of coins and/or supplies? If a quest said: "win 6 battles without losing in between", and I'm low on attempts how am I supposed to do that?
This is gonna ruin my life. :(
Spartacus, you can win "3 battles without losing in between" kind of quests in GE or in GBG or map. The easiest way is to bother your neighbors, at least in the early ages. Many have 2 spear as their entire defense. You don't cost them anything if you don't plunder.

LoveNkind

I won't be participating. It uses city defense and as such I have not built up city defense since formerly it was a pointless waste to divide your resources between attacking army and city defense. The whole city suffered in GBG, GVG is you set up anything on city defense to stop a plunderer. And with on time collection and Galata, there was NO need for city defense. So all this did was recreate a need for city defense and make a place where big city defenders with 400% + defense can make use of what was previously a wash in their city.
Your defenses are completely separate from whatever you set up for city defense.

Ironrooster

You can get by with minimal city defense and 1 defender. Only the first 5 attacks per day against you are counted in your global points. Since you can attack more than 5 times per day you can still come out ahead. My defenders have only won 1 battle (the 1st day), otherwise 5 losses/day are counted against my global points, which I more than make up with my attacks.

spartacus2.0

Spartacus, you can win "3 battles without losing in between" kind of quests in GE or in GBG or map. The easiest way is to bother your neighbors, at least in the early ages. Many have 2 spear as their entire defense. You don't cost them anything if you don't plunder.
Please don't visit my worlds besides fel dranghyre, i abandoned them. The world i am currently active,fel dranghyre , is in postmodern era

CDmark

I like the new feature, you can play when you want, if you play more, potential to get more. I don't mind the continent map style of play. Repeat match ups I can understand it is based on the number playing, so Inno putting AI players is good, to get it started. One thing I was wondering. City Shield, does it work in PvP arena? I read the info here on the forum and somewhere else on the internet :) and I haven't found any mention of city shield. This is a functionality question, not anything I may do, not sure it is worth the tavern silver. I am trying to test it but I need someone on the other side to tell me if it worked or not.

Just to mention I am in Future Era, and I get abut the same points 415 to (515 Highest ever) for fighting 'Era above' players). does not seen to matter too much if they are in Arctic Oceanic or Virtual.
So from that one data point and the quoted person, I would guess everyone gets about the same points for winning the Era above..
(Need some input from players in lower Eras Contemporary. LMA, Progressive.. etc what they get for winning "era Above" battles in PvP
LMA and HMA seeing the same, dont recall anything 500+, I would have noticed it.

When it started last week I was thrilled and enjoyed the entire process — until it reset on Monday. In my case, I was in colonial and I waited until Tuesday to upgrade to industrial. I assumed because I upgraded after the week started I would stay in colonial for the rest of the week, but instead I was upgraded to industrial and I have no troops. So I’m stuck with progressive, industrial and the low tier of colonial. Colonial is the only tier I have access to due to troop issue, and of course it would be my luck that the attack on opponent’s level was so ridiculously high I couldn’t even do colonial. So I refreshed and it was also ridiculously high, so I’m essentially locked out because I don’t have industrial units. However when I look at the rankings I’m still in the colonial ranking (??) so I believe you need to fix this so it’s the same all battle games— it if you upgrade after a week or season has started you stay in the age you started with.
Interesting, unlike your hood, GE and GBG, where you can have an advantage for a cycle, PvP arena updates your era the instant you advance, kind of like events, where the quests change to the new era requirements and the rewards are new era too. I would expect if you win troops or goods in the Age Up scenario, they are of the new era too.

67Sage101

You can get by with minimal city defense and 1 defender. Only the first 5 attacks per day against you are counted in your global points. Since you can attack more than 5 times per day you can still come out ahead. My defenders have only won 1 battle (the 1st day), otherwise 5 losses/day are counted against my global points, which I more than make up with my attacks.

So I tried it and went up against an age up player. Woops he had some awesome city defense. Lost all my troops and he suffered zero loses. Guess I'll slink my way back down to fighting to the poor previous age fellows. Oops found a lower aged camper with good city defense.. NVM, it's just as I said. I'm out again. Seems you need a really powerful army that can beat your neighborhood bully that likes to plunder. If you can't take revenge on the bully, no need to even try PVP arena.