• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Donkeyjote

I'm enjoying the PvP Arena quite a bit, with one exception. I'm in EMA and if I fight LMA people I end up fighting colonial units. There's just no way to beat that. I understand the game allows quests that give you units beyond your era, but as far as an Arena, units beyond your era should not be allowed in your defending army. That is an extremely unbalanced advantage.

Ironrooster

I'm enjoying the PvP Arena quite a bit, with one exception. I'm in EMA and if I fight LMA people I end up fighting colonial units. There's just no way to beat that. I understand the game allows quests that give you units beyond your era, but as far as an Arena, units beyond your era should not be allowed in your defending army. That is an extremely unbalanced advantage.
Yeah I got a surprise like that. Fighting what I thought was the same level as mine but he had level higher units. Oh well, I just made a note of who it was and didn't do that fight again. :D
Actually, I find part of the fun of PvP is not knowing what the defending army is. I keep reworking my mix of troops to find a good combination that can handle whatever shows up.

Ebeondi Asi

You can beat advanced units, if you have enough attack boost.
The problem I see is in early ages the difference in attack boost of an advanced troop is greater. and most people do not ae enough attack boost to beatthem. Where in later ages ,even though numerically greater, the multiplicative (percentage) difference is smaller. And players ave a lot more attack boostSo it is much less of a problem.
that a few players have advanced troops is a part of the game. Everyone can, you just have to jump through the hoops to get them, and know in advance that it is possible. Once you miss them for an era, you are out of luck. (I have never bothered to chase after them)

DreadfulCadillac

I thought this would be boring, but I am actually losing quite often. I learned my lesson to not use Rogues quickly, lets just say that! A bit weird that I, in Modern Era, am getting pitched against Players in the contemporary era, but eh.

Unsure if I should increase my defense boost a little for this feature?

stallion119

Another useless feature. Let’s see, tavern, pvp, pvp tower, GvG, GbG, Ge, settlements, city planning, manual AID guild, AID friends, 1.9, etc.....
did I miss something?

Ebeondi Asi

I am lowering my defense boost. there is no reason to have a higher defense boost for PvP at all. In fact I went to one Bronze Age Spearfighter for PvP defense. You can only lose five hat count. So halving the loss points is better than winning two and losing three.
TH
The downside of all those who do boost City Defense to win attacks in PvP is eventually fewer and fewer will play PvP. When it gets too hard to win higher Era fights is when I and probably others, quit PvP. LOL

qaccy

Another useless feature. Let’s see, tavern, pvp, pvp tower, GvG, GbG, Ge, settlements, city planning, manual AID guild, AID friends, 1.9, etc.....
did I miss something?
I can't figure out an angle here other than egregious sarcasm, but 1.9 isn't a feature. That's player-made. :p

Your name sounds familiar though. You're an old troll, aren't you?

There isn't much incentive to play PvP Arena when we can make 900+ FPs in one day during GBG.

The unfortunate part of this statement, beyond its sad truthfulness, is which feature is the problem. PvP has some participation issues, but the rewards are commensurate with the effort required. GBG’s rewards are not. If GBG were properly balanced within the game, as it relates to other features, this disparity wouldn’t exist and PvP would appear sufficiently rewarding for the effort.

Emberguard

The problem I see is in early ages the difference in attack boost of an advanced troop is greater. and most people do not ae enough attack boost to beat them.
There’s also another factor with the age you’re in. Progressive Era flips the attack pyramid nullifying any attack bonuses from typing. It’s also around that point where unit skills take a greater role in battles. So as a Industrial Age player I can’t use typing to my benefit: the opponent gets the same benefit.

If you’re up against Contemporary Era as your higher aged opponent that’s also going to be a tricky age because one of their units have a cap on max damage per hit. At which point you can’t use boosts to win and without the Kraken or AO you’re relying on just the units capabilities. I agree on the decision to leave out Kraken and AO if they’re not going to be added onto defending army for PvP Arena. If both Kraken and AO passively worked (without using up charges) for the defending army it’d be fair to include them for attackers as well. Just certain unit skills makes certain ages have a distinct advantage over others

Krysnos

How is it that players in PvP can have attack and defense boosts in the 500s, 600s, even up to the 800s?

Is there some feature of the game I'm missing that allows you to get boosts that high?

Ironrooster

How is it that players in PvP can have attack and defense boosts in the 500s, 600s, even up to the 800s?

Is there some feature of the game I'm missing that allows you to get boosts that high?
Over time you accumulate buildings that provide boosts. Some people have been playing for years and have lots of buildings.

The Lady Redneck

Well I have to say I thought PvP Arena would be just one more boring thing to take time away from actually enjoying the game. A bit like Settlements. I forced myself to do those until I finished Japan. Tried Egypt and thought OK enough is enough, no more. So am done with those.

But The PvP Arena is not to bad. I have a choice of opponents 1 an age above me, 1 my age and 1 the age below. So if the mood takes me and their stats look interesting It can be fun. I did away with city defense ages ago. and as yet nothing in the PvPA leads me to change that decision. The opponents are now so regular I know those I can simply auto battle in any of the three Eras. And those I know that no matter the boosts and troops I use would be a suicide mission even on manual. And the few that are challenging enough for me to err on the side of caution and do manual fights. I get up to Crystal level and It take very little time away from the game and gets me some rewards without spending anything on it. So all things considered it is (for now anyway) not bad at all.

Cheers, so angry at INNO for this stupid part of the game, forgot all I had to do was pull my defending army to send INNO a message how stupid this part of the game is and they know I'm not playing it. Now as per my original post if I can get lots of others to do the same maybe INNO will get the message and fix it or take it down. :) Now I don't even have to look at the stupid red exclamation sign. :)
If your goal is to convert all the people on the us servers, good luck. Some people don't mind getting a weekly prize. It also helps with the PvP towers. Just because you don't like it don't mean you have rid the game of it.

did I miss something?
I hope you are either trolling, or being sarcastic, because a few of the things you said are indeed useful. I agree that PvP towers are pretty useless, I don't participate in GvG, but have seen people on here who rather enjoy it. GbG is nice for gaining extra FPs. City Planning is essential to this type of game. Aiding gives you coins and the possibility for BPs, and once you get a Truce Tower up, goods. The tavern is essential for quest whether they are event or dailies. Settlements are a bit of a drag, I will give you that, but they offer some great rewards. I find 1.9 threads much more useful then swap threads, first off you pay less to level your GB, and second off I like my neighbors using them, because I can snipe easier, I know some of you are probably going to think that is why 1.9's are lesser, but I find them nicer, to each their own.

In my world, there are 64972 players with 501 points and at least 1 battle done. 2143 are listed in PvP Arena. That's 3%.

If Inno wants greater adoption of PvP Arena, they'll need to improve the rewards.
That was written on June 13. Today, there are 1795 players listed in PvP Arena. Not encouraging. :(

Expletive Deleted

That was written on June 13. Today, there are 1795 players listed in PvP Arena. Not encouraging. :(
While I get that those numbers are not encouraging, I think its not a complete indication of failure. What number of the near 65k players on that world take tier 4 of GE or participate in GBG on any level? How many of them have finished a single settlement? Or any of this years events?
Not trying to dismiss the information you're providing but its limited in scope and I dont think even 50% of players will participate in 100% of the ways to play this game.
If the rewards improve then more may take it up but if not it's still an easy solution for defeat troop or win battle quests that doesn't require a lot of effort.
Personally I'm still on the fence about it. It's not got enough in rewards to make me push harder or spend on extra turns. But it's not an inconvenience or detriment to my play.
Color me indifferent until something changes.